OT: Pregame Activities in LA

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Taking my GF to her second ever hockey game tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out some things for us to do before the game. Any things anyone around here likes to do before games down there? Just looking for ideas.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
agreed with @Lt Dan , if you're not looking to roam around too far LA Live is just too convenient. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment options right there plus I'm sure they'll have some opening night festivities?

If you're trying to make an afternoon of it you may be able to grab an early dinner elsewhere and I know some folks here have some great spots.

Reactions: johnjm22 and Lt Dan

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
We pretty much have all day free.

Isn't LA live mostly bars and restaurants? I'll be checking it out.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
We pretty much have all day free.

Isn't LA live mostly bars and restaurants? I'll be checking it out.
Yes, but is convenient as f***. I park nearby walk there, get all schwilly and stumble over to the arena formerly known as Staples

I second what KHG said here if you have all day
Go to Little Tokyo. There's great food, some cool shops, neat little part of LA.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Cal tech in pasadena for some differentional equation solving or maybe get lucky and attend a fluid dynamics lecture/lab.
Maybe some finite math to warm up first?
You sound like the kind of person that complained about the first Matrix movie because the title falsely implied a connection to linear algebra. That's alright. I grew up studying numbers as imaginary as my friends.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Where did you wind up going?
Hopefully not burrito king...
Ended up going to the LA Zoo.

It was quite nice. Hardly anyone there. It's also one of the only places in LA with free easy parking.

Original plan was Zoo -> Little Tokyo (for lunch) -> Game. But we ended up skipping Little Tokyo because we spent so much time at the zoo.

We ate at the Kabob place inside Crypto. I can't remember what it was called. It was okay. They charged us $95 for 4 small beers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad