Post-Game Talk: Preds 1 Oilers 0

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
I'm stoked that the losing streak is at 8. After we get plowed in St Louis tomorrow, it'll be 9!

After that things get a little dicey with Phoenix and Winnipeg coming up, but after that it's 4 straight against California teams. If we can just keep the streak alive through Phoenix and Winnipeg, we can run this thing to 15 games!

A 15 game losing streak has got to be enough to get a coach fired, if not a GM and a POHO. Right?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
"Well hey" (in my Eakins voice) at least the press can't have donuts.

All the people bashing players just don't consider how the WHOLE team has regressed under Eakins, its baffling.

How can your goals against go up, goals for go down, and have more losses than previous years. Thats impossible, unless Dallas Eakins is your coach.

The only reason he is sitting Schultz is because of the fans and press, same with his swarm and many other decisions. I don't know if he is being told what to do and what not to do by MacT and Lowe (as Renney stated) but its a huge mess that can only be remedied by getting rid of the whole management and Eakins.

I ask fellow fans, do you see light at the end of the tunnel with Lowe/MacT/Eakins?

We drafted 1rst overall, 1rst overall, 2nd overall, 7th overall, > MacT and Eakins show up, 3rd overall, now 1-3 overall. Thats almost impossible under the worst of circumstances.

Start with getting a goalie, it would change a lot.

Hahaha, I heard his voice in my head :laugh: . Its obvious. He's their scapegoat. He'll do what management says, and he'll keep his job. MacT won't fire him, because then he'll look like an idiot for 1) Firing Krueger 2) Placing his trust in Eakins. Eakins has failed. I looked at the flames, and when Hartley was talking to the team, everybody paid attention to him. Eakins? Looks like players are just ignoring him. You look at this game where Draisaitl played well. Result? Didn't get Gazdic away from him. Klefbom played strong. Result? Benched over for hot garbage Nikitin. It makes no sense. He keeps giving our worst d men in Nikitin and Schultz the most ice time. I'll easily bet money that with a proven nhl coach, they would at least accomplish more than what Eakins has done. I gave Eakins the benefit of the doubt this year, but two disaster seasons in which both are already gone this early? Fire him already. They can't defend the coaching carousel. If a coach can't get the best of his squad for the 2nd straight year, he needs to go. We're racking up losses, players regressing, and systems failing. Eakins is not an NHL coach whatsoever.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I'm stoked that the losing streak is at 8. After we get plowed in St Louis tomorrow, it'll be 9!

After that things get a little dicey with Phoenix and Winnipeg coming up, but after that it's 4 straight against California teams. If we can just keep the streak alive through Phoenix and Winnipeg, we can run this thing to 15 games!

A 15 game losing streak has got to be enough to get a coach fired, if not a GM and a POHO. Right?

Depends on if they get any more loser points like tonight, because I'm sure that for every loser point the team gets, Eakins buys himself another month or something right?
:laugh:

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

If we get to that point, that's 2 away from the NHL record too. :naughty:

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

I'm confident that one team will "take one for the team" and lose so that Lowe sticks around and the Oilers stay bad. If I was Anaheim/LA I wouldn't want to jeopardize losing 4 guaranteed wins each year for short term gain.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
"Well hey" (in my Eakins voice) at least the press can't have donuts.

All the people bashing players just don't consider how the WHOLE team has regressed under Eakins, its baffling.

How can your goals against go up, goals for go down, and have more losses than previous years. Thats impossible, unless Dallas Eakins is your coach.

The only reason he is sitting Schultz is because of the fans and press, same with his swarm and many other decisions. I don't know if he is being told what to do and what not to do by MacT and Lowe (as Renney stated) but its a huge mess that can only be remedied by getting rid of the whole management and Eakins.

I ask fellow fans, do you see light at the end of the tunnel with Lowe/MacT/Eakins?

