GDT: Preds @ Jets • Tue Mar 8, 7PM [No tank talk in GDT please]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I really don't understand blaming the refs for pretty much everything.

I try to see what the evidence suggests and the evidence would lead me to believe the jets PK is quite poor.

Preds were short handed 5 minutes straight... no goals allowed.

The refs may make some bad calls but they don't make your team immediately fall apart.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If he flew 8 feet and broke his neck would that be OK?

If he was 12 feet away and flew 14 feet and broke his neck would it still matter? At what point do you draw the line?
Don't want to fly into the boards on a clean hit? Don't play ****ing hockey.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Good teams can kill penalties to be fair though.

Yeah, but to be fair to the Jets didn't Beyak say earlier in the game something about not wanting to jinx the Jets PP; having killed off penalties in three straight games:laugh:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I really don't understand blaming the refs for pretty much everything.

I try to see what the evidence suggests and the evidence would lead me to believe the jets PK is quite poor.

Preds were short handed 5 minutes straight... no goals allowed.

The refs may make some bad calls but they don't make your team immediately fall apart.

It can be very deflating when it happens often. they may be professional athletes but they are also humans.

Edit: Not trying to make excuses for the poor PK. But it has an effect.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well pp looks better with Scheifele on the HB holding the puck. Go figure. But let's usually keep him sitting in front of the net. Just garbage coaching.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
That was my point. Doesn't matter what the reason the penalty is, good teams can overcome adversity.

Good teams shouldn't have to overcome idiotic bs calls by bad referees.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If he was 12 feet away and flew 14 feet and broke his neck would it still matter? At what point do you draw the line?
Don't want to fly into the boards on a clean hit? Don't play ****ing hockey.

I understand. I didn't call the penalty. I'm just defending the ref. He doesn't want the game to get out of hand. Only Buff could send him 14 feet.

Derfel*

If he flew 8 feet and broke his neck would that be OK?

What if one of the speakers from the scoreboard fell from the force of the hit and crushed an 8-year old girl to death after it bounced off Byfuglien's shoulders? HOW WOULD YOU FEEL

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
It can be very deflating when it happens often. they may be professional athletes but they are also humans.

Edit: Not trying to make excuses for the poor PK. But it has an effect.

It is also deflating when you know you have little chance of winning the game when you look at your lineup

Derfel*

Goal!

jLUrkRv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad