Post-Game Talk: Predators vs JAWS - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I predict the lowest attendance of the season tonight. I'll probably be staying in as well. :(

There is no doubt about that- in fact its probably going to be the smallest crowd at Bridgestone in a long, long time- too bad we weren't on the road today.......

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
No crowd. No energy. No giddy-up. No jam. No points.

4-2 loss

Pretty sure I'll be there but I don't expect more than about 7 or 8 thousand honestly. I'm sure the players and coaches understand why and what's going on. It would be pretty cool and impressive though if we were somehow able to bring in even a halfway decent crowd.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Here we are with an important game in late February against perennial playoff team Sharks, and we are sitting here with a SIXTEEN point lead over them and have 2 games in hand.

Crazy...........

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Be safe out there fans!

Back to back this weekend, and after two days off, I assume Pekka is in. Sharks are always fun to watch. Hope the new guys are in!

Go Preds!!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Not snow ... ice.

Exactly. That's the problem. We were supposed to get 4-7 inches depending on where you live and what forecast you watch, but it was just all ice.

How much snow did Nashvegas get? Surprised there would be an issue getting to the arena. Go Perds!

Let's put it this way, basically everything is shutdown today again. It takes quite a bit for the Governor to call off work for the entire state government and that's what he did last night.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Exactly. That's the problem. We were supposed to get 4-7 inches depending on where you live and what forecast you watch, but it was just all ice.

Let's put it this way, basically everything is shutdown today again. It takes quite a bit for the Governor to call off work for the entire state government and that's what he did last night.
Not my father though. He drives the salt truck. :(

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's sunny today and there might be some increased road traffic around the area because of the natural mindset of "it's probably not as bad the second day"......so maybe the roads will clear off slightly.....but probably not. And it's still not supposed to get above freezing....until Saturday. It's actually kinda starting to weird me out. Never seen anything like this that has/might last this long.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So apparently it is so bad that the players can't get to the arena right now. Waiting until game time.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Can they "not get there" or are they just telling them not to worry about trying and come in later?

Probably telling them don't bother trying until later this afternoon just to be safe. Don't want injuries. Still the fact that the players aren't arriving until then is kind of crazy.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
So I don't plan on leaving the house until absolutely necessary. Anyone want to bring me some butter?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
So I don't plan on leaving the house until absolutely necessary. Anyone want to bring me some butter?

Can't help you bro ... I'm more of the walking type person when **** like this goes down ... waiting for the rain to clear up the roads this weekend... I got stir crazy this morning

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
So anybody got a guess what the lines will look like for tonight? What is the status of Franson and Santo for tonight?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I'd be more concerned about the trip home than to the arena. I haven't been out since yesterday morning so I have no idea how the primary and secondary roads to Nashville are looking. I want to go to the game tonight just to see downtown and experience a surreal game experience with so many folks probably not showing up. If I go it will probably be around 4:00 to give myself plenty of time and grab a bite downtown pre-game.

skycam_south_lg_animated_0.jpg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Fortunately me and a friend are able to ride to the game with my dad, who grew up in Chicago so he's not terribly fazed by driving in winter weather. It's not ideal but he's much less worried than I am about it. If it was just me I don't think I'd be going down tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce