Post-Game Talk: Preds 1 Oilers 0

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
For once, I feel differently than the HFOil groupthink,

the Oilers played their hearts out last night and dominated one of the best teams in the West. We were stumped by a hot goaltender and a very strong defense. One of the league's hottest goalscorers right now managed to score one in overtime by taking advantage of our line missing a shift and being completely gassed.

Sure, we lost. But it was a well earned point and the team showed the ability to compete with one of the league's best teams.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013

the Oilers played their hearts out last night and dominated one of the best teams in the West. We were stumped by a hot goaltender and a very strong defense. One of the league's hottest goalscorers right now managed to score one in overtime by taking advantage of our line missing a shift and being completely gassed.

Sure, we lost. But it was a well earned point and the team showed the ability to compete with one of the league's best teams.

1 game. I'm not going to take that away from them, they did play hard and they deserved the point. At the end of the day, its 1 game. We shouldn't lose sight of the bigger picture. #LoserMentality

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
1 game. I'm not going to take that away from them, they did play hard and they deserved the point. At the end of the day, its 1 game. We shouldn't lose sight of the bigger picture. #LoserMentality

I agree and I disagree. We played very well against Dallas in the 3rd. Maybe the tides are changing. It's a bit late to salvage this season, but it's good to see the team competing.

Oil Baron

Jun 15, 2009
Canada
Positives
Leon looked to have some confidence with Some muscle on his line
Gazdic actually looked not bad, hard on the fore check and had one nice one timer
Oscar this kid can fly out there and isn't afraid to use his body and doesn't get schooled when doing it
Gordon heart and soul of this team IMO
Fasth played solid deserved a W in this one
Fayne played well shooting the puck whenever it came close to him
Negative's
Top line just shoot the dam puck already, to fancy no results
Yak hit the net 100 push-ups every time you miss the net
Purcell take the weights off of your legs for games
Perron trying to do it all on your own, he is much more productive when effectively using his linemates
NN how many times is he going to throw the puck up the middle of the ice in our own end?

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site

When playing well and still losing your 8th game in a row is a major victory for your team you know you're in trouble.

MacT was so unimpressed with Krueger and the team we had before I wonder what he thinks now. I want someone in MSM to ask him if he thinks tbis version of the Olers is better than the 2012/2013 team.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003

I wanted to post something just like this (oh crap, are we groupthinking???). It's possible to play well and still lose; it seems around here that no matter what, if it's a loss, "the Oilers suck."

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
I wanted to post something just like this (oh crap, are we groupthinking???). It's possible to play well and still lose; it seems around here that no matter what, if it's a loss, "the Oilers suck."

With only regression since Eakins and MacT took over, this team is not playing well. Under Krueger, I might agree with you that they played well during a loss because at least there were signs of progression. This season just like last, the Oilers are last in the West. What positives do you take out of being last? I see none.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
With only regression since Eakins and MacT took over, this team is not playing well. Under Krueger, I might agree with you that they played well during a loss because at least there were signs of progression. This season just like last, the Oilers are last in the West. What positives do you take out of being last? I see none.

If I had that rare form of amnesia like the movie "Memento" we'd be loving it. Won 5 cups. Played a decent 3rd period against Dallas and hard fought OT loss to Nashville.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
I did not watch the game but can someone give me a summary of how Klefbom played? Nelson was sure talking him up earlier in the week and was just wondering if it is translating to the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad