Post-Game Talk: Preds VS Sens....1/11/2014 ( My Birthday Game)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Ugly ... but the team scored three goals in each of the last two games. 3+ scored in five of the past seven by the Preds.

And two of those goals were with Smith/Cullen finally being reunited.

Clunes goal was a fluke mid-air bat in goal. It happens maybe once a year for the entire team. It wasn't even a standard tip/deflection of puck. Gaustad's goal was handed to him by Borque's pass.

Are you being a contrarian or do you really think these are good, well-thought out lines.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Are there other teams around the league that mix lines rather than playing offensive players with offensive players and grinders with grinders?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
And two of those goals were with Smith/Cullen finally being reunited.

Clunes goal was a fluke mid-air bat in goal. It happens maybe once a year for the entire team. It wasn't even a standard tip/deflection of puck. Gaustad's goal was handed to him by Borque's pass.

Are you being a contrarian or do you really think these are good, well-thought out lines.

I conceded the lines are ugly but guess what .... five out of the past seven games with 3 or more goals scored. You complain about the lines, then cite that Gaustad's goal was the direct result of a pass from his linemate with the secondary assist from his other linemate. How horrible that a line that on paper looks like it shouldn't work resulted in all three forwards getting a point. I don't care how pretty or ugly the goals we score happen to be. All I care is that the team scores enough to give it a good chance to win. Netting three goals in game after game gives them a chance. Maz allowing three or more in seven of his last ten starts makes it tough. Hutton letting in soft goals makes it tough.

The problem against the Ducks wasn't that our lines didn't generate offense. The problem was that the team once again let in far too many goals. We've held the opposition to 2 or fewer goals just six times since Thanksgiving.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Ellis has got to get stronger. Bad neutral zone giveaway there.

Legwand has got to bury that one from behind the net. Goal was wide open.

Still, good possession here.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Gaustad is a big guy that is going to score dirty goals. He did just that. My point was that anyone that gets that pass is going to score. I agree with you that defensively we have let in too many goals. That said, at least one of the anaheim goals was a weak goal, if not two.

We have a lot of problems with this team, but that doesn't negate the fact that our offensive lines are head scratchers at best.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Only two goals are from a weird bounce turnover off our boards and a blocked shot bouncing to our guy. No "goal scorers goals" tonight.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Gaustad is a big guy that is going to score dirty goals. He did just that. My point was that anyone that gets that pass is going to score. I agree with you that defensively we have let in too many goals. That said, at least one of the anaheim goals was a weak goal, if not two.

We have a lot of problems with this team, but that doesn't negate the fact that our offensive lines are head scratchers at best.

Does it matter how head scratching the lines are if they keep producing? Bottom line is our so called grinders are getting more done at ES in less time than many of our so called scorers.

Gaustad has 7 ES goals this season. Smith and Fisher are the only Preds with more ES goals so far. Goose did that with over 100 fewer ES minutes than Legwand or Wilson ... 50 minutes less than Hornqvist. Nystrom and Bourque have five ... tied with Cullen, Hornqvist, and Wilson. Hell, Clune has two ES goals in just over 180 minutes of ES TOI coming into tonight .... compare that to Forsberg's ES performance in his approx 180 minutes of career ES TOI.

If our grinders keep producing ... so be it. Maybe their "talented" teammates will follow the lead.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Everyone and their grandmother knows that we try to setup Weber on the PP. How about something different? The shot doesn't need to go 100 mph. Ugh..what a waste of the PP..

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We had chances but couldn't score in OT and we are in the shootout again. Let's see if we can score a goal at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad