Confirmed with Link: Preds sign Tanner Jeannot to ELC

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The thing I like about this line as currently constructed and Jeannot in particular is that they play physically without taking too many stupid penalties. Olivier had a bit of an issue with that.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Gotta feel for Olivier. He was just finding his niche when he got hurt. Hopefully he stays as the 13th forward next year
Olivier could find a spot somewhere else in the lineup. i like his game.

jeannot, trenin, and olivier have all 3 made their mark this year. i would have all 3 in my starting lineup next October. but no more just pencilling bottom 6 guys in for more than 1-2 years. it can get stale quick and i think that is what happened after our 16-17 run. we ran with too much of the same and i could make an argument that our 4th line has been the “shot in the arm” to jump start our winning hockey.

Jeannot could quickly become one of the more popular preds. we have never gotten another “Tootoo” since his departure. The game has changed but jeannot seems to be as close to a modern day tootoo as you can get. the word modern being key as he actually has the mind to play sound hockey from day one of his debut.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Guys like Olivier and Jeannot are further proof that signing the Austin Watson's and Gabriel Bourque's to longer deals doesn't really make sense.
I mean, we only ever signed Watson to 3-year deals. I would sign Trenin or Jeannot to a 3-year deal today, very happily. I don't see the difference or the issue? :dunno:

Reactions: originalpredfan

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Olivier could find a spot somewhere else in the lineup. i like his game.

jeannot, trenin, and olivier have all 3 made their mark this year. i would have all 3 in my starting lineup next October. but no more just pencilling bottom 6 guys in for more than 1-2 years. it can get stale quick and i think that is what happened after our 16-17 run. we ran with too much of the same and i could make an argument that our 4th line has been the “shot in the arm” to jump start our winning hockey.

Jeannot could quickly become one of the more popular preds. we have never gotten another “Tootoo” since his departure. The game has changed but jeannot seems to be as close to a modern day tootoo as you can get. the word modern being key as he actually has the mind to play sound hockey from day one of his debut.
Ideally, maybe it is Trenin who could find a spot somewhere else (higher up?) in the lineup? Or heck, the way Jeannot has progressed this year, maybe it's him instead.

Or maybe one of the herd gets culled in Expansion, who knows. But if Olivier can rein in some of the undisciplined penalties he was starting to take, I still definitely like him in the lineup on a 4th line.

It's one of those "good problems to have" anyway. Who honestly thought to start this season that finding spots for Olivier and Jeannot moving forward was going to be something we talked about?
:handclap:

Reactions: originalpredfan

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Man, don't be so quick to cast aside Olivier. We all pretty muched loved what he was bringing on that line before he got hurt.

I could see Jeannot or Trenin finding enough offensive consistency to move up to the 3rd line at some point (especially after Haula and Cousins are out of the way). Or if we lose Sissons in the ED, Trenin could slide over to C between Jeannot and Olivier.

Not to mention injuries, Olivier even as a 13th forward should be able to get into 40-50 games easily in an 82 game season.

Reactions: weeze

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think thats what Jeannot will be... dude will be at least a 20g scorer
The guys story is nothing but inspiring. Constantly inquiring to the coaches what he needs to work on to be a better more complete player. Wasn't drafted in the WHL or AHL but has worked his tail off to become a player worthy of playing some time in the NHL.

Reactions: SouthNash

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
The thing about the herd line is that they could easily be the #3 line next year and change their expectation to some offensive production. I could see that happening. Then Olivier slots back in to #4. There will be a few guys leaving and space for some bodies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
How can you not like this kid? I dont always notice the good non scoring plays, but I was watching sometime pretty late in the third against Dallas, the Stars were buzzing in our zone and the puck went up the wall to a defenseman and it looked like they were gonna keep it in and keep the pressure on and then 84 just blasted the defenseman and the puck right out into the neutral zone. Hopefully we extend him

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't hesitate to give him a 1-way deal for next season.

Honestly, if I'm picking for Seattle, it's the guys like Trenin, Jeannot, and Carrier I'd be looking at, not the guys like Jarnkrok or Sissons (or Duchene or Johansen). Maybe I'm a little too "HF mentality", though. Let's hope so. :crossfing

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Trenin, Olivier and Jeannot have been a blessing to see grow and become a group and a force, Sissons has grown as well being part of that line. We knew Trenin would hit but to see Jeannot come in and play the way he has has been good to see.

I am also surprised by Gudbranson's play, had no idea or expectations of him but he has played well. Loved the way he tossed Comeau to the ice. Nice to see we have some big bodies that can play and be BIG when needed. This team has looked so much better over the last two months, let's not look past these next two games against CBJ! They are a must win!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Guys tanner jeannot finished the regular season at .5 ppg pace - basically the same clip as Tolvanen

next season he needs to get PP time and be in the top 6
I kind of like the current setup of 4 lines, each with an identity, each capable of chipping in on any given night. Maybe the Herd Line is already "top 6" for us??? :eek: Or if we have 12 "top 6" guys, that'd be pretty cool.

JoFA
Jarnkrok-Granlund-Kunin
Tolvanen - Duchene - Tomasino
Herd Line
Grimaldi / Cousins

Is already pretty busy for 14 forwards, albeit 1 likely heading to Seattle. :nod:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
At this point I'm wondering if we find a way to protect him from Seattle. Seems silly but I'd hate to lose him

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
His speed is truly surprising. He's got a really good first step. Watch that shorty last night and see how he gets a jump on the puck over 2 Canes. There's no doubt he's busted his ass to get his skating to where it is now so hats off to him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At this point I'm wondering if we find a way to protect him from Seattle. Seems silly but I'd hate to lose him
I'm honestly starting to think we can easily get away with exposing certain big contract veterans.... Joey, Arvy, Ellis, Duchene... I don't see any strong argument today to protect any of them! Maybe the playoffs will change that. But how much would it really hurt us at this point to lose one? You could go 7-3-1:

Forsberg, Kunin, Trenin, Jeannot, Sissons, Jarnkrok, and still room for Joey or even Granlund if we've already signed him
Josi, Ekholm, Fabbro
Saros

Leaving exposed: Arvy, Duchene, Grimaldi, Cousins, Ellis, Carrier

Carrier then becomes my main worry... but maybe with Arvy and Ellis dangling out there we then won't have to worry too much as they should be very worthwhile for Seattle to grab. Offer up one of them as the veteran sacrificial lamb, but keep all the younguns... that's looking a lot more attractive to me today anyway, maybe the playoffs will change that up again though.

Reactions: LCPreds

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I'd protect him over Kunin or Jarnkrok. sounds weird but he's a rarity or looks like he could be anyway.
Yep, small sample size but 5 goals in 14 games is still unusual for the type of game he plays. That's why I'd move him up a little.
Berg Joey Duchene
Kunin Gran Hook
Jeanott Haula Tolvanen
Olivier Sissons Trenin
I think that's a great opportunity for Jeanott and Tolvanen for different reason but I think it's where they belong in the lineup. Give Jeanott a shot with better talent. Takes some pressure off Tolvanen to perform with top line expectations and should open up some space for him to operate.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yep, small sample size but 5 goals in 14 games is still unusual for the type of game he plays. That's why I'd move him up a little.
Berg Joey Duchene
Kunin Gran Hook
Jeanott Haula Tolvanen
Olivier Sissons Trenin
I think that's a great opportunity for Jeanott and Tolvanen for different reason but I think it's where they belong in the lineup. Give Jeanott a shot with better talent. Takes some pressure off Tolvanen to perform with top line expectations and should open up some space for him to operate.
I like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad