Predators Hockey Discussion 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
With the current lineup and regression of some teams in the division I can see the 22-23 team being a 105-110 point team.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Central division as I see it

Colorado
Min/stl/nsh
Dal/wpg
Chi/ari

Colorado even after losing some talent should be at the top

Min lost some talent and will battle with Nashville and stl for 2-4

Dallas got weaker
Winnipeg is basically the same as last season

Chicago and Arizona in a race to the bottom

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'm probably rolling into next year with:

Forsberg - Granlund - Duchene
Niederraiter - Johansen - Tomasino
Jeannot - Glass - Tolvanen
Trenin - Sissons - Sanford

I want to surround Glass at least a bit amount of talent and not only the leftovers from the team. If we could realize his potential, we'd look real good next year.

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
Central division as I see it

Colorado
Min/stl/nsh
Dal/wpg
Chi/ari

Colorado even after losing some talent should be at the top

Min lost some talent and will battle with Nashville and stl for 2-4

Dallas got weaker
Winnipeg is basically the same as last season

Chicago and Arizona in a race to the bottom
If Stl or Dal manages to snag Tk that will alter my thinking but as of now I this is pretty spot on.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If Stl or Dal manages to snag Tk that will alter my thinking but as of now I this is pretty spot on.
Stl is up against the cap and dal will be after extending oettinger and Robertson. Depending on what they have to give up to be cap compliant it might not really alter much.
I'm probably rolling into next year with:

Forsberg - Granlund - Duchene
Niederraiter - Johansen - Tomasino
Jeannot - Glass - Tolvanen
Trenin - Sissons - Sanford

I want to surround Glass at least a bit amount of talent and not only the leftovers from the team. If we could realize his potential, we'd look real good next year.
Given the team as we have now that’s a pretty good starting place. Though I’d love to see glass center Tolvanen and tomasino as well

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The way the lines seem to shake out right now this team should easily be over 3 goals for per game. Even conservatively you would think the lines would score at least the following.

1st.....80
2nd.....60
3rd......45
4th......30
D.........25

I would expect the goals against to be around 2.5 this season which is a recipe to win a good amount of games.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Central is definitely shaping up to be interesting. I feel like the Wild overperformed last season and then lost the driving force behind their second line in losing Fiala. St. Louis lost Husso and Binnington has been up and down so if he struggles again they could be in rough shape. Stars are likely losing Klingberg although I think DeBoer may be an improvement in the coaching department so who knows with them. It's still pretty clearly the Avs division to lose but Georgiev/Francouz is a questionable goaltending duo and losing Kadri (unless they get him back by some miracle) will hurt them a fair bit too.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Central is definitely shaping up to be interesting. I feel like the Wild overperformed last season and then lost the driving force behind their second line in losing Fiala. St. Louis lost Husso and Binnington has been up and down so if he struggles again they could be in rough shape. Stars are likely losing Klingberg although I think DeBoer may be an improvement in the coaching department so who knows with them. It's still pretty clearly the Avs division to lose but Georgiev/Francouz is a questionable goaltending duo and losing Kadri (unless they get him back by some miracle) will hurt them a fair bit too.

Avs lost Burakovsky too. Blues lost Perron to the east. Vegas sent Pacioretty to Carolina. Johnny Hockey to CBJ. How many playoff teams in the west got better during the off-season besides the Preds? Kings and Dallas?

Reactions: LCPreds

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think Dallas will be a good team, once they break loose from the Bowness Chains that have held them back.

Blues will be near the top of the West once again. That team is not slowing down.

Avs have gotten worse but no reason to think they wouldn't be at the top of the Central.

Wild will regress I think. They had huge years from guys like Hartman and Gaudreau, which I can't see happening again. They lost Fiala, I don't trust their starting goalie and their offensive depth is weak.

Jets are a mystery. On paper, they should be a playoff team especially if Hellebuyck is playing at the level he has. The locker room issues and all the fuss surrounding the team might be a distraction and I could easily see them missing the boat.

Hawks and Coyotes are trash obviously.

Vegas I think will come back this year. They're just too good not to.

Oilers will win the Pacific this year I think. They've made some solid moves and finally have some solution in net.

Kings will challenge Oilers & Vegas.

Canucks, who knows. Flames will take a nosedive.

Seattle will be better than last year, near the playoff race.

Anaheim, San Jose, nope.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Good point. In my head they added Marchment and didn't lose anyone - forgot about Klingberg, although I think he might actually come back.
I don’t see how they fit Klingberg after they extend Robertson and oettinger. They’ve got about 11M in capspace but Robertson is gonna eat up Atleast half (on short term extension) and oettinger is their starting goalie (maybe) so he might be able to command 2-3M on a year or two prove it contract. Their goaltending is pretty suspect to me. Only about two seasons worth of games played between wedgewood and oettinger.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t see how they fit Klingberg after they extend Robertson and oettinger. They’ve got about 11M in capspace but Robertson is gonna eat up Atleast half (on short term extension) and oettinger is their starting goalie (maybe) so he might be able to command 2-3M on a year or two prove it contract. Their goaltending is pretty suspect to me. Only about two seasons worth of games played between wedgewood and oettinger.
Dallas should try to lock up Robertson long term at $7-8M and Oettinger at something like 5x$5M. That’s their Cap space gone right there. But as Scoresberg said just getting away from Bowness will be huge for them.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Let me know if this is the wrong thread: Is there any Nashville fan-party planned for the Prague games? I will make my way there with some friends and was wondering if there is going to be a Nashville bar or something in town or around the arena.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So the main board has a thread about Top 5 and Bottom 5 D corps. There’s a pretty broad consensus placing us in the Top 5. Surely the Vezina rankings say we also have Top 5 goaltending right?

Just how bad are our forwards then? Granted a fair bit is riding on guys repeating somewhat unexpected numbers last season. But higher numbers were fairly common around the league in general last year right? Are our forwards worse than middle of the pack?

Then if you have Top 5 defenders and goaltending and even just middle of the pack forwards, is that not a pretty good team? :dunno:

Or when the standings predictions come out against that, could it be something else? Coaching? What gives?
:dunno:

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So the main board has a thread about Top 5 and Bottom 5 D corps. There’s a pretty broad consensus placing us in the Top 5. Surely the Vezina rankings say we also have Top 5 goaltending right?

Just how bad are our forwards then? Granted a fair bit is riding on guys repeating somewhat unexpected numbers last season. But higher numbers were fairly common around the league in general last year right? Are our forwards worse than middle of the pack?

Then if you have Top 5 defenders and goaltending and even just middle of the pack forwards, is that not a pretty good team? :dunno:

Or when the standings predictions come out against that, could it be something else? Coaching? What gives?
:dunno:
Simple. Our defense isn’t top 5. At least not in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad