Proposal: Preds - Leafs

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
60 points is elite player numbers?
What does that make Pastrnak?
The guy who plays on a line with Marchand and Bergeron? I wonder what Nylander could put up with them too. And before you say he plays with Matthews, Bergeron + Marchand > Matthews and Hyman

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I think the difference between Gardiner and Zaitsev is a wide margin. And if we're to lose subban we would need him replaced with a rhd which is Zaitsev. And I don't think the 1st helps Nashville because we're in win now mode. So hypothetically if we were to trade subban I would want more offense. I like nylander and I think he's a stud and will only grow and get better but I would want another able body with forward help if our defense is taking that much of a hit.
So Nylander, Zaitsev and Kadri for Subban and bonino would be my counter. I know this isn't going to happen but hypothetically this would be my counter ;)
Kadri or Nylander, Nylander has more value but Kadri is an elite 2C on a sweet contract that is also our shutdown C.

Nylander + Zaitsev + Kapanen/Leivo?

Leivo imo just needs consistent playing time that he won't get here, he's a top 9 forward IMO.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
As a Leaf fan I will say No thank you. Too many assets to give up for Subban and after removing the current roster players being dealt and only adding PK, team wouldn’t be better just different.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Kadri or Nylander, Nylander has more value but Kadri is an elite 2C on a sweet contract that is also our shutdown C.

Nylander + Zaitsev + Kapanen/Leivo?

Leivo imo just needs consistent playing time that he won't get here, he's a top 9 forward IMO.
I wouldn't get rid of Nylander and kapanen. Kapanen would be my Nylander replacement. Bonino is a good shut down center ;)

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I wouldn't get rid of Nylander and kapanen. Kapanen would be my Nylander replacement. Bonino is a good shut down center ;)
Meh the strength of this team is going to be Tavares-Matthews-Kadri down the middle, with 2 elite wingers riding shot gun to Tavares and Matthews' Don't really wanna break up that strength lol it's the best 1-2-3 in the league

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Nylander + Zaitsev/Gardiner + 2019 1st for Subban

Even? What needs to be changed?

Normally HF trades are a poo-poo platter of Leafs shit. This... I'm kinda iffy about.

Nylander: 82 games, 20 goals, 41 assists, 61 points. I would put him on the Preds 3rd line RW. It would be a line of:

Tolvanen-Jarnkrok-Nylander

That's a damn sexy line. Zaitsev fills the RHD spot on 2nd pairing. The Preds could always use a pick. The pipeline is getting dry and if Fabbro signs mid-season, then it could be considered Dust Bowl level dry. Trading Subban to Toronto would cause 2 things; 1) solves the Preds expansion draft problem of one too many defensemen. The Preds COULD make a trade with Seattle or a backroom deal to not sign Josi till after the expansion draft but, I'm not comfortable about that. 2) Putting a personality like Subban in Toronto is a League changer. Not a game changer, a league changer. Subban with the media drive of Toronto and he'll be the first player/mayor in 2 seasons. Also would make signing Ellis a no brainer.

For the Preds (beginning of the season):

JOFA
Fiala-Turris-Smith

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Zaitsev
Hamhuis-Y. Weber
Irwin

At the end of the college season:

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Hamhuis-Zaitsev

Cash wise, Zaitsev's contract is a oof. but is 50% of Subban's. Nylander's contract is RFA. Long term, Preds eat more term and contract. Subban's contract only has 4 years, Zaitsev, 6. The 'cost' is a bit countered by a cost controlled Nylander. Nylander will most likely cause Craig Smith to leave in 2 years.

As for Toronto, they get the big name RHD. It will not crush them prospect wise. Also, might take some shine off Matthews and Tavares. I'm 50/50 on this. Either way, let's just meet in the cup finals and call it a day. I'm leaning no.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Normally HF trades are a poo-poo platter of Leafs ****. This... I'm kinda iffy about.

Nylander: 82 games, 20 goals, 41 assists, 61 points. I would put him on the Preds 3rd line RW. It would be a line of:

That's a damn sexy line. Zaitsev fills the RHD spot on 2nd pairing. The Preds could always use a pick. The pipeline is getting dry and if Fabbro signs mid-season, then it could be considered Dust Bowl level dry. Trading Subban to Toronto would cause 2 things; 1) solves the Preds expansion draft problem of one too many defensemen. The Preds COULD make a trade with Seattle or a backroom deal to not sign Josi till after the expansion draft but, I'm not comfortable about that. 2) Putting a personality like Subban in Toronto is a League changer. Not a game changer, a league changer. Subban with the media drive of Toronto and he'll be the first player/mayor in 2 seasons. Also would make signing Ellis a no brainer.

JOFA
Fiala-Turris-Smith

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Zaitsev
Hamhuis-Y. Weber
Irwin

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Hamhuis-Zaitsev

Cash wise, Zaitsev's contract is a oof. but is 50% of Subban's. Nylander's contract is RFA. Long term, Preds eat more term and contract. Subban's contract only has 4 years, Zaitsev, 6. The 'cost' is a bit countered by a cost controlled Nylander. Nylander will most likely cause Craig Smith to leave in 2 years.

As for Toronto, they get the big name RHD. It will not crush them prospect wise. Also, might take some shine off Matthews and Tavares. I'm 50/50 on this. Either way, let's just meet in the cup finals and call it a day. I'm leaning no.
No way Smith would play in front of Nylander if this happened. I would be half tempted to put Nylander at center. Do an all Swede line. Forsberg Nylander arvi line :)

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Normally HF trades are a poo-poo platter of Leafs ****. This... I'm kinda iffy about.

JOFA
Fiala-Turris-Smith

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Zaitsev
Hamhuis-Y. Weber
Irwin

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Hamhuis-Zaitsev

Losing Nylander would suck but Subban would fix our right side just by him alone.

Rielly-Subban
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Liljegren

That would be perfect and the Leafs would still have Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Kadri up front.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah I don't see that happening, Smith would be dropped to the 3rd, but Nylander would not be our 1C lol
I think in a year or so he would be. But that's just my take. I still think nylander should be centering his own line. He looked a lot more dangerous himself when he was centering colin freakin' greening haha. Don't think we will ever find out on the leafs though and I get why other teams simply don't want to take that risk when giving up the quality of someone like subban.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think in a year or so he would be. But that's just my take. I still think nylander should be centering his own line. He looked a lot more dangerous himself when he was centering colin freakin' greening haha. Don't think we will ever find out on the leafs though and I get why other teams simply don't want to take that risk when giving up the quality of someone like subban.
I doubt it, I think he is gonna just be a solid winger personally, at least on a team with decent centers anyways.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I doubt it, I think he is gonna just be a solid winger personally, at least on a team with decent centers anyways.
Fair enough and to each their own. I just wish we got a chance to at least see you know?

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Nylander would go along way in helping with our biggest need in my opinion RW Depth. Not sure if Nylander + Zaitsev + 1st would make me move Subban. I would rather move Ellis and keep big three defenseman together and add help up front.

To address a Subban trade I would want Liljigren in my return.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Just try to trade for Josi or if you want a RD, Ellis. That's really what you have the assets available to look at. Ellis is your man.
I'd love to see an Ellis+ for Nylander. The last 2 years I've had Nylander on my fantasy team and became a huge fan of him. I'd love to see him in gold (yellow) ;)

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Do you realize that Subban then becomes off the table?
Judging off what what the Habs dealt him for the Preds might view Nylander highly. There isn't much separation between him and Marner, only 8 point difference in their career so far.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'd love to see an Ellis+ for Nylander. The last 2 years I've had Nylander on my fantasy team and became a huge fan of him. I'd love to see him in gold (yellow) ;)
Well I would still like to see what Tolvanen does (another wing might be useless to us) and what Ellis signs for first, but at least to me that's where the conversation should start. There's no sense in talking about Subban at this point. Especially if some fans of other teams think he's not even as good as Ellis or Josi anyway! :) Leaf fans can't seem to agree with eachother, but they aren't touching Subban regardless. Probably they aren't getting Ellis either, but at least I could see where that started to at least hypothetically make a little more sense for the Preds, possibly. With Subban, it's just a thread of Leafs fans arguing amongst themselves. With Ellis, at least there might be a chance for it to sneak out of the echo chamber. Although that thread already happened a few times too. More likely just "no fit", period.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Well I would still like to see what Tolvanen does (another wing might be useless to us) and what Ellis signs for first, but at least to me that's where the conversation should start. There's no sense in talking about Subban at this point. Especially if some fans of other teams think he's not even as good as Ellis or Josi anyway! :) Leaf fans can't seem to agree with eachother, but they aren't touching Subban regardless. Probably they aren't getting Ellis either, but at least I could see where that started to at least hypothetically make a little more sense for the Preds, possibly. With Subban, it's just a thread of Leafs fans arguing amongst themselves. With Ellis, at least there might be a chance for it to sneak out of the echo chamber. Although that thread already happened a few times too. More likely just "no fit", period.
A 60 point 22 year old winger/center would never be useless. It doesn't matter what tolvenen does. If Nashville could get a player like nylander for Ellis plus they should do it real quick. I'd do it even with an good extension

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
A 60 point 22 year old winger/center would never be useless. It doesn't matter what tolvenen does. If Nashville could get a player like nylander for Ellis plus they should do it real quick. I'd do it even with an good extension
Oh definitely never "useless"... I shouldn't have said "useless"... just not enough of an upgrade to warrant breaking up the top-4 D for. Good catch!

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Oh definitely never "useless"... I shouldn't have said "useless"... just not enough of an upgrade to warrant breaking up the top-4 D for. Good catch!
I get not wanting to break up the top 4 but I guess I'm on the side of the fence that thinks that breaking them up might be inevitable. And I think Ellis would be the one I'd move the most. Why not do it now and bring in a young winger?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I get not wanting to break up the top 4 but I guess I'm on the side of the fence that thinks that breaking them up might be inevitable. And I think Ellis would be the one I'd move the most. Why not do it now and bring in a young winger?
Now... next year if Ellis doesn't extend and goes UFA... the year after if Seattle expansion occurs... if it's not literally "inevitable", it does at least seem highly likely that it's going to come. Even with Hamhuis I'm not confident in our D today without Ellis. But who knows. In two years, maybe Fabbro willl have stepped up. But who knows. I can see the value in the debate, anyway! I'd end up standing pat today. But that could turn out to be the wrong decision, for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad