Predators in WC 2015 in Prague.

gela

Dec 26, 2013
Nashville
The shorthanded give-and-go was nice, but overall the game was horrible. No communication.

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
Amazing goal by josi 2:0 vs france (also great play from fiala)

Handlanger

Mar 28, 2008
Amazing goal by josi 2:0 vs france (also great play from fiala)

Fiala is offensively by far the best player on ice - with 18 years.
Defensively though, he is FULL of brainfarts., refusing to do the simple plays.

Good thing is - this can be taught

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Forsberg with a PS goal so far, should have gotten a secondary assist and the reffs absolutely robbed him of another really nice assist. Should have been 1+2..

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Pretty frustrating to see our guy having such good tourny's. Was gonna brag bout Jones for his solid game and just as I start to type the brainfart hits and Russia burns him and Campbell. It is no surprise FF9 is doin well with that larger sheet of ice, more space he is deadly.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Pretty frustrating to see our guy having such good tourny's. Was gonna brag bout Jones for his solid game and just as I start to type the brainfart hits and Russia burns him and Campbell. It is no surprise FF9 is doin well with that larger sheet of ice, more space he is deadly.

Frustrating because.........????

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
Just watched the highlights. Jones should be getting something nice from the Kremlin for the gift of the second goal he gave the Russkies. Steered the puck right into the goal.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just watched the highlights. Jones should be getting something nice from the Kremlin for the gift of the second goal he gave the Russkies. Steered the puck right into the goal.

It was just some bad luck- overall Jones played another excellent game.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
98% of the time Jones is playing excellent, it's the 2% that everyone likes to look at though. You got to let a 20 year old make his mistakes. He will be excellent by the time he is 24, like Ellis, and Josi.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Whether it's for the Preds or USA, it's uncanny the frequency of mistakes by Jones that lead to goals for the other team. He could play a tremendous game, make one mistake and the mistake would lead to a goal. This doesn't help his perception.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
98% of the time Jones is playing excellent, it's the 2% that everyone likes to look at though. You got to let a 20 year old make his mistakes. He will be excellent by the time he is 24, like Ellis, and Josi.

Yep. His good play is frequently ignored around here while his mistakes - mistakes I remember a young Weber and Suter making - get whined about over and over again. I will never understand why people here want to run this 20-year old kid off and label him a bust. :shakehead

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Whether it's for the Preds or USA, it's uncanny the frequency of mistakes by Jones that lead to goals for the other team. He could play a tremendous game, make one mistake and the mistake would lead to a goal. This doesn't help his perception.

Hyperbole.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hyperbole.

which part? the part about playing great the whole game, or the one mistake?

Now, seriously, I dont think anyone is going to say Jones is a "bust" but he does make his share of mistakes.

As for 'running him off' I dont think anyone want to dump him for picks or scraps, but everyone knows we need a big time upgrade at center, and if its gonna come by trade, Jones is the only thing we have to offer that is both enticing enough to another team to get them to give up a really good player, and also an asset that we have an excess of already.

Just remember, Jones will be no more than a 2nd pair D man for at least another 5 years(the end of Josi's current deal). You can make an argument that it is in both his and the teams best interest to trade him now.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Just remember, Jones will be no more than a 2nd pair D man for at least another 5 years(the end of Josi's current deal). You can make an argument that it is in both his and the teams best interest to trade him now.
Even though Poile obviously loves him some Jones and the pick wasn't a shock in the least, it seems a bit odd that he would pick him if he thought he'd be on the 3rd pair for his first 5 seasons. Jones is more flexible than Ellis, as Ellis is basically stuck to the 2nd pair which is obviously why Jones went from 3rd to 1st to replace Weber. No way is Ellis playing the top pair. It's just a jumble of defensive talent and I have no idea how it'll pan out or what Poile might think his best options are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad