WJC: Predict the Quarter Finals

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
My ONLY fear is that Rulik overthinks this and changes the lineup and from hokej.cz it sounds like that is his plan. We played 3 full games and a period with the exact same group and they are healthy. Go with that again please. Only exception was 2 periods with Sapousek on line 1 and PP1 which was .. strange.

And you're right! Czechs are good underdogs and awful front runners! Not our nature.
Oh no, that would be bad news. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. Like Pep Guardiola overthinking it in the Champions League and not just let his team play their natural game, which has time and time again proven effective. Let’s hope Rulik does not yield to that particular temptation.

Btw, which country are you posting from? Canada? I live in Japan (not much of a Czech community there), although currently I am away enjoying the Australian summer.

If I was a Czechia fan, I be a little worried for one reason - they are due for a let down - they've done so much right. I hope Czechia wins because they've earned their (easy) path to the GMG.

God bless Pope Benedict XVI. RIP.
Indeed! It would be just our luck to screw up when it really matters. Preferably due to some refereeing error losing by a goal in overtime 😀

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If I was a Czechia fan, I be a little worried for one reason - they've done so much right, they are due for a hiccup. I hope Czechia wins because they've earned their (easy) path to the GMG.

Respectful disagree.. I was not upset we lost to Sweden. We did 2 very stupid mistakes with Cech hitting a guy while we were celebrating a goal and Hamara setting up a Swede beautifully in the slot for a goal against. And a really bad line change in 3 on 3 OT that cost us so 3 mistakes.lol

That was our hiccup. Well, I hope THAT was our hiccup.lol

I am not kidding when I say I'd feel worse about our chances if we were undefeated.. no way we're going undefeated in this tourney.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Respectful disagree.. I was not upset we lost to Sweden. We did 2 very stupid mistakes with Cech hitting a guy while we were celebrating a goal and Hamara setting up a Swede beautifully in the slot for a goal against. And a really bad line change in 3 on 3 OT that cost us so 3 mistakes.lol

That was our hiccup. Well, I hope THAT was our hiccup.lol

I am not kidding when I say I'd feel worse about our chances if we were undefeated.. no way we're going undefeated in this tourney.
^^ That's fair. ^^

Every year, the NYE games are great. This year, 3 of 4 were duds.

Every year, there is an upset in the Quarters. This year, I hope that doesn't happen.

As a Canadian, if we get past Slovakia, I like our path...

* The U.S. has had our number for a while so we are due to turn things around against them;
* Czechia beat us but I doubt they do it twice.

If Canada can avoid an upset in the Quarters, I believe we are Golden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
^^ That's fair. ^^

Every year, the NYE games are great. This year, 3 of 4 were duds.

Every year, there is an upset in the Quarters. This year, I hope that doesn't happen.

As a Canadian, if we get past Slovakia, I like our path...

* The U.S. has had our number for a while and we are due to turn things around against them;
* Czechia beat us but I doubt they do it twice.

If Canada can avoid an upset in the Quarters, I believe we are Golden.

Agree... I'm not buying into this Czech gold stuff but for us to win we'd have to beat Canada twice in Canada. Sure.. totally realistic!

Reactions: ORRFForever

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Some food for thought. The Swiss are probably ecstatic that they have the match-up with Czechia. As a fourth seed, they were going to face a team that was playing well regardless, but instead of playing a team with a solid year-to-year track record, they are playing a team that has played well just for a handful of games. Add in the fact that Switzerland actually came out the winning team in three of their four games and they are probably full of belief at the moment.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
No chance Sweden wins over Finland. Not sure why so many think Sweden even have a chance against the finns.

USA and Czecia will crush Swiss and Germany.

Canada SHOULD crush Slovakia, but there is just something about Slovakia that i feel in the air. Could be a huge upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad