GDT: Predators @ Flames, 7:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Your theory is also flawed because most of the team can't score even with a pylon in net let alone an NHL goalie....

chances don't matter when you can't convert....
I know. The question is whether the lack of conversion is actually a property of the team or simply a reflection of temporary confidence factors.

I have much more confidence in a team that can do the hard part but fail on the easy part than the other way around. I just have a hard time believing that, for instance, Johnny Gaudreau lacks the talent to finish on breakaways and two-on-ones. But that has been a consistent theme all throughout this year. He's scored at all levels in those situations. It's much easier for me to believe that he's in an extended rut than that this is really a reflection of his ability.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I know. The question is whether the lack of conversion is actually a property of the team or simply a reflection of temporary confidence factors.

I have much more confidence in a team that can do the hard part but fail on the easy part than the other way around. I just have a hard time believing that, for instance, Johnny Gaudreau lacks the talent to finish on breakaways and two-on-ones. But that has been a consistent theme all throughout this year. He's scored at all levels in those situations. It's much easier for me to believe that he's in an extended rut than that this is really a reflection of his ability.

In the case of Johnny it's confidence. In the case of Monahan, it's post all star break, he is on PTO ...in the case of Bennett, Lucic, Reider, Ronbinson, Rinado, Backlund, Jankowski etc...it's pure lack of talent.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
In the case of Johnny it's confidence. In the case of Monahan, it's post all star break, he is on PTO ...in the case of Bennett, Lucic, Reider, Ronbinson, Rinado, Backlund, Jankowski etc...it's pure lack of talent.
Monahan has actually come out of his funk in the second half. Remember early in the season when he just couldn't put the puck in the net no matter what? That's at least now a thing of the past. He's back to finishing his chances like he always does, for the most part. He has never been the guy to drive play with Gaudreau on his line, however.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad