Proposal: Preds - Leafs

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
Ok, since we are making rules for each other. You don't post in threads that aren't Leafs related. Deal?

BTW, you realize I can't tell what team made the offer unless I go in the thread, right?

I’ll easily make that deal.

I really couldn’t give a **** about any other team.

Check my post history and see.

I don’t care who is trying to fleece who if it isn’t Leaf related.

You on the other hand, seem very attracted to Leaf threads.... why?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Perhaps I should have green-fonted that one.

There's a reason I bolded the part of having a better GA than the champs and the defacto No 1 contender.
Not sure what your point is.
Having a better GA than Wash and Tampa just points to a very simple truth. While a RHD is a positional need for the leafs, it isn't a team need. The defense is more than made up by great defending forwards.
Saying that the Leafs can't win without a better D is an empty claim because they have and have done so with less goals allowed than some of the top teams. Not sure why this is difficult for people to accept

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Sure. A couple that may make outrageous claims. But we arent posting multiple threads every day trying to move "our future 1C" for every top pairing right handed d man.
Majority of the proposals come from a specific subset of posters that are repeat offenders. You'll see most fans saying 1) RHDs will cost us too much and 2) We just want to keep our offense. If everyone thinks we can't win with our defense so be it. But leafs fans certainly don't think that.

Not sure what your point is.
Having a better GA than Wash and Tampa just points to a very simple truth. While a RHD is a positional need for the leafs, it isn't a team need. The defense is more than made up by great defending forwards.
Saying that the Leafs can't win without a better D is an empty claim because they have and have done so with less goals allowed than some of the top teams. Not sure why this is difficult for people to accept

Green Font = Sarcasm

My pointing out of TB and Wash having a poorer GA than the Leafs, hence the Leafs D being garbage, was sarcasm.

I'm on your side bud.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Nylander has scored 60 points in consecutive seasons. That's good. But you are comparing that to a Norris Trophy winning defenseman. It's funny when the teams that have #1 defensemen, the price is super high, but when it is the team trying to acquire them, they are only willing to offer their 5th best asset. It's ridiculous. Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Rielly are off the table? Then we are talking about scraps. And its even more laughable considering Subban is WAY BETTER than Morgan Rielly. Get a clue.
Get a clue? Go f*** yourself. I never said it was a good trade and I never made a trade suggestion. And again, it isn’t scraps. I guess Ryan Ellis is scraps to.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I'll be honest. I'm utterly terrified to see what happens if the leafs can round out their blue line. I think Andersen is terribly underrated (despite a few bad key games). I think the D is passable today, but it's not going to win you any games, if that makes sense.

Yup, makes total sense. I agree.
I think it needs to be decent at preventing passes in the slot, and then getting rebounds onto the sticks of the forward group.

Can't wait to see how it plays out. My wife says I'm wishing the summer away lol

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I think the difference between Gardiner and Zaitsev is a wide margin. And if we're to lose subban we would need him replaced with a rhd which is Zaitsev. And I don't think the 1st helps Nashville because we're in win now mode. So hypothetically if we were to trade subban I would want more offense. I like nylander and I think he's a stud and will only grow and get better but I would want another able body with forward help if our defense is taking that much of a hit.
So Nylander, Zaitsev and Kadri for Subban and bonino would be my counter. I know this isn't going to happen but hypothetically this would be my counter ;)

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Sure. A couple that may make outrageous claims. But we arent posting multiple threads every day trying to move "our future 1C" for every top pairing right handed d man.

That's because there are only a few of you, maybe grow a real fanbase one day and you'll start seeing it more often. Until then, posters like you hit above your weight in the trolling department, so you alone are worth about four fans worth of shitty trade proposals, congrats.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That's because there are only a few of you, maybe grow a real fanbase one day and you'll start seeing it more often. Until then, posters like you hit above your weight in the trolling department, so you alone are worth about four fans worth of ****ty trade proposals, congrats.

Lol. There's that elitist attitude I was looking for. Good going buddy.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Get a clue? Go **** yourself. I never said it was a good trade and I never made a trade suggestion. And again, it isn’t scraps. I guess Ryan Ellis is scraps to.
Ryan Ellis is probably closer in value to Nylander than Subban is.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
There's 8 points separating Marner and Nylander...lol And Nylander takes faceoffs as well and is above 50% on them.
And Marner is a year younger.

Nylander is a fine young player. He's not elite.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
And Marner is a year younger.

Nylander is a fine young player. He's not elite.

You are not wrong........right now. I have a feeling that opinion may change lol he has all the tools.

But having the skill to be elite, and putting them all together are two different things.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
You are not wrong........right now. I have a feeling that opinion may change lol he has all the tools.

But having the skill to be elite, and putting them all together are two different things.

To me, elite is top 5 at your position, and I think there are just too many young studs like Laine, Pasta, Marner, Hischer etc... for Nylander to get there. I could see him putting up 80-85 points, which is damn good, just not elite IMO.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
To me, elite is top 5 at your position, and I think there are just too many young studs like Laine, Pasta, Marner, Hischer etc... for Nylander to get there. I could see him putting up 80-85 points, which is damn good, just not elite IMO.

That's fair, I can see your point.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
See Tavares at 20-21.
Tavares put up 81 points at 21 on a tire fire of a team. He was the leading scorer by 12 points.

Oh, and by the way, I’m not sure I consider Tavares elite if your definition of elite is top 5 at your position / top 25 player.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Ryan Ellis is probably closer in value to Nylander than Subban is.

Ellis has 1 year left on his deal and no Leaf fan would want to move Nylander for him. I wouldn't trade Nylander for Trouba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad