Pre-Game Talk: Predators @ Canadiens - Saturday at 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Well if the Preds are as good as we thought they were they should have been able to overcome. Instead they're right around the Habs. Not great.

???

They're averaging for a 100 point season despite those injuries. How is that not overcoming?

Let's talk at the end of the season instead of just after the Habs have been injury free and on a winning streak while Nash has a lot of injuries and are on a losing streak. And despite all that, Preds are still ahead of the Habs.

Context seems foreign to you.

Reactions: DAChampion

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You let Weber aside for some reasons ? And what about having Price injured or partially injured for a good chunk again ?

Because if you had followed the conversation, it started with Habs icing saying Habs were just a point behind Nash, but only memtioning both teams losing their #1D (Subban & Weber).

The rest of the injuries were compared afterwards.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think there was a thread recently saying they went through a 6 game losing streak, where they expressed concerns of certain players.

Not a big deal. They will be judged upon what they do in the postseason.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
They're averaging for a 100 point season despite those injuries. How is that not overcoming?

Montreal is on pace for a 98 point season and trending up. Nashville has been trending down. I think they're a good team, but if the Habs were on their trajectory Habs fans would be freaking out over everything.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Montreal is on pace for a 98 point season and trending up. Nashville has been trending down. I think they're a good team, but if the Habs were on their trajectory Habs fans would be freaking out over everything.

Lets face it Habs fans freak out about everything (just a joke - no one lose it).

However, I like the direction of MTL but they are far from the Preds. Other than Rinne their core is either in the midst of their prime of just entering into. Also, Poile has done a good job managing the salary cap.

I think the difference is most did not expect MTL to get into the playoffs and if we do it will be fun whereas Nashville is expected (and will) get in. Once they are in they will be considered a serious contender.

Their D,C,G is solid. In fact, I think their D is the best in the league.

Hopefully, MTL continues to build and we can say the same thing. It looks promising.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
So injuried are an excuse for the Preds but not the Habs. Just taking notes.

tenor.gif

I believe he already answered that.

Yeah.. missing Byron, Armia & Shaw is the same as missing Forsberg, Turris & Arvidsson i guess...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

It's crazy how much parity there is. In terms of points earned per games played, we're 9th in the eastern conference, i.e. not even projected to be in a playoff spot.

Yet, our 49 points put us 5 points behind Calgary, Toronto and Vegas who are tied for 2nd in the entire league with 54 points - and Vegas and Calgary are tied for first in the Western Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad