Post-Game Talk: Predators vs JAWS - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Eh. The team seems to be doing just fine without them. I hope this is the time Poile adds players which actually help propel the team deep into the playoffs. Here's to me hoping.

Well, we're adding Franson to a defense that allowed 43 shots and Santarelli to an offense that just witnessed Pekka stand on his head. We're certainly a great team, but I welcome the help.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Just got back from the game. Paid $21 for seats in the 300s and sat in 115 about 10 rows off the glass. It was awesome. The sequence of saves by Rinne was unbelievable.

I'm also excited to see what FF9 can do when Santa gets on that line. I think that will be a legitimate scoring line rather than FF9 just carrying Beck or setting up Jarnkrok to no avail.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
What a night- we win, Blues get destroyed at home.

Head out on the road with a 6 point division lead with our two new players- life is good right now....

And kudos to the fans- over 8,000 showed up tonight which is pretty awesome considering- and on TV it sounded exactly like the usual packed house- AWESOME JOB FANS :yo::yo::handclap::handclap:

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Even ESPN can't avoid showing the Rinne highlights every night. They have the "coming up next" blurb at the top left of the screen for Sportscenter and all it is is a picture of Pekka Rinne. He can't be stopped.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Any time we have the chance to pound that ******* Scott Hannan into the ice, I am happy to do so. He sucked so hard when he played here, I really think he was trying to throw games. Bum.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Fun night! The drive home was smooth sailing and took the same amount of time as normal. Far better than the drive to the arena. Well done TDOT. Well done Preds!

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Using my incredible foresight (and a roommate who has no issue with winter driving) decided to buy the cheapest tickets we could find on stubhub for about $11. We ended up snagging third row from the glass seats in 114, talk about getting bang for your buck. Fantastic atmosphere down there, definitely up there with the best Predator games I've been to. Five goals helps too.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Doc you not watchin roundball?

its weird, this team is so awesome when they are playing good that watching them when they are only playing ok is annoying, because you just know they can do so much better... they played pretty crappy and still beat UT by 16...

which is why I was glad I kept the hockey game on, the hockey game turned out to be worth watching...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I love when smith or someone who gets ragged on like Gaustad play well, the people never pipe up then.

I'll pipe up... its about damn time Smith stepped up... he's been given favorable linemates forever and still hibernates for extended periods... his two goals tonight will make his season numbers look better but if he goes back into hididng for the next ten games the he wont have proven anything to me other than that he is this teams version of Martin Erat... which isnt bad but certainly isnt fantastic

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
its weird, this team is so awesome when they are playing good that watching them when they are only playing ok is annoying, because you just know they can do so much better... they played pretty crappy and still beat UT by 16...

which is why I was glad I kept the hockey game on, the hockey game turned out to be worth watching...

Haha I was toggling between commercials between the Preds the roundball and the Sabres game. This Genie box from Direct is amazing.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Eh. The team seems to be doing just fine without them. I hope this is the time Poile adds players which actually help propel the team deep into the playoffs. Here's to me hoping.

But we are not replacing any key players. Franson will kick Bitetto back to the AHL where he belongs. When Ellis returns, Bartley goes back to his 7th d-man role.

Santorelli will takes Beck's spot on the third line. While I like Beck, he hasn't really done anything that we are going to miss.

Adding both players to the mix should be seamless. We will only be better.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I can only hope and pray that Nystrom gets benched. Bourque showed again last night why he deserves to be in the lineup. Beck did to a lesser degree. Nystrom was invisible all night long. I'd bump Beck down to the fourth line and let Nystrom sit. Santorelli slides in with Forsberg and Jarnkrok and gives teams fits with their speed.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Are people truly afraid of Nashville? Like really deep down do people actually think they can beat the Hawks in 7? I just don't see it.

They are secretly a 2 line team and those 2 lines aren't even that impressive. They rely on a rookie for their scoring. The kid is Teravainen's age. Their second scorer is charmin soft Ribeiro. I just think their offense is going to dry up almost completely when they actually play games that matter. Sure their defense and goaltending is great, but NEWSFLASH they give up more G/A then the Blackhawks even though the Hawks D corp has been getting killed on this board.

They are the weakest team down the middle that will be in the playoffs.

Not to mention that it is shaping up for them to play Minny/SJS/LA first round. I think I take Minny and LA easily against them and SJS who knows.

I just don't see it.

Found this in CHI's Around the NHL Thread. I really freaking hope we at least get to the WCF this year so this crap can end.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Found this in CHI's Around the NHL Thread. I really freaking hope we at least get to the WCF this year so this crap can end.

I understand there skepticism, fact is, it has happened before, until we get out of the 2nd round on a consistent basis, the stigma that we're a paper tiger will remain

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

In the West we're "small" down the middle, but not weak. The East doesn't have near the monsters the west does.

I think this is the "genious" in how Lavy has rolled the lines this year - and why I don't think we'll redistribute time as much as many think. Goose and the 4th bring size, and if they're aren't "out quicked" they are effective. Bourque helps a lot in that regard, and an option to go with Beck instead of Nystrom helps, too. They play the opposition 1st lines awfully tough, and then you got Fish (depending on who his wings are) that can play stand-up D with almost any line.

As for the OP about "not being scared of Nash" - well, we've not gotten past the 2nd yet, so we've not earned it. I think that's why home ice is important and we need to keep our foot on it - this team is magic at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad