GWT: Premier League 12/31-1/4

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Ridiculous non-call on Miki right on the edge of the box.
I don't think there was anything in that from the replays I saw.
Lee Mason is a horrible official
This is true. He is having a shocker and most of the controversy is against Man U at this point.
  • Ridiculous disallowed goal
  • Missed penalty call
  • Repeated for emphasis - absolutely ridiculous disallowed goal. That's exactly what you want Ibra to do in that situation. He got his foot up and withdrew it before Valdes got there. Perfect goal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This ref is going to be tarred and feathered at the town square

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ridiculous calls from Mason

Hoping Mourinho tears em a new one

Chelsea 4-2 Crouch

13 straight wins

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Ridiculous calls from Mason

Hoping Mourinho tears em a new one

Chelsea 4-2 Crouch

13 straight wins

He won't because they will win.

Was feeling bad for Man U but I was kind of wishing they still loose just to see Mourinho's rant.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't think there was anything in that from the replays I saw.

From the replays I saw the defender cut in front of him and ended up putting his hip into the midsection.

This is true. He is having a shocker and most of the controversy is against Man U at this point.
  • Ridiculous disallowed goal
  • Missed penalty call
  • Repeated for emphasis - absolutely ridiculous disallowed goal. That's exactly what you want Ibra to do in that situation. He got his foot up and withdrew it before Valdes got there. Perfect goal.

I'd also point out the tackle in Martial in the box right after his shot he got hurt on. Defender is well late and comes with studs up high and is behind the ball anyway. Normally contact after a shot isn't called, but in this case that tackle is a guaranteed yellow or borderline red anywhere else on the pitch.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
I'd also point out the tackle in Martial in the box right after his shot he got hurt on. Defender is well late and comes with studs up high and is behind the ball anyway. Normally contact after a shot isn't called, but in this case that tackle is a guaranteed yellow or borderline red anywhere else on the pitch.
Agreed. I think that happened after my initial post, but with the shot gone, it's understandable why it was missed. But that's certainly at least a yellow in any other circumstance.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Don't know who is better at just singing their team name in different tones all game, Liverpool or Arsenal fans.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
My god is the pairing of Otamendi and Stones horrible. I put more of the blame on Otamendi because he's the veteran, but they are both lost back there. Otamendi is not good.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My god is the pairing of Otamendi and Stones horrible. I put more of the blame on Otamendi because he's the veteran, but they are both lost back there. Otamendi is not good.

Otamendi has been pretty terrible his entire stint with Manchester City. Somehow he was good in Valencia and was named to the La Liga team of the year before moving, but I haven't really seen any evidence of that quality while he's been in England, at least not any consistently. I remember a lot of hype on this board about him when he came over there, hasn't really worked out.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Otamendi has been pretty terrible his entire stint with Manchester City. Somehow he was good in Valencia and was named to the La Liga team of the year before moving, but I haven't really seen any evidence of that quality while he's been in England, at least not any consistently. I remember a lot of hype on this board about him when he came over there, hasn't really worked out.
I don't see a single thing in his game to like. He's slow, he loves to dive in to ridiculous challenges and gives away an absurd amount of fouls. He's okay positionally, but does make a couple mistakes a game due to poor communication. I don't really understand why he was so good with Valencia but never adapted to England, perhaps it's the pace of the game that he struggles with. To me he looks a lot like a mid table defender, someone that would do a lot better on a team looking to absorb pressure and crowd the box as compared to a team looking to play a higher line and possess the ball.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dominant first half from Liverpool. Didn't have a ton of chances but they were so good at shutting down City's possession.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Dominant first half from Liverpool. Didn't have a ton of chances but they were so good at shutting down City's possession.

City have had a lot of the ball but Liverpool are doing a good job of limiting their options. The Milner-Sterling matchup is concerning but Milner has held his own so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00