Rumor: Predators interested in Hoffman

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Bergevin just waiting to make an offer sheet for Cirelli. :box:
God I hope not, we have a Cirelli in Danault. A+ defensive game, C- offensive game but gets carried by linemates so creates an optical illusion.
Given all that yeah you are probably right it’s a lateral move he would make

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I could see $6 million a season based on what toffoli just got. Hoffman is a lot better than tt.
Toffoli signed lower than I expected to be honest.

I do think Hoffman will be overpaid for this market due to the moves certain teams moved value for cap and haven’t used it...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I could see $6 million a season based on what toffoli just got. Hoffman is a lot better than tt.

He’s got a better goal scoring record so should get paid more than TT but I don’t think he’s substantially better. TT is not exactly a complete 200’ player but Hoffman may be one of the most one dimensional players in the league.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Sign Hoffman 5 years x 5.5 million
Trade Grimaldi for Dzingel
Trade a late pick to Edmonton for Jujhar Khaira, a younger, cheaper Austin Watson.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Dzingel-Duchene-Hoffman
Jarnkrok-Sissons-Kunin
Khaira-Cousins-Richardson
McCarron, X

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Boro-Benning
Tinordi

Assuming Kunin gets around $3 million on a 3-4 year deal that leaves $2.8 million for two forwards. Pretty good.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sign Hoffman 5 years x 5.5 million
Trade Grimaldi for Dzingel
Trade a late pick to Edmonton for Jujhar Khaira, a younger, cheaper Austin Watson.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Dzingel-Duchene-Hoffman
Jarnkrok-Sissons-Kunin
Khaira-Cousins-X
McCarron, X

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Fabbro
Boro-Benning
Tinordi

Assuming Kunin gets around $3 million on a 3-4 year deal that leaves $2.8 million for two forwards. Pretty good.

I assume Trenin and Tolvanen will be back from the KHL to at least compete for those open spots? Really like Trenin’s game.

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
Iirc the parts haven’t transitioned into results? Kind of like Florida pre-Hoffman?

Oh I was just saying how bad our PP is, regardless of the line. We need a boost there badly but if he can’t drive it it may not work out well. IE competent players/coaching is lacking on the PP.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Oh I was just saying how bad our PP is, regardless of the line. We need a boost there badly but if he can’t drive it it may not work out well. IE competent players/coaching is lacking on the PP.
He can drive the power play: literally the PP is pass to Hoffman at right faceoff.

you need decent enough players to pass to Hoffman so he can onetime which I hope Josi and Duchene are ;)

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I may be wrong, but isn't he good for about 55-60 pts? That's certainly $6 mil or more.

He had 70pts in Florida season before last and exactly half of them were on the powerplay. His production is very PP reliant. I doubt he repeats a season like that without a potent PP group like he had with Barkov-Huberdeau-Dadonov-Yandle.

Best case in Nashville is probably 60 points if not even less. Seems to be a glass ceiling for forwards of <70pts in Nashville to begin with and if the PP looks average so too will Hoffman.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
No way is Hoffman gonna get that.

I guess he get that 6,5-7 Million, beside that one 93 Points Year. Hoffmans Numbers are better or the same as Hall and both a only forwards and so both are playing.
Only Hoffman showed in the PO some kind of defensiv thinking too. So yes he can and will ask for min 6.5 to max. 7,5 Million long term with atleast a 3 Years NTC.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I guess he get that 6,5-7 Million, beside that one 93 Points Year. Hoffmans Numbers are better or the same as Hall and both a only forwards and so both are playing.
Only Hoffman showed in the PO some kind of defensiv thinking too. So yes he can and will ask for min 6.5 to max. 7,5 Million long term with atleast a 3 Years NTC.
Only thing against that is that Hall was getting long term offers below 6 somehow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad