GDT: Predators@Leafs 7PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Plug Marleau back playing with Matthews again? In before another Matthews slump, he plays awful while that plug Marleau is his winger. Why doesnt Babcock realize that Marleau at best a 3rd or 4th liner at this point in career? I hope he just retires with some dignity after this year instead of eating up cap space with his absurd contract.

Wouldn’t his salary still count toward the cap?

Last edited by a moderator:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yup. but in the case neither are ready, I doubt hutch gets a back to back

Will depend on what the options are. While it wasn't ideal, Sparks recently went back-to-back. Hopefully Andersen is good to go by then, if not before.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Wouldn’t his salary still count toward the cap?

I think the idea is to pay him his bonus, then trade him to a team that needs to hit the cap floor but is cash poor. They pay only 1M in real money but 6M counts against the cap. Then Marleau can retire and he's only out 1M. Of course this assumes that Marleau is OK with this, many feel that this was the plan all along considering how the contract is structured. We'll see.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I think the idea is to pay him his bonus, then trade him to a team that needs to hit the cap floor but is cash poor. They pay only 1M in real money but 6M counts against the cap. Then Marleau can retire and he's only out 1M. Of course this assumes that Marleau is OK with this, many feel that this was the plan all along considering how the contract is structured. We'll see.

Why would he be okay with that? That's the part that no one can ever seem to give a good reason for. This is his last chance to win a cup and even if we did win it this season, why would he want to leave a team that just won a cup for what's likely his last season.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
At the game tonight hoping to see lots of skill on display. Rinne or Saros tonight ??

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Obviously this is only in the Leafs case... so maybe it just goes along even more with my point but... funny. . The least amount of penalties taken... least amount of powerplay opportunities.

It's like ... you guys play to clean so f*** you ... no Powerplays for you. I think it directly relates to our powerplay not being as good as it should be. Don't get me wrong... it's still pretty damn good... but 41 games played... 109 opportunities . That's a f***ing joke. The more chances. . The better groove you have... the more goals you score. Hard with only approx 2.6 Powerplays per game and being one of the better teams and higher scoring teams as well. Feels like a punishment because you know... we'd score too much then.

It's fine when the refs put away this whistles. It's another when I don't know about the majority of Leaf fans but sure seems to be a correlation here... surprise surprise.

Conspiracy theories aside.... f*** you refs... and as long as we keep paying for those shitty small market teams right.

Okay I had my rant for the day.

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Plug Marleau back playing with Matthews again? In before another Matthews slump, he plays awful while that plug Marleau is his winger. Why doesnt Babcock realize that Marleau at best a 3rd or 4th liner at this point in career? I hope he just retires with some dignity after this year instead of eating up cap space with his absurd contract.
If he retires, leafs don't get any caproom

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kaskisuo is barely an acceptable AHL goalie. I would be shocked if he gets any starts

It's a little harsh but he has been struggling. He showed last year that he's definitely capable. Maybe some really bad luck? Or maybe his last injury really hampered his abilities?

Should be interesting to see.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Yeah Hainsey wasn't tired at all - noone saw that
And Andersen was himself

Continue to run them out there Mike

I don't think Andersen was tired, I just don't think he played well. My only complaint about Andersen is that he can get a little streaky sometimes and when he's bad, he's bad.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Yeah Hainsey wasn't tired at all - noone saw that
And Andersen was himself

Continue to run them out there Mike

Hainsey wasn't tired, he just sucks. No way a professional athlete should be tired come playoff time. Thats complete nonsense and a lousy excuse. Im guessing nobody on Washington was tired.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Obviously this is only in the Leafs case... so maybe it just goes along even more with my point but... funny. . The least amount of penalties taken... least amount of powerplay opportunities.

It's like ... you guys play to clean so **** you ... no Powerplays for you. I think it directly relates to our powerplay not being as good as it should be. Don't get me wrong... it's still pretty damn good... but 41 games played... 109 opportunities . That's a ****ing joke. The more chances. . The better groove you have... the more goals you score. Hard with only approx 2.6 Powerplays per game and being one of the better teams and higher scoring teams as well. Feels like a punishment because you know... we'd score too much then.

It's fine when the refs put away this whistles. It's another when I don't know about the majority of Leaf fans but sure seems to be a correlation here... surprise surprise.

Conspiracy theories aside.... **** you refs... and as long as we keep paying for those ****ty small market teams right.

Okay I had my rant for the day.

I’m sure the refs have missed calls but I don’t think it’s any more or any less than any other team.

I think it’s more a function of the Leafs playing on the outside rather than in the middle of the rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad