Rumor: Preds interested in Gaudette

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
A) what do you think we would be getting for Gaudette

B) we absolutely need defensive forwards, in any part of the line-up

A defensive third C is a bigger need than a defensemen at this point.

Agreed. Canuck's biggest need is a 3C that is responsible defensively, and most importantly, doesn't get caved in possession-wise.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
What about something around Tolvanen?

Tolvanen's been really good, we just have the world's dumbest coach who benched after his best game for Sean "who" Malone and Michael "who?" McCarron.

You’d swap trenin for Gaudette? I’d probably do it from the Canucks pov

No, I'd want to see what he can do with an actual chance.

If we're going after Gaudette the only thing that makes sense is more interchangeable bottom six guys coming back. Think Jarnkrok or Cousins not Tolvanen or Fabbro.

Reactions: herzausstein

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
For the love of god, the Canucks don’t need more 3/4th liners

Disagree. They don't need more 4th liners (they have like, 7), but they definitely need guys that can play ~12 minutes facing some tougher offense. Good teams are 3 lines deep.

Jarnkok would be a fine 3C at a reasonable cap hit - huge upgrade on Sutter.

Not sure why the appetite to trade Gaudette is now, when his value is at its lowest though. Given his weird dietary issues being recently resolved, and finally realizing his future is on the wing, I'd give him a few more months (at least let the new GM make this decision).

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Preds fans your GM chose the wrong coach. The sooner he’s gone the better. Don’t give up on good players at this point.

This core was terrible for our last coach by the end too. Despite being in their primes, the entire core is complacent and underwhelming and no amount of new coaches or systems is gonna change that. I don't know if they've all gotten too comfortable or secure cause Poile is a shell of himself now but whatever it is, they need to be split up if they want to rejuvenate their careers on different teams.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is NSH thinking, " Oh, we need more underwhelming Centers to fill out our lineup!" ?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Is NSH thinking, " Oh, we need more underwhelming Centers to fill out our lineup!" ?

Poile probably is. Fans are just hoping somebody can dangle a shiny trinket in front of Poile and keep him distracted long enough that Gaudette can be traded to any other team.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can't believe how mediocre NSH is, with the lineup they have. I am so used to them having such a solid, good team, at the very least. It seems like the heart has been cut out of them.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I Fabbro still an untouchable savior of your future defense, or could he be available in a bigger deal?

Something like Gaudette and MDP?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Tolvanen's been really good, we just have the world's dumbest coach who benched after his best game for Sean "who" Malone and Michael "who?" McCarron.

No, I'd want to see what he can do with an actual chance.

If we're going after Gaudette the only thing that makes sense is more interchangeable bottom six guys coming back. Think Jarnkrok or Cousins not Tolvanen or Fabbro.
Then theres no deal to be made. We aren't moving Gaudette for an older polished version of what he already is. We'd be swapping him for a similarly aged player which is what Trenin is or a pick.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Reactions: HockeyWooot

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Then theres no deal to be made. We aren't moving Gaudette for an older polished version of what he already is. We'd be swapping him for a similarly aged player which is what Trenin is or a pick.

I hope so. We really have no reason to bring in yet another Gaudette type player again.

I really want to see what Trenin can do with an actual competent coach.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Fabbro is too high an ask straight up. So, I will ask Nashville fans what the Predators Expansion Draft protection would like like right now since they have Jossi, Ellis, Ekholm, Fabbro on D who are eligible. Would Nashville go 4/4/1?

How much more of an add would be required?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think Fabbro is too high an ask straight up. So, I will ask Nashville fans what the Predators Expansion Draft protection would like like right now since they have Jossi, Ellis, Ekholm, Fabbro on D who are eligible. Would Nashville go 4/4/1?

How much more of an add would be required?

We don't have enough players playing well enough to worry about expansion. I feel like we're more likely to put Duchene and Johansen out as bait for Seattle and go 4/4, but I'm also expecting Ellis and/or Ekholm to be gone if we keep it up.

Add required for who?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad