GWT: Premier League 1/21-1/22

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I hate starting Can. It usually takes Lallana out of the midfield where he is exponentially better.

Yeah. Can/Gigi-Henderson-Lallana is our best option as of now. We lose so much mobility and and ball control without Lallana, specially in small areas and pressured situations. I think it's so importens to have atleas one midfielder who is calm and secure with the ball in tight spaces. We got a lesson in that in the Europa League final last year where Banega dominated

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Lineups for City vs. Spurs:

Spurs: Lloris, Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sissoko, Son.

Going with a 3-4-3 even without Vertonghen.

City: Bravo, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kolarov. Clichy, Yaya, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane. Sterling, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Kompany, Fernando, Nolito, Delph, Stones, G. Jesus

Seems like a 4-1-4-1 with Yaya holding.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
I always leave unimpressed with Spurs attack whenever I watch them play. It's insanely opportunistic without any sustained pressure. Their defense is great though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
City have played spurs off he pitch but nothing to show for it. They might regret not getting at least a goal after all that.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
City have played spurs off he pitch but nothing to show for it. They might regret not getting at least a goal after all that.

Yep. City-Chelsea match started the same way. Seems like they have the basics of Pep's football down but the players just make the wrong movements in the final third and end up with worse chances than they should. Tottenham briefly restored balance to the game when they switched from a back 5 to a back 4 but then City dominated the last few minutes of the half again. They need to maintain this intensity in pressing in the second half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad