Predict the Standings

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Man did I get a good laugh from some of the predictions. Hindsight is 20/20 man oh man.

To bad I didn't put one to embarrass myself. However the only thing I predicted is that the Oiler would finish bottom 5, and it seems 50/50 if that will come true.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
This isn't a "you're wrong" kind of bump.

I just wanted people to reflect on their predictions, and how the season so far has unfolded.

I don't mean the bump in a negative way, but if the mods want to close it, no hard feelings.

look like more than anything, several people owe "I am The Liquor" an apology.
he was the most clear thinking person in the entire thread.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
look like more than anything, several people owe "I am The Liquor" an apology.
he was the most clear thinking person in the entire thread.

No doubt. Best way to deal with the Oilers and see reality is to stay perpetually drunk.

My prediction for the Oilers was a very optimistic, kool-aid drinking 5th in the West... didn't care about other teams so I didn't put anything up.

Obviously for those optimists amongst us, the season didn't go nearly as well as we thought it might.

Next year though... :)

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
not many predicted montreal and toronto or th eisles to be as good as they are

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
West

1. St. Louis
2. Vancouver
3. LA
4. Chicago
5. Minnesota
6. SJ
7. Detroit
8. Nashville
9. Phoenix
10. Edmonton
11. Colorado
12. Calgary
13. Anaheim
14. Dallas
15. CBJ

Well I was smart enough to not pick them to make the playoffs

even 10th is a huge reach...yikes

whiffed on Anaheim and Columbus, but no one saw the Ducks and Jackets as being good this year

Moneypuck

Aug 12, 2009
Looks as though IATL wasn't as far off base as most thought. Most everyone else appears to be on "the dope" though....

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The only predictions I made before the season other than the Oilers would be 5th in the West was that the Habs would be much better than people think they'd be and that the Lightning would be much worse than most think they'd be. Nailed those pretty close... probably should take my tier 17 ass away from the Oilers boards. Shows me how delusional I can be when looking at the stuff that's closest to the heart.

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
I am the Liquor and Broilers were very accurate in their assessment of the Oilers but whiffed on Columbus. Amazing what a thorough housecleaning can accomplish in a short period of time.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I am the Liquor and Broilers were very accurate in their assessment of the Oilers but whiffed on Columbus. Amazing what a thorough housecleaning can accomplish in a short period of time.

And, you know, hard work and good goaltending (most of which were brought in by the GM they turfed).

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Well I pegged Vancouver in the right spot, but had Edm/Det in and Ana/CBJ out. :shakehead Detroit might still squeek in where I had em, but kudos to ANA/CBJ

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Reading this just makes me more annoyed. Man, it was only a few months ago I genuinely thought the oilers would be either in the playoffs, or battling for a spot. Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad