Prediction for this year - Playoffs or no Playoffs?

Where will the Habs finish this season?

• Total voters

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Tampa - X
Florida - X
Toronto - X
Boston
Montreal
Buffalo
Detroit
Ottawa

Washington - X
New Jersey - X
Pittsburgh - X
Philadelphia - WC
Carolina - WC
NYR
NYI

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I really hate saying this because i hate to see my team lose but imo we need one more highend draft pick to top out our new and improved prospect pool. I say we are a bottom team, blessing in disguise

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Pretty sure KK would get creamed if we used him as a #1 center.
I get it, we're fans and excited about this young kid, but let's not act like clueless Leafs homers.
KK was used in a very very sheltered role last season, nothing indicates he is remotely better defensively than Kopitar. Don't be ridiculous.
Darn it! Why not?

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Cup Champs baybeeeee. Anything less than a Hart for Drouin and a Smythe for Domi will be a disappointment to me.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I'm very torn. On one hand the team is not better then they were last year and a lot went right for us to be where they were. However, if Price doesn't have a bad month and a half we're comfortably in and if Weber plays the first two months then there's another 4-6 points I imagine. I said no for the sake of the poll, but it's really a toss up.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm very torn. On one hand the team is not better then they were last year and a lot went right for us to be where they were. However, if Price doesn't have a bad month and a half we're comfortably in and if Weber plays the first two months then there's another 4-6 points I imagine. I said no for the sake of the poll, but it's really a toss up.
To be fair, the two months Price played bad, didn't the team actually play well and actually win most?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You mean outside the fact he was heavily sheltered?
You said “very very sheltered” last time. Which is it? Heavily would suggest a burden. In no way shape or form was Coconut’s first pro campaign a burden to our franchise. A poster performed an analytic on Coconut’s defensive statistics.. Check it out sometime.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
If Price doesn't crap the bed in the first 2 months like last year, we'll easily make the playoffs.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Yeah, BC the G who put up 35 wins on .918sv% last year is what stopped us from getting in last year :facepalm:
He was ahl level during the first 2 months. Just him being average during the early part of the season and we easily would have made the payoffs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He was ahl level during the first 2 months. Just him being average during the early part of the season and we easily would have made the payoffs.

1- that's not even remotely true.

2- if you look at the seasons of the other goalies who played 60+ games (all of whom had worse sv% than Price), you'll also find stretches of games where they were below their best.... It's called a season

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
1- that's not even remotely true.

2- if you look at the seasons of the other goalies who played 60+ games (all of whom had worse sv% than Price), you'll also find stretches of games where they were below their best.... It's called a season
898 save % and 3.05 gaa in first 2 months. Like I said ahl level bad he was. He didn't even need to be great, just average and we make the playoffs.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Our PP was AHL level for the whole season. If it was average for even 2 months, we make the playoffs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
898 save % and 3.05 gaa in first 2 months. Like I said ahl level bad he was. He didn't even need to be great, just average and we make the playoffs.

Yeah, except that 30 NHL goalies finished the year with a sv% lower than that.

I takget Yourthe emotions... but your take wrong & not factually supported.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah, except that 30 NHL goalies finished the year with a sv% lower than that.

I takget Yourthe emotions... but your take wrong & not factually supported.

He's talking about the first 2 months where 30 NHL goalies had better sav% than him, the rest of the season CP was very good, but the first 2 months he was AHL level thtat's a fact

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He's talking about the first 2 months where 30 NHL goalies had better sav% than him, the rest of the season CP was very good, but the first 2 months he was AHL level thtat's a fact

Fact you say... i see, so now subjective opinion is a placeholder for "fact"?

and since you seem unfamiliar with how the NHL works, there are 31 teams, each have two goaltenders. :teach:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Fact you say... i see, so now subjective opinion is a placeholder for "fact"?

and since you seem unfamiliar with how the NHL works, there are 31 teams, each have two goaltenders. :teach:

Unfamiliar you say......that's not fact, just a subjective opinion cuz you have no stats to back it up

As for CP, fact is during those 2 months he had a save % under .900 which is AHL level, i will repeat tho that he was very good the rest of the year and that i'm a big fan of CP

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why is it that every time that a poll should just be Yes or No, someone chickens out of it and complicates the options up to a point where no one is even interested in the results? :laugh:

Reactions: JAPPO

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The roster is worse than last year in respect to being an immediate playoff team.

However, you do have a healthy Weber who hopefully will have the camp under his belt this year, which is a big plus.

I'm going to say it's a bubble team that misses, with the current roster, but I can see a legit argument either way.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Unfamiliar you say......that's not fact, just a subjective opinion cuz you have no stats to back it up

As for CP, fact is during those 2 months he had a save % under .900 which is AHL level, i will repeat tho that he was very good the rest of the year and that i'm a big fan of CP

?
sure, keep telling yourself that there are only 30 goalies in the NHL :facepalm:

your delusion about a save % under 900 being AHL level unfortunately doesn't have any basis in the NHL statistical realities.

2018‑2019 NHL Goalie Stats

might be worth actually looking stuff up before posting nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad