Rumor: Predators interested in Hoffman

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Only thing against that is that Hall was getting long term offers below 6 somehow

cause he missed near a whole Season and dont even do a move away from his 1 Way Game.
And Hoffmann scored by far more Goals then Hall did. So the better Goal Scorer straight from the Numbers is Hoffman. You delievere you prove it, you get. so is sports, so you get payed by Buisness.
Sorry Hall scored 40 more Goals with more Season. But Hoffman scored concistent and that counts and he stays healthy, that counts too. Everything beside this Media thing years ago speaks for him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
With Toffoli getting 4.25M and the days going I’d say under 6M for Hoffman

Toffoli scored less, less points, but more Games then Hoffman. Better 2 Way Game but no pure Scorer. Scorer get payed, you win with Goals not with Tieing Games.
I say he will get lowest 6,5 Million, with some term.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Toffoli scored less, less points, but more Games then Hoffman. Better 2 Way Game but no pure Scorer. Scorer get payed, you win with Goals not with Tieing Games.
Toffoli is a goal scorer too. Hoffman has had far better linemates for years. I thought Hoffman did nothing outside of scoring.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Toffoli is 3 years younger, better overall player

Flat cap, Covid budgets, 4th day of free agency
The longer this goes the lower the price goes

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Toffoli is 3 years younger, better overall player

Flat cap, Covid budgets, 4th day of free agency
The longer this goes the lower the price goes
Lol, toffoli is not better than Hoffman. By by a mile. He’s better defensively by a slim margin but that’s about where the buck stops.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lol, toffoli is not better than Hoffman. By by a mile. He’s better defensively by a slim margin but that’s about where the buck stops.

I said better overall player.

Not better player

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Got to be just a matter of time before this trade goes through
I think it’s probably something with teams that were in Hall and Pietro need to decide how much to offer. both Dady and Hoff could return to Florida for a redo next season if the offers aren’t great

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I said better overall player.

Not better player
huh-r8odlp.jpg

Reactions: TheNewKid

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
After all the moves made in the last couple days i'd be shocked if Hoffman doesn't end up in Nashville. Winger for Duchene and a 2nd shooter besides Forsberg for one of the PP units.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This Hoffmann-guy could be the best fit for Nashville.

You have never had as good left-handed shooter on the right side on PP. Josi could feed deadle passes for him to shoot one-timers. And his one-timer is damn deadly.

He is everything people are hoping Eeli Tolvanen would become, but maybe will never be. Time to make a shortcut.

Hoffman - Johansen - Arvidsson
Forsberg - Duchene - Järnkrok
Trenin - Kunin - Grimaldi
Cousins - Richardson - Sissons
(Tolvanen)

Josi - Ellis
Ekholm - Fabbro
Borowiecki - Benning
(Tinordi)

Rinne/Saros

Reactions: Scoresberg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I said it before, but Nashville could sign Hoffman and probably trade pretty cheaply for Ryan Dzingel to reunite them with Matt Duchene. That line was very good for Ottawa in the time they were together and would get to play behind Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson.

Just sign Duclair instead of trading for Dzingel, Duclair is a just as good if not better ex-sen and can play both wings. I guess his contract demands might be higher than Dzingels though...

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
It's awful timing for Hoffman to be hitting FA. He's turning 31 next month so it's probably his last chance to cash in and nobody has any money to pay him what he would have gotten in a normal year.

I'm guessing he ends up signing somewhere for 4x$5M just to lock in the job security to age 35. He won't get a long seven year deal unless he takes an even bigger haircut on the AAV and he won't get any huge $7M AAV either unless he signs for a year like Hall did. Landing somewhere in between is the likely scenario.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wonder if he is willing to sign a 1 year in hope of a better market in 2021 or at this point take the best money deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->