Predators Hockey Discussion II

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think Trenin+ will be traded for a top 6. Statistically, McCarron is getting similar stats to Trenin for quiet possibly 1/3rd the price. Financially, I can see it...but penny wise, pound foolish.
I'd be concerned about whether or not McCarron can have the same chemistry with Sissons and Jeannot that Trenin has.

Besides, there's better options for getting another top-6 forward. :cough:cough:nyquist:cough: ;)

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think Trenin+ will be traded for a top 6. Statistically, McCarron is getting similar stats to Trenin for quiet possibly 1/3rd the price. Financially, I can see it...but penny wise, pound foolish.
I mean, I guess points per game are similar mainly because McCarron didn't play as much but watching the game, Trenin is a legit NHL player, I'm not sure McCarron is.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Trenin>McCarron by far, speed, skating, puck handling/moving. He's definitely better on tape and proven himself in the league last year. I don't see him being traded away. I think we just stand pat and let the dice roll the rest of the off-season.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Trenin is a true middle six forward ... 2nd or 3rd line is a question still. McCarron is an adequate 4th liner who fills that role well but hasn't shown anything to indicate he'll be challenging for 2nd line minutes and scoring.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Trenin is a true middle six forward ... 2nd or 3rd line is a question still. McCarron is an adequate 4th liner who fills that role well but hasn't shown anything to indicate he'll be challenging for 2nd line minutes and scoring.
Trenin and McCarron have almost the same G/60 and McCarron has a higher P/60 5v5 last season. Trenin is pretty obviously the better player than McCarron but it’s kind of funny you just ignore the stats you’ve been beating us over the head with about Kunin all of a sudden.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Trenin and McCarron have almost the same G/60 and McCarron has a higher P/60 5v5 last season. Trenin is pretty obviously the better player than McCarron but it’s kind of funny you just ignore the stats you’ve been beating us over the head with about Kunin all of a sudden.

I didn't just use g/60 ... I used in in conjunction with other details. It isn't funny that you omit that but only taking part of what I said then arguing against it is exactly what I expect here. Now what has McCarron done to indicate he'll be competing for 2nd line minutes? When you have to concede it is absolutely nothing, then be an adult and offer your mea culpa.

As for Kunin's stats, I didn't say we needed Kunin. I said we needed to replace his output. A key difference that it seems you chose to ignore.

I have plenty of pine straw in my back yard if you need more for your straw man arguments. Feel free to come rake it up and take it away. I'll look forward to seeing it fill your posts.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I didn't just use g/60 ... I used in in conjunction with other details. It isn't funny that you omit that but only taking part of what I said then arguing against it is exactly what I expect here. Now what has McCarron done to indicate he'll be competing for 2nd line minutes? When you have to concede it is absolutely nothing, then be an adult and offer your mea culpa.

As for Kunin's stats, I didn't say we needed Kunin. I said we needed to replace his output. A key difference that it seems you chose to ignore.

I have plenty of pine straw in my back yard if you need more for your straw man arguments. Feel free to come rake it up and take it away. I'll look forward to seeing it fill your posts.
I don't have time to respond to your illogical retorts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad