Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Aloha ... Aho Carolina & Co:thumbu:!

I do expect an early vacation for Nashville. And nothing else.:cool:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Presumably, the coaching staff watched the other playoff games and decided to beef up the roster.

Not exactly a bad choice, either. Things have been heavy from the get-go. We need to make it even heavier.

Reactions: SouthNash

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Looks like the forwards will be
JoFA
Granlund line
Jeanott- Haula- Duchene
The Beasts 1.0
If it's Olivier in the lineup to bump Tolvanen, that just makes that ongoing discussion even worse IMO. I like Olivier, but I can see this leading to the team not playing the 4th line as much. When the Herd 2.0 were getting 13-14 mins and playing more like a 3rd line than a 4th line, that was ideal. But I could see them going back to a 10-minute line again with Olivier there. Whereas the Haula line was already fine with any of the various LW options on it.

In the long run, getting both Trenin and Jeannot looks on a higher line will certainly come. I'm just not so sure this is the time to do it, not when they were already excelling and getting better than 4th line minutes before this anyway.

Now do the d-pairs.

Reactions: bdub24

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Josi- Ellis
Ekholm- Carrier
Harpur- Benning or Gudbranson
I'd wouldn't be surprised with either player on the right side of the 3rd pair but kinda expect Gud just for the size.
Start the series with bigger bodies and see what happens.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If it's Olivier in the lineup to bump Tolvanen, that just makes that ongoing discussion even worse IMO. I like Olivier, but I can see this leading to the team not playing the 4th line as much. When the Herd 2.0 were getting 13-14 mins and playing more like a 3rd line than a 4th line, that was ideal. But I could see them going back to a 10-minute line again with Olivier there. Whereas the Haula line was already fine with any of the various LW options on it.

In the long run, getting both Trenin and Jeannot looks on a higher line will certainly come. I'm just not so sure this is the time to do it, not when they were already excelling and getting better than 4th line minutes before this anyway.

Now do the d-pairs.

It isn't Olivier to bump Tolvanen. Different roles completely. It's Haula and Jeannot bumping Tolvanen both of whom are outpeforming Eeli of late.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Harpur and Gud scares the shit out of me on the road in this series.
Harpur and Benning make you feel better? I'd prefer Fabbro in there but he didn't do himself any favors with that horrible start his first game back after injury. Unless the "big bodies" fail completely Fabbro might have a hard time getting back in.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Harpur and Benning make you feel better? I'd prefer Fabbro in there but he didn't do himself any favors with that horrible start his first game back after injury. Unless the "big bodies" fail completely Fabbro might have a hard time getting back in.

Incrementally better yes, but Fabbro needs to get his shit figured out and get back on the bottom pair.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I like Gudbranson better than Benning. Small sample. But I still wouldn't sit Fabbro for either of them. Olivier and Gudbranson in the lineup over Tolvanen and Fabbro would seem a clear indication of the gameplan, but I'm just not convinced that we're going to intimidate Carolina with physical play.

We weren't going to beat them with speed or skill either, of course. But if one of the benefits of making the playoffs was to help gain playoff experience for our young players, then it seems a little counterproductive to that goal to be sitting Fabbro and Tolvanen, who hopefully are key players for us moving forward. :(

Reactions: hockey diva

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
The issue I have with Fabrro benched for Gud is the drop off in speed/mobility. It's great that Gud can crosscheck some guys after the play in front of the net, but that's really not doing it for me. Fabbro has to figure it out between the ears though and he's struggled a few times with quick decision making. The play speed will be blinding on the road straight out of the gate, so everybody needs to buckle up to start.

Reactions: adsfan and bdub24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad