GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
This team thrives when there is no pressure, and right now there is zero pressure on them. As such, they will win until the pressure is ramped back up, which won't be until game 7.
What? If they aint feeling the pressure then they are doing something wrong.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I've never used proline before, but I put $50 on the Leafs tonight (which is apparently the maximum I can bet on olg.ca, although I have no idea how long ago I must have set that limit), which pays out $75. Those seem like incredibly good odds.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I actually wonder if Boston will come out a bit tentative. As someone else said, I think their natural tendency may be to play a low-event game.
I see the bruins doing exactly what they have done....play hard and smart, outwork, out hustle, and win board battles. The leafs have not been able to match that formula so why would the Bruins do anything different?

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Speaking of McMann I'm tired of the radio silence on him.
The radio silence on everything is baffling.
McMann, Nylander now Matthews supposedly has "an illness" that has allowed him to play this entire series, but leave before the 3rd period. Now it's supposedly a "doctor's call" if he plays tonight.

The silence, the fighting on the bench. This is truly a baffling, comedic playoffs.
Truly baffling.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Let's be honest, it isn't looking good for the leafs. Need to win 3 before Boston wins 1. Star players are riddled with injuries or something. Boston lost a 3-1 series lead last season, no chance they let that happen again.

Hopefully just win this game to extend the season. Maybe backs against the wall brings out a different team? If not, hopefully Keefe fired tomorrow.
The leafs are not the Panthers

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I’m honestly pretty relaxed and relieved at this point:

1. They win and prove all of us wrong. Show that they can win and play in playoffs. Would be very happy. Marner steps up. Nylander steps up. Matthews plays and steps up.

2. They lose and big changes finally happen that are needed. Marner’s last game and hopefully more (Keefe fired, Shanny fired, JT stripped of the C).

Either way, I am okay with the result at this point.

Reactions: wingman75

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
You know what's funny too, is that if there was ever a year to heap on the excuses, it'd be now. The core 4 is all battling issues, Marner's ankle injury has shrouded his health, Nylander's bizarre mysterious ailment causing him to miss games, and now of course Matthews is down now too.

I'm going to go ahead and postulate that the disappearance of the Dubie superfans and the disappearance of the immense abundance of excuses for playoff failure seem to go hand in hand.

Like if it was any year under Dubie where we faced all of Nylander/Marner/Matthews battling this you'd be absolutely slammed if you didn't buy the excuses of the Dubie fanboys.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
oy2mc-01.jpg

Brad Marchand tonight

Reactions: PromisedLand

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This team thrives when there is no pressure, and right now there is zero pressure on them. As such, they will win until the pressure is ramped back up, which won't be until game 7.
There is an unbelievable amount of pressure on them.

Reactions: myleafs

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'd give the chance of him taking a team friendly deal to be the same as the chance of a Leaf comeback in this series. So about 2.154328%.

Don't know what about Marner's character or past actions would ever make you think that...
Then cut ties with him, if he makes that choice

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I had an awful start to my day. Had to run an errand before work but my hair was a mess. I couldn't find my regular hat so I grabbed what I could find...my Leafs cap :(

Man that was a rough 30 minutes wearing that around town :popcorn:

Go Leafs Go?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This line of thinking is so ridiculous.

Whether you like Marner or not, just simply subtracting him means you now have lost:
  • A high production winger
  • A PP1 guy
  • A PK1 guy
  • A matchup guy
  • Someone who averages a lot of ice time every night
You now have $11M, which is nice, but you've also created 3 or 4 huge holes on your team that you aren't replacing with that $11M.

I'm all on board exploring different scenarios involving moving Marner, but I'm also only doing so if a massive high value piece is coming back in return (Ie. Tkachuk/Florida).

If that deal doesn't exist, you don't move him, try extending him on more of a discount, and re-evaluate your franchise and keep trying to make big moves.

Yeah I don’t think losing the main cog of a 50% PK and 10% PP is the problem you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad