GDT: Preds @ Jets • Sat Mar 23rd, 6PM • Bell MTS Centre • Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
I agree this game is important -
It's also going to be very hard hitting, tight checking and potentially a grind - especially on the bottom 6.
I have no issue with giving Hendricks a few minutes tonight

Totally agree this is the type of game you need Hendy in the lineup for. He won’t hurt us in a bottom six role. Like others have said Roslovic hasn’t really done much with his opportunity

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
E
I guess that whole thing about wanting to get Hendricks a game before the playoffs was BS. Arguably the most important game of the year and you put this bum in the lineup. Nashville isn’t good right now but this isn’t the Kings. You can’t purposefully field an inferior lineup and expect better results.

Except that Hendricks brings more value to this game than Roslovic does. Rosie is not playing well (all year really except for a few games). Perhaps some of this value is lighting a fire under his vastly under-performing a$$. He is veering towards a Petan trajectory.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought @PhilJets signed up for today's GDT? :huh:

Regardless, all I want are 2 things today...

#1) a unclenchworthy clinching win by our boys...

#2) no Garry Galley...

nogarrygalley-jpg.200005
Oh damn I forgot. Guess I'm watching the Nashville feed tonight.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
E

Except that Hendricks brings more value to this game than Roslovic does. Rosie is not playing well (all year really except for a few games). Perhaps some of this value is lighting a fire under his vastly under-performing a$$. He is veering towards a Petan trajectory.
I get wanting to sit Roslovic, even though he is still better than Hendricks despite his struggles, but there’s really no reason to not throw Appleton in there as a replacement. It’s so strange to me that Roslovic’s stagnant season means that Hendricks is a better option. It’s been made painfully clear over the past number of seasons that Hendricks is an absolute bottom tier NHL player. Even if he is struggling relative to expectations, Roslovic is a far better option. And absolutely worst of all, Maurice is clearly comfortable inserting Hendricks in as the extra forward, as most of us expected he would be and going into the playoffs that is EXTREMELY dangerous.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
I get wanting to sit Roslovic, even though he is still better than Hendricks despite his struggles, but there’s really no reason to not throw Appleton in there as a replacement. It’s so strange to me that Roslovic’s stagnant season means that Hendricks is a better option. It’s been made painfully clear over the past number of seasons that Hendricks is an absolute bottom tier NHL player. Even if he is struggling relative to expectations, Roslovic is a far better option. And absolutely worst of all, Maurice is clearly comfortable inserting Hendricks in as the extra forward, as most of us expected he would be and going into the playoffs that is EXTREMELY dangerous.

I think we are mostly on the same page. We both agree that Rosie is a vastly greater player 1 on 1. I do think there is value with putting Hendricks in for Rosie against the dirty preds and hopefully light a fire under Roslovic. Agree that Apple is better than Hendricks, and potentially Rosie as well - but he is playing big minutes trying to lead the Moose team to a playoff spot. Likely more value for Appleton's development where he is. For one game here or there, I am just fine with Hendricks getting in for Rosie or Perrault.

Reactions: AKAChip

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I think we are mostly on the same page. We both agree that Rosie is a vastly greater player 1 on 1. I do think there is value with putting Hendricks in for Rosie against the dirty preds and hopefully light a fire under Roslovic. Agree that Apple is better than Hendricks, and potentially Rosie as well - but he is playing big minutes trying to lead the Moose team to a playoff spot. Likely more value for Appleton's development where he is. For one game here or there, I am just fine with Hendricks getting in for Rosie or Perrault.
I can agree to most of this but we all know the more Maurice puts Hendricks in the lineup, the more comfortable he will be to do it more often. Before we know it, the guy is a regular. It’s a scary thought.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yeah I'd throw Hendricks in tonight as well (throws up in mouth).

We need to start softening up the Preds for the post season. Hendricks really doesn't do that per se but I think he can get the boys in the right mindset on the ice/ bench.

I keep hoping to see more out of Jack - just a forgettable season for him.

Reactions: sipowicz

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

We have limited call ups now. Appleton is with the Moose.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Totally agree this is the type of game you need Hendy in the lineup for. He won’t hurt us in a bottom six role. Like others have said Roslovic hasn’t really done much with his opportunity
Except he does hurt in a bottom six role. Why is there a sentiment that he doesn’t hurt the team despite only playing limited minutes? Any minutes a bad player is on the ice for is a detriment to the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky10

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
We have limited call ups now. Appleton is with the Moose.
A big part of my frustration is there was nothing wrong with Appleton’s game when he was up and replacing him with Hendricks was a miscalculation. I like that he’s playing top minutes with the Moose but Hendricks is getting dangerously close to becoming a regular.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Only cuz you asked for it...

h7273B98F

EDIT: sorry @chaos4, I didn't see your post until after I posted...

When I was his age I was hooking up with girls, but, everyone has different priorities in life! :laugh:

I'm looking for an angry Jets team tonight to come in and wipe out the Mustard Kitties.

Go! :jets Go!

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Yeah I'd throw Hendricks in tonight as well (throws up in mouth).

We need to start softening up the Preds for the post season. Hendricks really doesn't do that per se but I think he can get the boys in the right mindset on the ice/ bench.

I keep hoping to see more out of Jack - just a forgettable season for him.

Yeah, unfortunately Roslovic really hasn’t done much this year. Hasn’t taken a step forward from last year, not even close to being a top 6 forward let alone that 2C we all predict(ed) him to become. That stint on the 2nd line when Ehlers was injured was overall bad.
Hopefully he picks it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad