Home: Nashville Predators (22-18-7) 7th Central / 12th West / 6th Wildcard
Last Game: 2-1 W vs Buffalo Sabres
Last 10: 4-5-1 :: 28 GF - 33 GA :: -5

Away: Toronto Maple Leafs (25-17-7) 4th Atlantic / 10th East / 4th Wildcard
Last Game: 6-2 L vs Chicago Blackhawks
Last 10: 4-3-3 :: 38 GF - 39 GA :: -1
========================================

Starting Goalies:
NSH: Pekka Rinne (16-10-3) .899 (confirmed)
TOR: Frederik Andersen (22-9-6) .909 (confirmed)

Predators Leaders
G: Filip Forsberg - 16
A: Roman Josi- 34
P: Roman Josi - 48
PIM: Austin Watson - 49

Maple Leafs Leaders
G: Auston Matthews - 34
A: Mitch Marner - 34
P: Auston Matthews - 57
PIM: Jake Muzzin - 34

Predators Lines
Calle Jarnkrok - Ryan Johansen - Austin Watson
Filip Forsberg - Matt Duchene - Mikael Granlund
Rocco Grimaldi - Nick Bonino - Viktor Arvidsson
Colin Blackwell - Kyle Turris - Craig Smith

Roman Josi - Yannick Weber
Mattias Ekholm - Dante Fabbro
Dan Hamhuis - Matt Irwin

Maple Leafs Lines
Zach Hyman - Auston Matthews - Mitch Marner
Alex Kerfoot - John Tavares - William Nylander
Andreas Johnsson - Pierre Engvall - Kasperi Kapanen
Trevor Moore - Frederik Gauthier - Jason Spezza

Jake Muzzin - Justin Holl
Travis Dermott - Tyson Barrie
Rasmus Sandin - Cody Ceci

(Goalies and Lines subject to change as more info becomes available)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Finally back at it. Other than a Win what do you want to see from the team or individuals tonight that could be the effect of the new coach?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Finally back at it. Other than a Win what do you want to see from the team or individuals tonight that could be the effect of the new coach?

I'm looking for us to continue to play with the structure we had in the Blackhawks, Jets, and Sabres games and stay away from playing "hero" hockey where people try to do everything themselves. The other thing that needs to start turning around soon and remains a top priority if we're going to turn this season around is special teams play.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
These are the same lines from the Sabres game in which we played pretty well. The Johansen line is an attempt at a shutdown defensive line and was used to shutdown Eichel in that game. Granted Johansen and Jarnkrok were on the ice for the one goal against in that game.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I'm looking for us to continue to play with the structure we had in the Blackhawks, Jets, and Sabres games and stay away from playing "hero" hockey where people try to do everything themselves. The other thing that needs to start turning around soon and remains a top priority if we're going to turn this season around is special teams play.
Agreed the continued structure is top on my list. I'd also like to see the controlled breakouts lead to good Ozone entries and more sustained pressure and determination which would be a step forward from "hero hockey". (I like that term and I'm gonna steal it!)
I think the special teams will come along with the evolution of the things listed. If they are dedicated to playing structured and determined hockey 5 on 5 special teams should fall in line.

Some things I'll be watching on a more individual level:
Is Johanson's line matched up with Matthews and can they get the job done with this personnel?
Will Fabbro continue to improve or has the injury and grind of the NHL catching him?
Will Arvidsson look a little quicker after the break allowing his injury a chance to heal a little more?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i would like to see forsberg after the break with a new mindset. simple hockey. he's been playing hero hockey going back to last year and i am sick of it.

johansen is someone who has to elevate his game starting tonight.

our forwards just have to start producing period on a nightly basis. i am about fed up with all of them.

Reactions: NNCbama

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Leafs fans seem to be about as nervous as us right now. Frederik Andersen isn't playing at the top of his game recently and the Leafs have won just once in their last six games, against the Devils. They scored just three combined goals in the two games prior to the ASG, both at home.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
The Johansen-Jarnkrok-Watson has been put together to stop the Mathews line; with Jarnkrok and Watson they are not together to generate offense but perhaps they will. Strange for Smith to be off the Bonino line which has performed so well. Trenin will be missed, I think.
It still scares me that Weber, Irwin and Hamhuis will all be in the lineup on the same night. This is really a weakness and Preds used to be so solid on D. Pekka better be sharp.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Hynes's Devils won 3-6 after 18-19 ASG break.
Leafs are pretty sloppy after breaks.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks, I found this a while back in a self deprecating HF Leaf thread, evidence that many of their members have a great sense of humour and thought I’d share:
9034003A-1862-45E5-A816-4F6F0B82FF8B.jpeg

Pekka is in tonight and he's sitting at .899 sv%. A solid game from him could finally push him over .900 on the season.

I couldn't find Leaf players falling but it is a Maple Tree.
D8401ADD-E020-42E0-A24E-2D153E204A6F.gif

Reactions: Byrddog and 7even
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad