Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Not necessarily, getting past the cognitive tests and aerobic stress test (typically biking) are bigger hurdles, then a hard skating workout. Usually the rest falls in line pretty quick if you don't rush the first part.
No two concussions are alike obviously, but I've had a few and would have been in no state to skate or do aerobic activity while still dealing with symptoms.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
it is possible that nashville is just too good of a city and the guys on the team really enjoy each other as people away from the game of hockey. it has always seemed way too “chill” for me. i was pushing for some fresh blood on the bottom 6 3-4 years ago. something always just seemed off with this core. i can’t put my finger on it. i had a bad feeling when we put up a stinker in the playoffs and the players asked for another chance (wtf?) and poile said okay. it’s been a slow decline ever since.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
No two concussions are alike obviously, but I've had a few and would have been in no state to skate or do aerobic activity while still dealing with symptoms.
Exactly, the "steps" are incremental increases in activity with no symptoms.

So technically the first step is obviously no symptoms while resting. No sensitivity to light or sound and cognitive baseline tests.

Then biking with increasing intensity.

Once you get through that with no reoccurrance of symptoms they'll put you on skates and progressively intensify the workouts until it's time for light contact....and so on.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Assuming that Joey is out for a few games at least the team needs to call up one, if not two, forwards witth the road trip. Evangalista is doing well so him and either Sherwood or Jankowski if the team chooses to carry an extra forward.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Imagine knowing that Novak, Parsinnen, Glass, and Tolvanen would all prove themselves to be solid options too. I’d have thought we were going for the division title.
Of course there are a bunch of flip side regressions too that I wouldn’t have believed. 5 goals for Jeannot, less than 10pts from Carrier and Fabbro, :(

I guess that’s why they play the games. :)

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I still call BS on the "Hynes' system is fine" and "the coaches know all the systems and schemes and just have to get their message through".

Hockey is actually a highly-strategical game, although less so in NA where the ice surface is much smaller.

I'll dig into few, most pressing problems we have in my opinion:

In the DZ, our coverage is actually good from the point, as you can see from the graph below. What's the problem here is that our center is usually covering the center of the ice in a wide range, and that leaves the center often vulnerable as the wingers are not quick enough to cover the center going for coverage up the ice. That's why we're allowing so many (quality) shots from the low-slot.

preds def.png

How to fix this problem, then? I'd start with implementing a stricter zone defense policy, which might lead to longer cycles against but limits quality chances for the opposition from the best scoring spots. This is also a more energy-conserving strategy which could lead to more dangerous rush chances for us.

You could also go with a more man-to-man defense, but I'm afraid our slow-footed team would get eaten up against faster teams in that scheme. A more covering, a more stagnant zone defense is the better way as we also need to slow the pace of the game down - something we haven't been able to do under Hynes and that is why the series against Colorado last playoffs looked so ugly.

If you want slow the game down (and we should slow the game down as we are a slow, heavy team) you need to clog up the NZ. Well, how are you going to do that with two of your wingers hounding the puck in the OZ and getting constantly left behind the play? That also leaves us with the problem of the distances between the five-man unit getting way too long. If you look at Carolina for example, you usually see all their five guys within the same frame - an event that rarely occurs with us.

Reactions: predhead1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad