Speculation: Predict where Perry winds up & when!

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
The house in London stuff is so overplayed. He bought a new house in London and moved from his old one in London, he's always lived there in the offseason. He very well could want to play close to home as a free agent or he could easily value money and/or term, him upgrading in London isn't at all indicative of that.
Not only that but he says verbatim that they're a "private family" and don't want their address publicized due to fears of gawking or public pressure. That's generally the case with any player but based on the London Press comments he seems to place more value in being discrete, so you could infer that Toronto spotlight may not be ideal as he transitions to post-career family life.

Who knows though. Would certainly welcome him on a cheap 1-2 year deal to play alongside Kadri or somewhere in the bottom six.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Perry is the kinda prick that would sign with a rival out of spite for being bought out. I would think San Jose would be the place at the vet minimum to both Ducks and Sharks fans disgust. He just wants to piss off everyone.

So, San Jose is going to take players on the tail end of their career, no wonder they can't win shit.

Reactions: Sam Steel
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Not only that but he says verbatim that they're a "private family" and don't want their address publicized due to fears of gawking or public pressure. That's generally the case with any player but based on the London Press comments he seems to place more value in being discrete, so you could infer that Toronto spotlight may not be ideal as he transitions to post-career family life.

Who knows though. Would certainly welcome him on a cheap 1-2 year deal to play alongside Kadri or somewhere in the bottom six.

He's such a big name and has lived there for some time so I his spotlight cant really get a lot bigger at this point. The Leafs would offer that kind of proximity and a chance to win, so it makes sense.

Although, I do wonder if term is the biggest thing he'll be after. It is a bit curious that he's waiving his NMC so easily rather than pushing for a buyout. Maybe he doesn't want to sign one year deals chasing a cup.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Perry had 50 pts in 70 games just last year. Unless he really wants to sign for cheap with a true contender, for a serios chance at the cup, i doubt he signs for 2 mil or something like that.
I also doubt the Leafs are that cup contender.

Honestly, i'm more and more inclined to keep him in Anaheim, i do think he might bounce back a bit, and you could play him up and down the lines, depending on how the young guys do.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lucic 50% retained + 3rd + Gagner 20% retained for Perry 30% retained . Deal done on July 2nd

Breakdown

Lucic is owed 16 million after July 1st -50%= 2 million a year with a 3 million cap hit
Vancouver is already retaining on Gagner to get him down to 3.1 million -20%=2.48 million
Total money/caphit = 10.48 million / 14.480 cap hit
A 3rd is a 3rd nothing great but it could become decent

Total cap going to the Ducks =5.48 million for 1 year then 3 million for 3 more years
Perry 8.6 million - 30%=6.020 million for 2 years total 12.040 over 2 years

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lucic 50% retained + 3rd + Gagner 20% retained for Perry 30% retained . Deal done on July 2nd

Breakdown

Lucic is owed 16 million after July 1st -50%= 2 million a year with a 3 million cap hit
Vancouver is already retaining on Gagner to get him down to 3.1 million -20%=2.48 million

Total cap going to the Ducks =5.48 million for 1 year then 3 million for 3 more years
Easy pass

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Breakdown

Zero desire to trade Perry for a longer/worse contract. A buyout is much more attractive than taking on Lucic.

Reactions: wraparound

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Perry had 50 pts in 70 games just last year. Unless he really wants to sign for cheap with a true contender, for a serios chance at the cup, i doubt he signs for 2 mil or something like that.
I also doubt the Leafs are that cup contender.

Honestly, i'm more and more inclined to keep him in Anaheim, i do think he might bounce back a bit, and you could play him up and down the lines, depending on how the young guys do.
Right now the Leafs are no contender....in a couple of months? Who knows. That said, i doubt Perry is signing here.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Right now the Leafs are no contender....in a couple of months? Who knows. That said, i doubt Perry is signing here.
If they aren’t contenders now, how will they be contenders in a couple months? You’re going to have no cap space after you overpay Marner and don’t have your first this year. What moves are you going to make to stay under the cap? Toronto is good team now but I don’t see any major trades involving them this summer.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If they aren’t contenders now, how will they be contenders in a couple months? You’re going to have no cap space after you overpay Marner and don’t have your first this year. What moves are you going to make to stay under the cap? Toronto is good team now but I don’t see any major trades involving them this summer.
Lol...they have cap space right now to sign Marner. So depending on what happens when Marleau and Zaitsev are moved....then they will address other needs.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This isn't a Leafs thread, you guys are like an infection sometimes.
Oh...so somebody says Perry will sign in TO after a buyout and i'm not allowed to respond? My apologies...guess i better read the user agreement again.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Oh...so somebody says Perry will sign in TO after a buyout and i'm not allowed to respond? My apologies...guess i better read the user agreement again.

We don't need a breakdown of the Leafs off season in every main board thread, thanks. There have been Leafs fans squabbling on each page of this thread and very little of it is on subject.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
We don't need a breakdown of the Leafs off season in every main board thread, thanks. There have been Leafs fans squabbling on each page of this thread and very little of it is on subject.
Again, apologies....i thought the main boards were public. I will abide by your request and let you get back to the Perry for Lucic offers.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
In all honesty if they can't dump him for a gain why buy him out if the ducks aren't sure they are landing a big fa this season. If you don't want him on the roster just make him watch games for two years

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
In all honesty if they can't dump him for a gain why buy him out if the ducks aren't sure they are landing a big fa this season. If you don't want him on the roster just make him watch games for two years

At the end of the day a buyout does save the team $4M on a player who no longer fits their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad