GDT: Preds @ Canes (Game 1) 3/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I wonder if Fabbro is still not 100% or else aggravated whatever he had before.

Reactions: bdub24

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hello, all. Carolina fan coming in peace/hostility.

1) Good luck tonight. Obviously I’m pulling for a Canes win, but if we go down, I’d rather lose to our neighbor than f***ing Boston again.

2) happy birthday to Preds Jr.!

3) Enjoy this peace offering of ribs:

D16819B6-30C2-4A59-91B4-035C699C3B9C.jpeg

and that’s it! Peace is officially off the table. I hope you all get stuck waiting at every red light when you drive home from work tonight! Your gardens are overgrown, and your cucumbers are soft!

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

1) Good luck tonight. Obviously I’m pulling for a Canes win, but if we go down, I’d rather lose to our neighbor than f***ing Boston again.

View attachment 435009

and that’s it! Peace is officially off the table. I hope you all get stuck waiting at every red light when you drive home from work tonight! Your gardens are overgrown, and your cucumbers are soft!
Too bad you're going to ruin it with the abomination you all call "BBQ Sauce"

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
They played him 23 minutes in the last game so I think he's just gotten beat out by Carrier for the Ekholm pairing and isn't physical enough for what Hynes wants out of the bottom pair.
Could be or could be he tweaked something in the process. Haven't heard anything but I'm guessing we will get an explanation tonight. Hynes is definitely in what have you done for me lately mode which in the case of Fabbro and Tolvanen ain't been much.

Although as tight lipped as this organization is they both could have legs falling off and we would never know about it.

Reactions: bdub24

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

View attachment 435009

Thank you for the kind words, now let me retort with, the only good thing to come out of Carolina is Bojangles

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Harpur - Gudbranson is a real slow pairing to ice against Carolina. I really hope it doesn't backfire on us.

The Tolvanen debate has been litigated in depth by this point, but I do think our PP will suffer without him. Again, hopefully I am proven wrong.

How will it suffer without him considering his actual performance of late? This is what I still don't get. 1 secondary PP assist since April 3rd ... not on the ice for a single PP goal against the Canes all season ... yet him sitting will somehow cause suffering when his presence isn't causing success?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
How will it suffer without him considering his actual performance of late? This is what I still don't get. 1 secondary PP assist since April 3rd ... not on the ice for a single PP goal against the Canes all season ... yet him sitting will somehow cause suffering when his presence isn't causing success?
While I'm not one of the people fussing about him being sat I do realize that there is a tangible difference with and without Tolvanen whether they score or not. Even without results on the scoresheet at least the PP isn't a huge source of momentum for the other team when he's on the left side.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Too bad you're going to ruin it with the abomination you all call "BBQ Sauce"
Don't worry, I'm a dry rub kinda guy. I can't stand eating ribs with the sauce already slobbered all over. It's disgusting.

That being said, I will be applying some, it's just going to be on the side, so I can regulate my meat-to-sauce-per-bite ratio. You can't really do that when the ribs are already covered in the stuff.

Thank you for the kind words, now let me retort with, the only good thing to come out of Carolina is Bojangles

Hey now, it's not the only good thing about NC. Cookout, Cheerwine, the Blue Ridge Mountains (we do share these with other states, but the best parts are here), the Outer Banks...

Well, it's not a particularly long list, but Bojangles is definitely at the top.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Go Preds. Play hard. A lot of our guys have a lot to already be really proud of. There are also several on the current roster where they can show their worth. This summer could go very different ways depending on how 3-4 guys play.

this should be a fun series. they got more skill, we got grit. If they hit us, hit back harder. Preds in 6.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

When I watch the games Tolvanen makes a really tangible difference to the first PP unit. He is able to transition the puck around really well and is very good about ensuring it stays in the zone, especially in comparison to Arvy, who appears to be replacing him.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
When I watch the games Tolvanen makes a really tangible difference to the first PP unit. He is able to transition the puck around really well and is very good about ensuring it stays in the zone, especially in comparison to Arvy, who appears to be replacing him.
I find he is very good at anticipating where to position himself on the PP... it works in a lot of different facets: of course there is the "getting open to shoot" facet, but he is also good at guessing when to pinch up against the boards to block a clearout, and how to move to open up lanes for passing. He's smart and composed on the PP, whether production follows or not.

Which is a big contrast to Arvy and Duchene... they are like headless chickens running around out there... Arvy will throw the puck away blindly, and Duchene will just eat it in a corner until he gets stripped, they are low vision/IQ players --- still good players in their way, on the rush, just not for the PP. We get set up a lot better with Tolvanen (and even Jarnkrok) out there than we do with Arvy or Duchene.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Also JOFA has been awful all year. Not sure why we're trying it again for the playoffs.
Perhaps ironically... because all the other lines are "set"! The irony is that in the past we used to have the JoFA line... and then a blender for everybody else. Now we have identities for everybody else and JoFA sticks just because there is no other room left to juggle them anymore. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad