Confirmed with Link: Predators hire Peter Laviolette

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
Some quotes from the Lavy introduction today from Twitter

@Cellblock303: Laviolette on Craig Smith at World Championships: "There's nothing he does on the ice that you don't like." #Preds

@RStanley247: Laviolette said Seth Jones was outstanding and deserved every vote he got for best defenseman in the World Championships.

@JoshuaCooper: Laviolette said he got to spend a lot of time talking to Pekka at the worlds

@Cellblock303: Applause erupts from fans here. MT @justinbbradford: "I'd rather play w/ the puck & play somewhere else other than my end." - Laviolette

@JoshuaCooper: Laviolette asked about defining coaching roles. Laviolette says needs to sit down with McCarthy, Korn, Housley and Lambert

@PredlinesNSH: Assistant coach McCarthy says Laviolette works on offense differently than any other coach he's been around. #Preds

@Cellblock303: "I can't tell you how many people have reached out and said 'You're going to one of the best cities in the league.'" - Laviolette. #Preds

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
More tweets: Justin Bradford

The final question from the crowd was more of a request, would he introduce his family to us? He had mentioned them numerous times during the session. He looked at them in the back row, asked and they were happy to join him on the stage. I think they all got a big kick out of that as it was unexpected.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
needs to sit down with Korn... so it's not a definite that he's following Trotz? Unexpected but awesome if he's staying.

Korn is still under contract till June 30th. Poile wants to keep Korn so it is up to Lavy to talk to him and convince him to stay. Korn will then make the ultimate decision.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Korn is still under contract till June 30th. Poile wants to keep Korn so it is up to Lavy to talk to him and convince him to stay. Korn will then make the ultimate decision.

Trotz was under contract too. I imagine if Korn made it known to Poile that he would be following Trotz that Poile is respectful enough to let him go.

This situation indicates to me that there is a chance, maybe a very good chance, that Korn stays on with the Preds.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Trotz was under contract too. I imagine if Korn made it known to Poile that he would be following Trotz that Poile is respectful enough to let him go.

This situation indicates to me that there is a chance, maybe a very good chance, that Korn stays on with the Preds.

Gotta figure its a tough call... go to Washington and follow Trotzs goalie friendly defensive system, but inherit some mostly middling talent goalies, or stay in Nashville with a proven superstar but in a system that puts goalies at risk.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
This may be cheesy, but I like that he brought up his family. Trotz was a legend and great all around person. I think Laviolette introducing his family was a good way to be personable and get over with the fans.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
This may be cheesy, but I like that he brought up his family. Trotz was a legend and great all around person. I think Laviolette introducing his family was a good way to be personable and get over with the fans.

He was asked to by a fan, but it was neat to see.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Other factor with Korn is that the current G coach in Washington is.. Kolzig. The man is an institution in that organization, and I think he is still under contract. That complicates matters.
Might make it easier for Korn to stay at least for now, unless other offers are tempting.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Other factor with Korn is that the current G coach in Washington is.. Kolzig. The man is an institution in that organization, and I think he is still under contract. That complicates matters.
Might make it easier for Korn to stay at least for now, unless other offers are tempting.

That's a good thought. Olie the Goalie is an all time favorite in DC. Lavy with Korn would not be bad at all.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
That's a good thought. Olie the Goalie is an all time favorite in DC. Lavy with Korn would not be bad at all.

Not only that, but Trotz coached Kolzig in the minors and are said to be close as well. I'm hoping we can keep Korn in Nashville; however if he goes I want him in Washington. Certainly do not want him in the West ... rumor was St. Louis was hard after him but made another hire.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Not only that, but Trotz coached Kolzig in the minors and are said to be close as well. I'm hoping we can keep Korn in Nashville; however if he goes I want him in Washington. Certainly do not want him in the West ... rumor was St. Louis was hard after him but made another hire.

Maybe because Korn was more interested in being here? It's a great sign if that is the case, I just hope he stays it would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, win this off-season

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Just watching this video...thanks for posting, but I was thinking. If you held Poiles feet to the fire and asked him how long ago he felt like this move was going to happen...I wonder what he would say.

You think this has been in his head for the majority of the season..before that into last off-season maybe?

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
Just watching this video...thanks for posting, but I was thinking. If you held Poiles feet to the fire and asked him how long ago he felt like this move was going to happen...I wonder what he would say.

You think this has been in his head for the majority of the season..before that into last off-season maybe?

I would not say into last off-season at all as Lavy was coaching PHI at the start of this past season.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

GMDP said he started thinking it after the debacle in Phoenix. However, his off-season performance then was abysmal, as well, so not surprised he didn't do it then. But, seems clear to me he had his eye on a couple coaches and figured if one comes available he was booting Trotz. Remember, Trotz said he knew if for a long time. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a chat with AV when VAN sent him packing; but obviously you're not picking the Preds over the Rangers after the strike-season mess we'd become.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

I'm not convinced this was Poile's decision. I think he was told by his superiors, and probably Ciggaran in particular, that changes had to be made if there wasn't improvement. Last season Horaceck was go. This season Trotz. If Lavy doesn't bring this team around, I think Poile is done. Notice that we haven't had a public vote of confidence for Poile from Ciggaran. I think Poile is on a VERY short leash. And I think he was told a change had to be made, either with or without his blessing. If you think this decision was Poile's alone, you are underestimating the ownership's desire and determination to win. Ciggaran and the other owners have invested too much (new front office staff, new jerseys/identity, increased payroll, WEBER, etc...) since buying the team.

PPPower

Oct 26, 2010
I loved him his first couple years in philly, I'm glad to see him get another shot. I would expect him to really do well and get a boost the first couple years, after that teams seem to get burned out on him and his system and it's time to move on.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Coaches become better generally as they grow older and wiser. He may have a bit of a learning curve but Nashville I feel will be good for a few years to come, especially with the team that is being developed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00