We drafted 1rst overall, 1rst overall, 2nd overall, 7th overall, > MacT and Eakins show up, 3rd overall, now 1-3 overall. Thats almost impossible under the worst of circumstances.

Start with getting a goalie, it would change a lot.

no. there is no hope with this joke of a management team. I mean we have the worst coach in the league, by far worst POHO ever, and it's starting to look like we have, possibly, near the worst GM in the league, too. they are like Dr. Evil declaring the world is mine. but its KLowe going: 'the Oilers. they're mine, all mine!!!' Some one should make a meme of that. they will be ridiculed for this era for 50 years.

these guys are a sinister bunch of madmen that have truly lost it. not exaggerating to make a point, either. I mean they have literally lost it. Case in point, the Draisaitl and C position situation. Absolute lunacy.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Listened on CHED, I think Jack might've had a minor heart attack near the end of the game, the guy could barely breathe he was so excited we were still in it.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah going to be exhausting to climb up the podium again and select McDavid or Eichel.

Now that's good. I will do one better and we can help them with their picks in the later rounds. I was at the BC and BU game 3 weeks ago while I was down to see Oilers-Bruins. Eichel and Hannifin both played in the game. Two other players that I watched that were good are Matheson and Fitzgerald from BC. We are pretty much useless if we don't draft in the 1st round and even there it looks like we are missing the boat.

Oh well, I am a Packers fan and that will be a dandy game this weekend against the Pats

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Fasth was solid. Klefbom is living up to the hype. We played a great all around road game. Still a loss though.

Nikitin is horrible. I am staring to hate Eberle. Arcobello isn't a NHL player.

I have to agree. Drai played great, Klefbom did his job, and Fasth looked like a #1. He even showed some emotion when we lost

You have to hope they sit Nikitin tonight and bring back Marincin. We played not a bad game, but Hall is not 100%

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Eh. This team is ****ed. The only option is to literally rebuild the rebuild.

I dare anyone to argue otherwise. Double doggy-dare you. Seriously, I'm sitting right ready, please explain to me how this team can win a cup without severely gutting this team or waiting another 5 years to develop the rest of our prospects.

The idea of acquiring a #2C without an extreme overpay is laughable. The idea of acquiring a #1 D without severely dismantling our offensive corps is also laughable. Same goes for a #1 Goalie. The idea of adding some skilled 2-way toughness on the wings is a joke, considering MacT's love affair with the wonder boys.

Eakins has developed a perfect losing atmosphere. Nobody give a **** anymore. Hall/Yakupov/Eberle/RNH, they're all broken.

**** this team. I can't wait for the 2023 rebuild though.

I have to agree with ya. I watched the game last night with 2 other fellas who r Oiler fans as well as me and we say the only player we could trade and get what we need is Hall and Eberle together. You would get your stud defenceman, power forwards and picks.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I find it funny that people think the Oilers have a fast team.

Other than Hall, RNH, Nurse & Klefbom, are there any great skaters on the team? Pouliot maybe.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
I find it funny that people think the Oilers have a fast team.

Other than Hall, RNH, Nurse & Klefbom, are there any great skaters on the team? Pouliot maybe.

Petry is amazing skater, Marincin is also good but yeah, most of the players on our team are slow. Eberle, Perron, Purcell, Gordon, Arcobello...

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
and look at the position of Forsberg's body and stick on the shot--- that's a woosy shot to beat a goalie on.

But .... after having a couple of pucks ding off the bars in the previous 20 seconds, Fasth was probablymentally like a deer caught in some headlights

Forsberg has got a very strange release, keeps his hands close to his body, I think that has tricked a lot of goalies this season.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2012
LOL...the stick too long thing is something you tell a peewee kid not an NHL professional.

You'd think so.....but it happens all the time at the pro level. Players change their stride or modify their release all the time in order to improve, sometimes at the behest of the coach or specialty coaches (skating coaches). They always are tinkering with gear.

I am not talking about 4" here I am talking about very subtle changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad