GDT: Predators @ Flames, 7:00 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Maybe because we lack talent up front? Last year was an anomaly. We are the same Gulutzan team of 2 years ago.

Last year they caught the other teams off guard for a few months (mainly Nov-Jan), after that they sucked even on a very soft schedule.

Team relied on Johnny for scoring and he cant do it anymore for whatever reason. Other than Johnny, Tkachuk is really the only other one that can create chances consistently. Rest are secondary talent or in some case AHL level players.

NoMoSnow

Apr 13, 2018
Las Vegas
Underwhelming effort, only mildly entertaining, call me a bandwagon fan; getting really tired of this. Not a great investment of time on my or Mrs. Snow's time. Glad I'm not a season ticket holder. Unable to cheer for Vancouver (lived there for year....not great memories), cannot cheer for Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, or Ottawa. Faint hope for Toronto (Mrs. Snow's home town). And as for my lawn, please stay off.

Rant over.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Keep Tkachuk, Lindholm, Bennett, Valimaki and Kylington. Trade everyone else.

I'd keep Gio, Brodie, Andersson, Gaudreau, Ryan, Mangiapane, Rittich, Talbot too to be honest. Acquire Josh Anderson, JG Pageau, Sami Vatanen, and Jesse Puljujarvi with the rest, I think we'd have enough assets.

Tkachuk - Bennett - Phillips
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Anderson
Pelletier - Pageau - Zavgorodniy
Mangiapane - Ryan - Puljujarvi

Giordano - Brodie
Kylington - Andersson
Valimaki - Vatanen

Rittich
Talbot

2021 Cup

Maybe a smidge undersized down the middle (Pageau and Ryan) but can always wheel and deal at the deadline to shore that up.

Last edited:

bladewatcher

Apr 7, 2019
Have (most of) these pros let us (enthusiastic) fans down. I echo the sentiments of the disgusted crowd. The said pros, of course, include the Keystone Cop coaching staff and General Management. What an utter disaster....... since 2019 All-Star break. Hard to handle as a VERY long-term fan.

Reactions: NoMoSnow

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Andersson expected to get full reign of the top PP with Gio out? How did he look tonight there?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
At first I was upset but then I realized that it must be almost our turn to be the one pacific team that wins a game while the other 4 competing for the playoffs lose

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
As one of the few positive lights on this board. I gotta say I think we are playing much better hockey in the last ten games or so. Other than the SJ and Montreal games I think we are playing good hockey and will turn it around soon. If we are routinely out chancing teams the wins will come eventually

I also think that slipping in 7th in the west is ideal because the mid first round is stacked this year.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
9745ff80172567f182c9ec1d427ff35b.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
As one of the few positive lights on this board. I gotta say I think we are playing much better hockey in the last ten games or so. Other than the SJ and Montreal games I think we are playing good hockey and will turn it around soon. If we are routinely out chancing teams the wins will come eventually

I also think that slipping in 7th in the west is ideal because the mid first round is stacked this year.

We definitely aren't playing badly. Having the other team plinko pucks in after you miss several point blank chances is just something that makes you want to tear your hair out. What sucks is trying to maintain this belief when we keep managing to pull off this same trick multiple games in a row, with multiple days in between these games to wait and hope.

People are lazily comparing to cellar teams like Ottawa and Detroit, but fail to realize (or at least ignore) that those teams are getting out-chanced every game. They win when they are opportunistic and bury every chance they get combined with getting big saves, and when those two things don't both happen, they lose. We are usually very different from that. I understand everyone's frustration with the results, but I think there is a lot of flawed rationalization going on with respect to those results.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
We definitely aren't playing badly. Having the other team plinko pucks in after you miss several point blank chances is just something that makes you want to tear your hair out. What sucks is trying to maintain this belief when we keep managing to pull off this same trick multiple games in a row, with multiple days in between these games to wait and hope.

People are lazily comparing to cellar teams like Ottawa and Detroit, but fail to realize (or at least ignore) that those teams are getting out-chanced every game. They win when they are opportunistic and bury every chance they get combined with getting big saves, and when those two things don't both happen, they lose. We are usually very different from that. I understand everyone's frustration with the results, but I think there is a lot of flawed rationalization going on with respect to those results.

I haven't seen much in the way of comparisons to Ottawa or Detroit.

While the Flames are generating chances, they're definitely playing with lacklustre effort.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I could cope with a team being bad because they're bad. Plenty of bad teams out there with people rooting for them. I can't with a team that doesn't care. If they don't give a **** why should I?

Not a very likable group at the moment. Not a very likable group at all.

It's why I am starting to tune out the season and barely watch games anymore, even though I have the games on 99% of the time I put almost none of my time into actually watching it, either playing guitar or on the computer doing something else.

A group with this many alleged good players and being at the cap should not be losing the games they are. They are losing to bad, injured, old teams. If we had injuries and sucked, I get it, but this group has been healthy for a majority of their time, there's no excuse.

At this pace I still believe we make the playoffs as the Pacific is just too shit and the teams in the Central seem to not give a f*** either. I have no faith in the playoffs though, other than Rittich showing up I have no belief we can win a 7 game series.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Flames coach doesn't like what he's seeing, he said so last night. He needs more from his players, if anyone thinks this team and its players are doing what it takes to win and is just unlucky, they are just being unrealistically optimistic and not rational.

The problem right now is not coaching, its a lack of cohesion and chemistry. Players are not making the sacrifices needed to win and they are not playing for each other game to game (minus the Edmonton one). I don't who the problem children are in that room, but they can all go and not soon enough.

Last night I saw a team that was playing fundamentally okay hockey, but lacked passion and effort. There is a reason Buddy is on the topline. Bennett should be getting 23 min a night on principle alone. It is very hard to watch.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Your theory is also flawed because most of the team can't score even with a pylon in net let alone an NHL goalie....

chances don't matter when you can't convert....

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Last night I saw a team that was playing fundamentally okay hockey, but lacked passion and effort. There is a reason Buddy is on the topline. Bennett should be getting 23 min a night on principle alone. It is very hard to watch.
If Samuel L Bennett can string together 2-3 games in a row like that one, he'll be given a top six role.

Problem is, he'll have a game like that then completely disappear for a month.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If Samuel L Bennett can string together 2-3 games in a row like that one, he'll be given a top six role.

Problem is, he'll have a game like that then completely disappear for a month.
Bennett could play his heart out and land a top six role but Ward would just throw him back on the fourth line once that line combines for a goal and he doesn't credited with a point.

Reactions: FlamerForLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->