12. New Jersey
13. Toronto
14. Montreal
15. Islanders

Last edited:

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
With 18 of 48 games against divisional rivals, i can't see any of the divisions having 4 teams making the playoffs.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I think Minnesota will be the most interesting team to watch this year. They were without Koivu for most of the year last year and were actually the 2nd worst team in the west (3rd in the league) when it came to goal differencial. Sitting at an astonishing -49 and only 177 goals (worst in the league and 25 goals less than Columbus) its hard to think that the additions of two players will turn them into divisonal favourites. Ryan Suter was +15 on a team that was +27 and Zach Parise was -5 on a team that was +19. Obviously they will help to the success of the wild, but I don't know if they will pass the Canucks. The Canucks were +51 by comparison. That means that these two players would have to attribute almost 100 extra goal differential (shortened to 48 games so roughly 60) in order to take the top spot assuming the canucks play at the same level.

Also, Backstrom was playing with .919 save% and Harding was at .917 which is actually slightly higher than their career averages. So its not like the goaltending can get drastically better.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Predicting the standings in a 48 game sprint is so pointless. None of these standings are going to be close to right.

My guess though: Someone stupid makes the playoffs (maybe us, yay!) and Detroit doesn't.

I couldn't agree more...he 48 game season is pretty much a guarantee that someone stupid makes the playoffs. Luck is definitely in play here.

We all know that Tambo employs luck as a major part of his game plan so the Oilers probably have a better shot than anybody. ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
New Jersey finishes dead last in the league.

Seriously, they have a horrid roster this year.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
We will not make playoffs

1. Vancouver
2. Nashville
3. Los Angeles
4. Chicago
5. San Jose
6. Minnesota
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix
--------
9. St. Louis
10. Colorado
11. Calgary
12. Dallas
13. Edmonton
14. Anaheim
15. Columbus

I have not followed east so much I guess Edmonton will end up between 24-26. If we have aliitle bit luck we can catch Dallas even Calgary but not Colorado and be somewhere 21-24 in overall standings.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I predict that we'll either finish 3rd in west or miss the playoffs..

VAN isnt that great anymore.. Schneider had the stats last year but isnt that great. Sedins are declining, Kessler injured .. IMO division title is up for grabs.

If we can solidify our D by picking up a top4 shutdown RD we will be favorite to win the division title.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

VAN isnt that great anymore.. Schneider had the stats last year but isnt that great. Sedins are declining, Kessler injured .. IMO division title is up for grabs.

If we can solidify our D by picking up a top4 shutdown RD we will be favorite to win the division title.

Very optimistic, the Canucks are still a power in the west, not to mention the Wild. We can make the playoffs, but I think the division crown is out of our reach. We would need to win too many games against better teams in their building. We all know how the oilers play at the Xcel Energy Center.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

When is Kesler scheduled to be back?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Very optimistic, the Canucks are still a power in the west, not to mention the Wild. We can make the playoffs, but I think the division crown is out of our reach. We would need to win too many games against better teams in their building. We all know how the oilers play at the Xcel Energy Center.

Who do the Canucks have up front after the Sedins?
H.Sedin, 112pts > 94pts > 81pts ... the other guy had 65pts last year.. both are 32yo +
without Kessler they are in deep trouble in terms of secondary scoring. IMO they are the next Flames in the making.

No denying that MIN looks solid on paper... hoping on the rust factor and a slow start to give us some advantage..

Shoring up our D is the key .. without that top4 RD we are as bad\good as any basement team.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I think Minnesota will be the most interesting team to watch this year. They were without Koivu for most of the year last year and were actually the 2nd worst team in the west (3rd in the league) when it came to goal differencial. Sitting at an astonishing -49 and only 177 goals (worst in the league and 25 goals less than Columbus) its hard to think that the additions of two players will turn them into divisonal favourites. Ryan Suter was +15 on a team that was +27 and Zach Parise was -5 on a team that was +19. Obviously they will help to the success of the wild, but I don't know if they will pass the Canucks. The Canucks were +51 by comparison. That means that these two players would have to attribute almost 100 extra goal differential (shortened to 48 games so roughly 60) in order to take the top spot assuming the canucks play at the same level.

Also, Backstrom was playing with .919 save% and Harding was at .917 which is actually slightly higher than their career averages. So its not like the goaltending can get drastically better.

It;s good to see someone else noticed that Minny was one of the worst teams in the league for a very extended portion last year.

Suter has never played well without Weber and is considered the worse of the 2 by a fair margin. I think the reast of Minny's D is junk. Thier goaltending is solid but thier forwards even with Parise are not exactly dominate.

They could be good. But they shouldnt be great. And more than likely they will not make the playoffs.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver

lol makes sense!

RoboNerdOK

HFBoards Snarkster
Jun 30, 2011
Oklahoma City Metro
My prediction: the Oilers finish 9th in the West, 17th overall in the NHL -- 1 point out of a playoff spot.

Then they win the new draft lottery and pick first again. :laugh:

zeus3007*

I won't do the full standings, but I have a few predictions.

1. Vancouver craps the bed and misses the playoffs. They win the division again next year though.

2. Minnesota wins the division

3. Oilers squeak into the playoffs based on a hot start, as we have more warmed up bodies coming into the lineup than most teams. We lose in the first round quite handily though.

4. St Louis wins the West

5. Toronto still sucks

6. The Islanders make the playoffs.

7. Calgary still almost makes it, losing their spot in the last two or three games. Iginla isn't traded and leaves as a free agent.

8. Philadelphia misses the playoffs thanks to sub par defense and awful goalies.

9. Columbus is 30th overall again and pick first overall in the draft.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
This isn't a "you're wrong" kind of bump.

I just wanted people to reflect on their predictions, and how the season so far has unfolded.

I don't mean the bump in a negative way, but if the mods want to close it, no hard feelings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad