Rumor: Predators interested in Hoffman

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
That'd be a good consolation prize. Kind of puts a damper on Tolvanen/Tomasino/Trenin getting top 6 minutes like Poile said they might, but I think it makes us a better team.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Makes sense with Hall gone to Buffalo

My Habs will have to settle for scraps again, Kovalchuk come on down you’re the last contestant on MBs list

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers can’t sign him. They have no cap space.
that's part of it. They'd make some dumb trade to get Russell out, where we give up a pick or something, then buy out Neal and be saddled with 1.9 AAV buyout hit till 2026 or whatever it is

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
that's part of it. They'd make some dumb trade to get Russell out, where we give up a pick or something, then buy out Neal and be saddled with 1.9 AAV buyout hit till 2026 or whatever it is

It's too late to buy out Neal now (unless the team acquires an RFA headed to arbitration) and Russell is probably an easy sell to some cash-strapped team like Ottawa given he's only owed $1.5 million in real money next year.

Having said that, at least one more of Khaira or Chiasson would have to be moved as well. It's a lot of work just to sign a second-tier FA so your wish probably comes true.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’m guessing Hoff gets the big long term contract that Hall would have been offered so like 6.5-7M a year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad