Confirmed with Link: Predators hire Peter Laviolette

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Ron Wilson was my first choice, but he was my 2nd. The guy in the Red Wings AHL team was a good choice too. Its Lavi time in Smashville!

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
Glad this is done. End speculation, let the coaching carousel continue without the Preds in the mix. Lavy will be a good coach for these guys... the new era begins now.

MKMM

Jun 15, 2012
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 34 Sek.

Laviolette: "My challenge will be to impart a system that enables our young forwards to thrive and reach their offensive potential."

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'd express my excitement over this, but I lack any. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully a new message and a new plan injects some life into the organization.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
well you wanted new now we have it. new system type is needed for the fans so I welcome this.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
well, I sense this team is in for a significant culture shock.
I know they needed one. This may result in more roster turnover than anticipated. Those clamoring for goals may just get their wish. Let's hope it really turns out as a wise choice. At any rate, speculation can end for this team's head coach.

MKMM

Jun 15, 2012
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 3 Min.

Predators name Peter Laviolette head coach. Assistants will be Kevin McCarthy, Lane Lambert and Phil Housley.

McCarthy was also his assistant in Philly

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Love it. Can't wait to see how the offense reacts. Please get Stastny and/or Callahan and keep MDZ.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
As a Flyers fan I'm happy that Lavy gets another shot with a team like Nashville. He's going to come in and add some new things to your team that I think you'll be very happy with. No doubt in my mind you guys are a playoff team next season. Congrats.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As a Flyers fan I'm happy that Lavy gets another shot with a team like Nashville. He's going to come in and add some new things to your team that I think you'll be very happy with. No doubt in my mind you guys are a playoff team next season. Congrats.

What highlights do you see with his system?

bluedevil58*

Canes fan here: I don't think your team has the offensive capability in its players in order to support the system that Lavi implements. Anyways, be prepared to watch some very exciting and aggressive hockey.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
What highlights do you see with his system?

He'll be better with you guys than he was at the end in Philadelphia because of two things... your defense and Rinne. Lavy relies on the defense to make a lot of quick decisions in all three zones. He'll have them pushing the puck as quick as possible up to the forwards, and there will be a lot of defensemen pinching in the offensive zone. Expect to see a lot of two man forechecks, but also expect for him to coach the guys to play in transition. He's not a huge puck possession coach, but he also wants his guys to play off the rush and less off a cycle. You'll create a lot of turnovers (and get a lot of powerplays because of it), but you'll be prone to a lot of them if the defense isn't ready to play every night (then you'll take a lot of penalties as well).

The more I think about it the more I like this move for you guys. You guys have at the best defensive and goaltending personnel that Lavy has ever coached. Lavy's always had a bit of a short shelf life because of the intensity that he brings. He's perfect for a team that's looking to make the step from playoff contender to Stanley Cup contender.

Forsbergforloop

May 30, 2008
Oahu
Yes! This was my #1 choice! He has been a very successful coach... Stanley Cup win with Hurricanes and loss in Stanley Cup Finals with Philly. I'm excited guys! This was the best option for us in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad