Rumor: Preds interested in Gaudette

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, not anyone. But for a young mini-reclamation attempt player like Gaudette, I'd give up... well a spare part forward of our own. So like Erik Haula, or Calle Jarnkrok, Brad Richardson, Nick Cousins, somebody in that region of our roster. Somebody who isn't a bad player, but also isn't really significant to us. We don't have a recent track record of players coming here and sorting themselves out, so I doubt we'd have high hopes attached to Gaudette either.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, not anyone. But for a young mini-reclamation attempt player like Gaudette, I'd give up... well a spare part forward of our own. So like Erik Haula, or Calle Jarnkrok, Brad Richardson, Nick Cousins, somebody in that region of our roster. Somebody who isn't a bad player, but also isn't really significant to us. We don't have a recent track record of players coming here and sorting themselves out, so I doubt we'd have high hopes attached to Gaudette either.
Jarnkrok would be perfect for the Canucks - low cap hit player that can play as a defensively responsible 3C.

Reactions: Christina Woloski

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
For the love of god, the Canucks don’t need more 3/4th liners
That's actually legitimately what the Canucks DO need. They need better coaching, a top 4 defenceman, and a completely revamped bottom 6. Given the flat cap and Green's expiring contract, coaching and bottom 6 are two areas that the Canucks can quickly revamp, but they need a solid 3C to build around.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I mean, sure, but you're giving up a player with 2 points in 12 games playing 9.5 minutes per night. What are you expecting?
Well sure, no one on the Canucks is off to a great start. Even the ppg players (Miller EP Hughes) haven’t played well at all.
I think like most trades, you’re acquiring what has been or what could be. Gaudette was really good last year in limited time.
He also solved some stomach issue recently that was keeping him from gaining weight. I’m a little nervous he could burn the Canucks.

I would like either a pick or a prospect but certainly no one older.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
That's actually legitimately what the Canucks DO need. They need better coaching, a top 4 defenceman, and a completely revamped bottom 6. Given the flat cap and Green's expiring contract, coaching and bottom 6 are two areas that the Canucks can quickly revamp, but they need a solid 3C to build around.
For sure revamping but you have a ton of money invested in guys with term who you can’t trade. Great idea in theory but unless you can unload a Beagle, Roussel, Sutter, Ferland, Eriksson etc.... you aren’t revamping it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
You’d swap trenin for Gaudette? I’d probably do it from the Canucks pov
I wouldn't give up Trenin for Gaudette, but I'm inordinately fond of Trenin... we need a tank like that in the lineup IMHO. It would be a blessing for him to go somewhere else, though, since it seems like our team just wants him to be the next Austin Watson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->