GDT: Predators @ Blues 1-24-13 - A decade under the influence

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
How many pucks have we put into a Blues player's shins that resulted in a quality scoring chance the other way? Weber rushed back to knock one away .. the Fisher trip resulting in a penalty shot ... Erat off Reaves leading to their 3rd goal.

Very little consideration about where they are putting the puck tonight.

far worse than considering where to put the puck. im just happy when we had it. it was pathetic.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
75 shots in 4 games and 8 goals take away the backstrom brainfart goal and eliminate the empty netter the offense looks pretty dismal.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So would you take our top 6 over Columbus'? I am not sure I would... would be very close.

a top 6 of fisher, legwand, erat, sk, hornqvist, and wilson ?

yes without a doubt. legwand, fisher, sk, hornqvist are and always have been a sick joke of forwards in a top 6

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I didn't see the game, so I'm probably in a more optimistic mood than others, but keep in mind we beat a 2-0 Minnesota team on the road, on the 2nd half of a back to back, with our backup in. Every team has this happen sometimes. We still have more points on the year the Philly or NYR.

Tonight was bad, but I'm not ready to call in the season quite yet. St. Louis is a phenomenal team, a true cup contender, and we just played them into a shootout a few days ago. We played bad tonight. S*** happens.

tserberis*

Our top six is a joke! We don't have any offensive talented players but Erat. Maybe Wilson and SK( looks like he is still in Russia) to some extend. Everybody else is bottom six on any other team... Joke.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Umberger - Brassard - Foligno
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Atkinson

vs

Erat Fisher SK
Wilson Legwand Hornqvist

Damn. I think we probably have the advantage for now, but not by an overwhelming amount.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
That's what you get when all you have are 2 way forwards and no finishers. Not only that we can't get out of our own zone half the time. We have been vulnerable to an aggressive forecheck for several seasons. Our inability to pass tape to tape has been a huge pet peeve of mine for years.

So which Dman is Poile gonna draft?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Umberger - Brassard - Foligno
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Atkinson

vs

Erat Fisher SK
Wilson Legwand Hornqvist

Damn. I think we probably have the advantage for now, but not by an overwhelming amount.

i take cbj .. our top 6 is getting old. and never had any skill to begin with

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
It took Trotz until the last game of the playoffs last season to figure out SK is not working on the top line. How long will it take for him to figure it out this season? SK deserves more criticism IMO. I seriously can't remember the last time he impressed me.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Our top six is a joke! We don't have any offensive talented players but Erat. Maybe Wilson and SK( looks like he is still in Russia) to some extend. Everybody else is bottom six on any other team... Joke.

I will be the first to admit our top six sucks, but honestly, if Fisher, Legwand, SK, Wilson, and Hornqvist are in your bottom six, you're bring home a cup. They are all IMO 2nd liners.

Again, not saying our top 6 doesn't need serious help, just saying Erat isn't the only 2nd line caliber player we have....

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
That's what you get when all you have are 2 way forwards and no finishers. Not only that we can't get out of our own zone half the time. We have been vulnerable to an aggressive forecheck for several seasons. Our inability to pass tape to tape has been a huge pet peeve of mine for years.

Seth Jones, which would be more than OK with me.:yo:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I know we have two old Dmen on our roster in Gill and Hannan that will need replacement soon, but the point remains that Blum is NHL ready and clearly is not going to get a shot here barring injury, and even if he does, it will be on the third pairing as a fill-in. Why not trade Blum instead of having all the value in the press box?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Blank jersey. :laugh:

In regulation and OT hockey, we're a -1. Tied the first two, won by two at Minny, lost by three tonight. Our PK is giving up far too many goals with a 72% PK success rate ... plus the PS allowed. The PP is returning to reality at 28.4%. 8 total goals is troubling.

With all of those issues, this is the only game of the first four that the team looked like crap for the entire game. We've had off periods in the first three games, but, corrected it during the game. The thing I'm looking for is how the team reacts after 60 minutes of sub-par play. If they unscrew themselves as they did between the first Blues game and Minny, there's hope. If they play like this for 60 mins in Cali, there is call for concern up and down the lineup.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
what really sucks is we don't even have someone with potential to bring up. Poile has done a horrible job drafting up front or they haven't been developed or whatever, we don't have any decent offensive players begging to be called up.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I know we have two old Dmen on our roster in Gill and Hannan that will need replacement soon, but the point remains that Blum is NHL ready and clearly is not going to get a shot here barring injury, and even if he does, it will be on the third pairing as a fill-in. Why not trade Blum instead of having all the value in the press box?

Because as soon as Hannan and Gill are gone, who do we have? Unless it's for an impact forward, Blum is a key piece moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad