TSN: Preds listening to offers on Saros.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
So if McDavid had a down season on a team full of kids and older vets that means he could be had for extra cheap as well by your logic?
Saros has been nothing short of spectacular his whole career but now because of half a season of still respectable hockey on a bad team keeping them in contention and he’s not worth as much anymore?
Two 1st rounders, a top prospect and something else should be the ask. But in no way will you get that. But the ask should always be a lot higher than you know you can get. If someone offers a top prospect and a 1st you definitely take it but you might not get that either so you might have to settle for a top prospect a 2nd or a good prospect.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Saros is not McDavid. He's maybe a top 5 goalie and not this year. I get you like your player and he does have value, he is good. Mcdavid will be top 5 ever if he stays healthy. Saros won't make the hall if he stays with Nashville.
Ok lol. I merely used him as an example. Let’s say Mackinnon or kucherov. Not McDavid. Jeeesh

Oh so ignore stats and pay a boatload off a hunch?
Ignore stats? A hunch??

You sound silly here my friend. There is no hunch. It’s stats that are the proof in the pudding. Go look at his stats for the last 5 years then come back and apologize to that man.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
thats just starting high in a negotiation. preds will get a 1st and a decent prospect for sure for saros but they wont get 2 1st, top prospect and something else with it. there is a lot of demand for goalies right now so the preds have a lot of leverage.
I agree if we can get teams like Carolina, L.a, Toronto, New Jersey and maybe even buffalo in a bidding war you can probably get a 1st and a top prospect from a desperate enough team

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I agree if we can get teams like Carolina, L.a, Toronto, New Jersey and maybe even buffalo in a bidding war you can probably get a 1st and a top prospect from a desperate enough team
Doubt LA is interested after last night.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Saros is not McDavid. He's maybe a top 5 goalie and not this year. I get you like your player and he does have value, he is good. Mcdavid will be top 5 ever if he stays healthy. Saros won't make the hall if he stays with Nashville.
All star goalie isnt getting that when he is playing lights out.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Skinner has been better for like 20 minutes lol
And in the world of voodoo goaltending. You take those 20 minutes and run with it.

You know like how the Avs did with Francouz. And how the Knights did with Hill. Both on way to a Cup.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Blake kicked the tires on Saros last season. The ask was over the top to the point Blake went in a different direction and completed the trade and resigning of Dubois. He was comfortable going with bridge goaltenders for this year. The notion of the Kings being in on a Saros trade he’s sailed.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ok lol. I merely used him as an example. Let’s say Mackinnon or kucherov. Not McDavid. Jeeesh

Ignore stats? A hunch??

You sound silly here my friend. There is no hunch. It’s stats that are the proof in the pudding. Go look at his stats for the last 5 years then come back and apologize to that man.

Go look at his stats this year and tell me if any Cup contender is going to be confident in that.

That’s all that matters in the world of voodoo goaltending. Performances go up and down like a roller coaster in hockeys most volatile position. You ride the hot hand, not the cold fish.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
And in the world of voodoo goaltending. You take those 20 minutes and run with it.

You know like how the Avs did with Francouz. And how the Knights did with Hill. Both on way to a Cup.
Ok let’s hope he can improve his playoff 3.6 GAA and .883 %

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I mean I shouldn't be surprised to see how people here value saros, considering how people here valued Hellebuyck last summer. A 1st and avg prospect price won't cut it here, and they won't move him if that's the case.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ok let’s hope he can improve his playoff 3.6 GAA and .883 %
It’ll improve like his performance this year due to coaching change.

Goalie performances will always be directly related to and connected to team defence performances. No other way of viewing the position other than that. Not in today’s league. I’m not surprised Saros was elite behind the almost always elite Preds D core. I’m not surprised his performance tanked now that their D core is regressing. I’m also not surprised Helly went from a .910 goalie Pre-Bowness, to a .920 in Bowness’s first year, and now a .924 on Bowness’s 2nd year. I’m also not surprised Boston has two “elite” goalies behind that always good Team defence.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
It’ll improve like his performance this year due to coaching change.

Goalie performances will always be directly related to and connected to team defence performances. No other way of viewing the position other than that. Not in today’s league. I’m not surprised Saros was elite behind the almost always elite Preds D core. I’m not surprised his performance tanked now that their D core is regressing. I’m also not surprised Helly went from a .910 goalie Pre-Bowness, to a .920 in Bowness’s first year, and now a .924 on Bowness’s 2nd year. I’m also not surprised Boston has two “elite” goalies behind that always good Team defence.
You are for sure correct I just hope he holds up

Oilers goaltending has a habit of absolutely falling apart, I’m not convinced by Skinners recent improvement that he will continue at this level

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You are for sure correct I just hope he holds up

Oilers goaltending has a habit of absolutely falling apart, I’m not convinced by Skinners recent improvement that he will continue at this level

It’s the Oilers defence that has a habit of completely tanking. Keep in mind we went into the playoffs once with a red hot .923 Mike Smith. The defence once scouted got exposed. There’s a problem when the talentless Flames put up 9 on you in one game. Woodcroft is a good coach, but he had a system that got exposed over and over. And when tasked to change that system, he wasn’t able to, which lead to his firing.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
A lot of y’all don’t understand how negotiations work it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad