Predators in WC 2015 in Prague.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Then you trade Ellis. He might be more valuable than Ekholm anyway. No need to trade one of the top 3 if we are not desperate to. I don't think we are. If we can score 1 overtime goal, we might be in the western finals right now.

I think we are desperate, we have never made it to the WCF & we have NEVER had an above average #1 Center ... EVER

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Finland just lost to Czech Republic. Jagr had the GWG that Rinne should have had. Oh well.

Sweden got unlucky against Russia after tying the game it let one in off of skate of their own player.

Still what a great showing for our Preds: Forsberg, Rinne, Josi, Ekholm, Fiala,Saros and of course Jones, Moses, Vesey who are still in it (to win it :))

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
(inappropriate USA gif that I'm not posting because it would get me banned from this site but is my default gif for USA sports)

'Merica!

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think we are way over thinking this Weber/Jones/Pekka deal. We had the top team in the NHL for 3/4 of the year. Why change it? Yes, we need help, but don't deal one of our best players to do it. Fiala/Victor/Moses will help next year. Smith or Wilson can move back to C. I agree that we probably need to deal one of our top 5 dman. Why not one of Ellis or Ekholm? Jones on the 2nd line is probably best for him. Id prefer to move Ekholm. Jones wont be an UFA for a few years. Why not keep all 3? A dman plus prospect can fetch a solid center or right handed winger. We don't need to over think this. Don't go crazy because we couldn't score a goal in 5 OT periods.

You mean while we were sporting a 103.3 PDO on the back of Rinne's save percentage that was 2 points higher than anyone has ever finished with in the history of the NHL? That when it finally regressed to the mean, the team fell off the deep end?'

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
(looks up at thread title)
(looks at all the trade talk)
(wonders if the posters realize they're in the wrong thread)

Have you checked out any of the other threads? They're pretty much all over the place.

There's a process. First we grieve, then we pick apart the team/coach, then we chill, then we fight, then we talk hockey. I'm in chill mode right now.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Haha pretty much every thread during the off season tends to become a mixture of the Observations and OT threads at some point.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
The moderation does become a little lax in the offseason. As long as everyone is civil, there's not much reason to step on toes. If it becomes an issue one of the 3 of us will step in and get stuff organized.

I will say since the WC is still relevant, please keep the talk in this thread to WC related discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad