GDT: Predators @ Avs | 2/18/2013 | 1:00 PM | Impeachment Day!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm not sure I would play Elliott against Blues, Kings and Sharks. Their forecheck would cause him a lot of trouble, I suspect.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Man, I'm loving me some Barrie too. Makes a couple of mistakes a game, but I think that goes away with time and experience. He is lightning quick with that stick.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
That game was full of lulz.

Varly looks tired out there, is not moving efficiently in the crease.

I wonder if RoR and papa O'Reilly are watching Duchene play and saying "we totally deserve $1.5M+ more than that guy"

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado

I wonder if RoR and papa O'Reilly are watching Duchene play and saying "we totally deserve $1.5M+ more than that guy"

Incredibly true ^

They seem to over-value a 55 point season more than everyone.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

or, "we should feel flattered they were willing to pay us as much as that guy"

Mant*

I just noticed the three stars of the game.....why the hell isn't Duchene 1st star?

He was named first star in the arena and interviewed as they usual do the first star. Maybe you read some jackassery version of the three stars that aren't official?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
He was named first star in the arena and interviewed as they usual do the first star. Maybe you read some jackassery version of the three stars that aren't official?
NHL.com

1. Weber
2. Palushaj
3. Duchene

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
ha, I called it. :yo:

cookie.gif

Huis Clos*

Varly has faced 93 shots against in two games. Many of which were high quality chances. There are stretches of games where he is almost totally doing it all by himself.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
So I have to say, being from Illinois, I am getting absolutely sick of Blackhawk fans.

How narrow-minded they are to their own team is ridiculous. They won't shut up about the 'non offsides call' from last night, saying this call was a "joke" and ruined the game. While I do agree it was the wrong call, they seem to forget about some calls that have gone in their favor this year.

First, there was the phantom Goalie Interference call that handed them a regulation win against the Blue Jackets earlier in the season. I guess that penalty is OK because it was in advantage of the Hawks.

Second, there was the non-goal turned "goal" against the Ducks that allowed it to go to OT and handing them a free point. Again, this call must have been OK because it extended the Hawks precious "Unbeaten In Regulation" streak.

There was also the hit during their game with SJ. The "Hit to the head" that screwed SJ out of a 4 minute penalty, and was a huge momentum boost for Chicago. They seem to forget about all these calls, but get stuck up with one questionable call that went in Colorado's favor.

In my opinion, the non call on the offsides is far more justifiable than the first 2 calls above. The linesman thought Nashville was the last team to play the puck before it went into Nashville's zone. Which, if that was the case, the play would not have been offsides.

I'm sorry for rambling on about this, and I'm not too sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, but I am just extremely ****** off and wanted to get this out of my system. I also wanted to get it out to other Avs fans, because at this point talking about it with my friends (who are mostly Blackhawks fans) is like talking to a brick wall.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I live in Chicago and the hawks fans I talk to just laugh about the call the way I do. Something that horrific you can't do anything but laugh at.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I live in Chicago and the hawks fans I talk to just laugh about the call the way I do. Something that horrific you can't do anything but laugh at.

I mean, this was a terrible call, and I'll admit that. But when I would call out the "penalty" in the BJs game and the "goal" in the Ducks game, they got all defensive and told me "Haters gonna hate."

Point being, for big market teams it's OK when questionable or blatantly wrong calls go their way, but as soon as it happens to another team....look out!

This is a gif that has popped up numerous times this year when Hawks fans have defended their calls:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad