GDT: Preds @ Jets • Tue Mar 8, 7PM [No tank talk in GDT please]

Status
Not open for further replies.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
5on5 play doesn't translate into PP. The pk team plays completely differently.

Of course, but I mean, it's still hockey. If you can be effective at 5v5 it stands to reason you should be at an advantage with a man ...advantage

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
That will satisfy the NHL powers that be.

Job well done refs.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That goal is on Buff why the hell are you going down low when two players are already on him leaving two guys alone out front...

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Pavelec having a good night tonight but man he is brutal at tracking the puck sometimes

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
MAYBE boarding. But interference is when a player is hit without making contact with the puck or making it so they can't get the puck. He passed it away milliseconds before the hit.

Not interference. Not even close.

When I saw the ref's arm go up, I thought it might be roughing, which would have been ludicrous enough. Body checking is legal, right?

Interference. Crazy. Just have a GameMaster roll a d20 on a penalty chart 5 times period for each team, it'd at least be more transparent.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Of course, but I mean, it's still hockey. If you can be effective at 5v5 it stands to reason you should be at an advantage with a man ...advantage

The other team can freely ice shorthanded where they can't in 5v5. Is it possible that this is the hangup? Like they just don't know how to compensate for this?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
MAYBE boarding. But interference is when a player is hit without making contact with the puck or making it so they can't get the puck. He passed it away milliseconds before the hit.

Never mind he was about 6 feet from the boards though.....details.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

I agree. It's not interference and I would tell players to not have their body in such a vulnerable position. It's not pee-wee hockey and when it gets rough **** happens.
Call it an NFL penalty for a hit on a vulnerable player.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
What does the rule book say in terms of how hard you can hit? Do guys have to start letting up on body checks? Or just stop working out so they aren't so strong?

That would be sweet. Maybe I could still make the bigs!

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Pretty sure the ref was blocked out by pavs and didn't know Forsberg had the puck is my guess. Only way he blows that call so bad.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
The other team can freely ice shorthanded where they can't in 5v5. Is it possible that this is the hangup? Like they just don't know how to compensate for this?

By they, you mean Pascal Vincent? I'd bet good money you're right.

Oh great pp coming. Now we're screwed for sure.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
True. But how many times this year have we given up a PP goal on THE bad call in a game but all the good calls we killed off? Like, how the hell does that keep happening? :laugh:

I think we just notice those ones more if the penalty was BS.

Probably more equal than it seems? I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad