Prediction for this year - Playoffs or no Playoffs?

Where will the Habs finish this season?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Simple enough question. We're near the start of training camp - what are your predictions for the Habs this season? Pick the option closest to what you expect to happen.

No assumptions here. This is not "assume no injuries, or assume a big trade" or anything like that - just a straight out prediction. Where will we finish?

I'll let each person decide for themselves what the difference between "barely qualifies" or "qualifies comfortably" for playoffs is, as well as "does well" vs "doesn't do well" in playoffs.

What's everyone expecting out of this season?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I see the exact same trajectory as last year for the Habs. Having to compete with a team from the Met for that last spot because we just aren't good enough in our own division. I think we are closer to the bottom than at lot of people realize and a couple of bad breaks can send us reeling, On a positive note if we let the kids develop in Laval like they should it will be a fun place to take in games this season.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Honestly, I have no clue. The safe bet is barely missing the playoffs, since as of today the team didn't get any better.

But from experience I know that things never work out as expected. Watch Chiarot and Cousins become surprise hits, and Poehling emerge as a solid 3C. Or watch a couple of key injuries and slow development sink the team to the bottom. Neither scenario will shock me.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Without doubt the Habs will emerge #1 and with the president's trophy they will steamroll into the playoffs and win the Stanley Cup for the 25th time. It is with mathematic certainty

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I see ourselves between "bottom feeders" and "bubble teams on the outside".
I think by the last night of the regular season we'll have been eliminated for a while, but I also think we're not going to suck enough for us to be sellers at TDD.
I say we finish between 19 and 25. Somehow like the Panthers of last season.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
We finished with 96pts last year despite CP not doing well before december and Weber out in the first 2 months

I say we go over 100pts, should make the playoffs with that

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Barely qualifies, but “does well”, simply meaning they put up a good fight until Stamkos snipes one five-hole off the rush to make it 2-1 with 6:34 remaining in game 6. Final score 6-1

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I say we make it.

Weber will finally be able to START the season with the club and that's big for the locker room. We removed the Agostino Chaput and AHL depth for actual bottom 6 NHL players. Removed Benn and Rielly in some way by adding Chiarot.

That's about 5-6players that cost us points early in the season. I remember Chaput costing us 2points with 1:30 left to go in the 3rd with a major brain fart. Same goes with Benn, Rielly and Agostino.

Our core is Young with Domi,KK,Drouin,Lehko, even Danault and Armia still able to grow.

Poehling might surprise some, I think his style of play is so undervalued on boards just because he doesnt 360 no scope. But he does everything right, like Bergeron and OReilly, those type of players are winners.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I already predicted in another thread... My prediction is that I am 100% certain that Habs will or will not make the playoffs.

Reactions: Bask

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Honestly, I have no clue. The safe bet is barely missing the playoffs, since as of today the team didn't get any better.

But from experience I know that things never work out as expected. Watch Chiarot and Cousins become surprise hits, and Poehling emerge as a solid 3C. Or watch a couple of key injuries and slow development sink the team to the bottom. Neither scenario will shock me.

Bingo. Perfectly stated...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->