GDT: Preds @ Flames 8:00 - Battle for the 5th pick and Hook starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well Hutton only let one goal in so I'm okay w/ him letting one softie in. He made some great saves at the end though.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The ref was well out of position and I still haven't seen a definitive angle that shows the puck did cross the net. As the announcement said ... the ruling stands ... not confirmed.

Funny how the Hutton softie talk pops up so quick yet when Rinne is getting lit up the comments don't show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Hutton imo has gotten better and better ever since it looked like Dubs was going to take his spot. I have more confidence in Hutton now than at the beginning of the season when I thought he was horrible. He has really improved alot.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It's hard to gauge with how poor our goaltending has been this season, but for as good as our defense has been on the offensive end...ugh on the other end.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Not sure why you say that... There are a bunch of comments dogging Rinne

The last game featured "Yikes Pekka." Nothing during the Blues game. Congratulations on redefining "a bunch".

Hutton (possibly) lets in a goal and the comments cascade. Never mind that the situation room viewed it as :
At 17:36 of the third period in the Nashville Predators/Calgary Flames game, the Situation Room initiated video review to further examine a play at the Nashville net. The referee informed the Situation Room that Mike Cammalleri's shot completely crossed the goal line. Video review was inconclusive in determining whether the puck had completely crossed the goal line, therefore the referee's call on the ice stands - good goal Calgary.
... completely depended on an official that was out of position and couldn't see if it crossed the line or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
It's hard to gauge with how poor our goaltending has been this season, but for as good as our defense has been on the offensive end...ugh on the other end.

Well I guess they can't do both. It seems like it's either have a high scoring game but give up a bunch of goals or have a low scoring game but can't score on this team. At least we got a win.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Bartley with 9 minutes, Jones with 12.

It will be interesting to see how Stalberg and Cullen perform at the end of the year. One would hope they would be given a chance to score, and they would be placed on a scoring line.

Great night for cullen.

Third straight poor effort by Rinne.

Weber is a beast.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The ref was well out of position and I still haven't seen a definitive angle that shows the puck did cross the net. As the announcement said ... the ruling stands ... not confirmed.

Funny how the Hutton softie talk pops up so quick yet when Rinne is getting lit up the comments don't show up.

I think most give Rinne a little break because he is just coming off a serious injury and hasn't played all season and so is rusty. Don't think many would expect Rinne to come back and be at the level we have seen him at in the past. So most might give him a little pass because of those reasons but I'm sure they notice Rinne's bad play. Tonight Rinne was not good and it was really noticeable. At the moment, Hutton is playing better than Rinne is imo, especially in this game.

Last edited:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
1. How did mdz only get 3 minutes of ice time? People are saying he was odd man out?? So Bartley is more valuable? Lol, this is the guy we traded Klein for?

2. What is up with pekka? I almost question trading him in offseason while he still has lots of value.... It sucks cuz he chose to sign here longterm but we cannot afford to have a backup goalie at 7 million....

3. Glad to see jarnkrok get point in first ever game! How did he actually look? I didn't get to see game.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD

I thought the same thing, no idea what that ref saw to make him be so emphatic in declaring it a goal.

And the softie talk shows up because he gives one of those up every.single.game.

The last Rinne goal was Huttonesque, but how often does that happen to Rinne, in comparison to Hutton?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think most give Rinne a little break because he is just coming off a serious injury and hasn't played all season and so is rusty. So most might give him a little pass because of those reason but I'm sure they notice Rinne's bad play. Tonight though Rinne was not good. At the moment, Hutton is playing better than Rinne is imo.

Well he seems to have almost no confidence right now, and its not like the team has been giving him a ton of help either. Make no mistake though, I said on Facebook when they pulled him that he deserved it, that was just horrible.

I expected him to come out and have some stinkers, lets face it for him this is that first month where some stuff is kind of ugly sometimes. That said I'm not giving him a ton of slack, we are paying him too much for him to play poorly.

It was an ugly game on both sides, possibly one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The last game featured "Yikes Pekka." Nothing during the Blues game. Congratulations on redefining "a bunch".

Hutton (possibly) lets in a goal and the comments cascade. Never mind that the situation room viewed it as :
... completely depended on an official that was out of position and couldn't see if it crossed the line or not.

There are a number of comments calling Rinne out on the previous page

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I thought the same thing, no idea what that ref saw to make him be so emphatic in declaring it a goal.

And the softie talk shows up because he gives one of those up every.single.game.

The last Rinne goal was Huttonesque, but how often does that happen to Rinne, in comparison to Hutton?

Every single game of late ... just as hyperbole filled as your comment on Hutton.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Every single game of late ... just as hyperbole filled as your comment on Hutton.

Nope not all. All year Hutton gave up an abnormal amount of god-awful goals, far far more than Rinne does. To get back to the original point, that makes Hutton far more deserving of the criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad