Proposal: Preds-Oilers-Penguins Mega Deal

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Hmm... Idk
I feel like every team gets exactly what they need. Like EDM improves their D, goaltending and add a young middle six winger. Nashville get their high-end forward and replace Subban with Larsson and Saros with DeSmith who's been really good in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh adds a versatile forward that can do it all and have Jarry in the pipeline waiting for an opportunity.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Not taking into account value, this wrecks Edmonton's offensive depth even more then it already has been wrecked.

They'd have Draisaitl, McDavid and then who'd be the next best player, Simon? :laugh:

Reactions: The Nuge

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Not taking into account value, this wrecks Edmonton's offensive depth even more then it already has been wrecked.

They'd have Draisaitl, McDavid and then who'd be the next best player, Simon? :laugh:
Maybe, but they'd impove their D and goaltending. Free agency can certainly help them land a top 6 forward. Or they could make another trade.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Value wouldn't work otherwise.

Subban still has name recognition, if a team feels like Nashville must include Saros in a deal with Subban then they can make a deal with someone else. I'm sure a team like Florida would love to give him a shot at rebounding if only to put butts in seats, put him on Edmonton and he shores up their D and boosts their abysmal morale for cheap.

We have no reason to move Saros. He's off the table.

You'd do Subban for Larsson + Yamo? I'd much rather do that and not lose Nuge.

Is Larsson a no.4? Can Yamo be a top 6er? If so I'd say yes to it.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Subban still has name recognition, if a team feels like Nashville must include Saros in a deal with Subban then they can make a deal with someone else. I'm sure a team like Florida would love to give him a shot at rebounding if only to put butts in seats, put him on Edmonton and he shores up their D and boosts their abysmal morale for cheap.

We have no reason to move Saros. He's off the table.

Is Larsson a no.4? Can Yamo be a top 6er? If so I'd say yes to it.
Larsson is a #3 but he's struggled this year. Still a #4 though. He'd be great for Nashville where he wouldn't have to play the top matchups and too many minutes. Yamo definitely has top 6 potential.

Has Subban really been THAT bad this year? Seems like your selling him pretty cheap here...

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Larsson is a #3 but he's struggled this year. Still a #4 though. He'd be great for Nashville where he wouldn't have to play the top matchups and too many minutes. Yamo definitely has top 6 potential.

Has Subban really been THAT bad this year? Seems like your selling him pretty cheap here...

Subban has been fine. But with Ellis, ekholm, and Josi we don’t really need another stud dman. A solid 2nd pairing dman like larsson is when he isn’t being called upon to play above his level is good enough especially if fabbro can settle in quickly on the third pairing. We really need a up and coming top 6 potential forward. Yamamoto/McLeod/Puljujarvi type of players. Could also use a good lhd prospect but that’s of lesser importance. Plus there’s the some cap savings for Nashville making the granlund and Josi extensions easier

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Subban has been bad this year, maybe not as dreadful as some have said but he's wavered between top pairing defenseman and a $9m no.4 defenseman. In any case, there's still a major chance that he'd be the best defenseman Edmonton's had since Pronger and worst case scenario he raises the morale of the team.

The thing is though, Nashville doesn't need 4 defenseman who can be top pairing guys, if they can downgrade Subban or Ellis by just a bit while upgrading their prospect pool it'll be better for us in the long run.

Reactions: Tex76

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Subban has been fine. But with Ellis, ekholm, and Josi we don’t really need another stud dman. A solid 2nd pairing dman like larsson is when he isn’t being called upon to play above his level is good enough especially if fabbro can settle in quickly on the third pairing. We really need a up and coming top 6 potential forward. Yamamoto/McLeod/Puljujarvi type of players. Could also use a good lhd prospect but that’s of lesser importance. Plus there’s the some cap savings for Nashville making the granlund and Josi extensions easier
Makes sense. Larsson would be a great fit imo and Yamamoto would blossom in an org like yours where you can give him time needed to properly develop and ease him into the lineup when ready.

How long do you think Subban can keep going for at a high level? There's guys like Suter and Weber who are 34 ish and still going strong. Does Subban have that in him or is he gonna decline sharply once he hits 31/32?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Subban has been bad this year, maybe not as dreadful as some have said but he's wavered between top pairing defenseman and a $9m no.4 defenseman. In any case, there's still a major chance that he'd be the best defenseman Edmonton's had since Pronger and worst case scenario he raises the morale of the team.

The thing is though, Nashville doesn't need 4 defenseman who can be top pairing guys, if they can downgrade Subban or Ellis by just a bit while upgrading their prospect pool it'll be better for us in the long run.
How long do you think Subban can keep going for at a high level? There's guys like Suter and Weber who are 34 ish and still going strong. Does Subban have that in him or is he gonna decline sharply once he hits 31/32?

Also, any chance maybe a Larsson + Yamamoto for Ellis deal would be on the table instead? Ellis is a decent bit younger so I think I'd rather do that instead. Edit: just realized Ellis is only 1 and a half year younger but would something around him work? Just guaging value.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Subban scares me, honestly. He’s got a big fat cap hit for a lot of years left and he’s having a truly miserable year. Im not sure he’s got more value than RNH at the moment. 25 points in 58 games with rumblings about his conditioning... I don’t know.

I’m pretty meh on Simon as well, he’s just okay. I do like Saros though.

Cap hits are pretty much dead even so it doesn’t help us relieve any space either.

Basically saddles us with a forward group where Zack Kassian and Simon are battling it out for 3rd best forward, as well as basically ending McDavid and Draisaitl permanently because we’d be forced to have him as a full time 2C playing with whatever scrubs we could dig up.

RNH to Simon is a *huge* downgrade, much more so than Larsson to Subban is an upgrade. Does Saros make up for that... I’m not sure. I feel it doesn’t solve any problems, just shuffles the problems around while taking away our nuclear option.

Reactions: dejole and 780il

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Can't see Miss Vonn enjoying her recent retirement in Edmonton.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Lol they arent even engaged are they? Also Subby lost his NTC so he really doesnt have a say.

Don't know how serious they are but if they have long term plans, I wouldn't be surprised Subban pulls a Pronger on Oilers. Would you prefer to play with Vonn or Oilers? I know what I'd chose.

Vonn is looking toward Hollywood as her next challenge, wanting to get into the movie industry. She said actor Dwayne Johnson is serving as her mentor. Vonn said she has tagged along to a few movie sets to observe Johnson at work, and is thankful he has been generous with his time and answering her questions.

Emotional Lindsey Vonn Talks Post-Retirement Plans: Hollywood, Family And More

Last edited:
Reactions: Jared Dunn and A91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad