Post-Game Talk: Predators 2, Penguins 1 (SO) - 1 Point > 0 Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ya he isn't feeling it right now, but he's gone through these lulls enough times in his career. Still not sure about Rust with him, but I really like Sheary on the third line getting favorable matchups.

There is always that Sprong guy...

If only there was someone (Kuhnhackl) who could sit (Kuhnhackl) to make room (Kuhnhackl) for Sprong in the lineup (Kuhnhackl).

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Like I said on the main board, good thing Nick Kypreos has never been right with anything about the Penguins. If it's not coming from Bobby Mac, I don't believe it when it comes to JR.

Totally.

Dude is ENTERTAINING. But always wrong. So very wrong lol.

If only there was someone (Kuhnhackl) who could sit (Kuhnhackl) to make room (Kuhnhackl) for Sprong in the lineup (Kuhnhackl).

So, Sprong + 1st for Kunitz confirmed?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think we saw a different Pens team after they got down 3-1, and the Preds were continuing to rub their faces in it. Seems like the Pens really came alive and wanted to win this game after that. Just sucks they lose in a shootout. Oh well.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
A positive is that they fought off a potential meltdown early in the second and came back to get a point and they dominated OT, unfortunate to not get the 2nd point.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Kypreos is a f***ing clown. He's on the same level as Milbury or Roenick for me--an absolute joke.

On a brighter note, good to see the Pens keep battling all night. Our defensive structure and play is still a shit-show, but whatever. Nothing new.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
watching stats I was surprised to see that sid's line actually dominated big time, it did not have that kind of feel

Thats what i was sort of getting at with Sid being a touch more engaged with a new line. He had some shots and decent shifts but still not fully engaged/fire in the belly Sid yet.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I think we saw a different Pens team after they got down 3-1, and the Preds were continuing to rub their faces in it. Seems like the Pens really came alive and wanted to win this game after that. Just sucks they lose in a shootout. Oh well.

Now, I only heard it on the radio. But, was it really a push? Or was it two lucky quick strike goals off of low percentage passes followed up by horrifying defensive meltdowns again and barely getting this thing to OT?

I dont feel a real change or fire was lit. They just got a couple more goals tonight is all.

Anyone confirm the feeling of momentum?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Wait, I got an original idea that I, me, came up with on my own...

They could sit Kuhnhackl!

It's kooky, but hear me out...

Kuhn. Because, Kuhn.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Crosby, Guentzel and Rust were sheltered with huge offensive zone starts. Guentzel had 89% of his zone starts in the offensive zone tonight. I'd be worried if they didn't have good possession numbers.

Think thats more of Sully being aware that both Sid and Jake aren't exactly trusted on the defensive side of the puck right now. Theres a reason he kept throwing Sheahan out there for DZ draws.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
They'll never sit him. He is the answer to the question this city didnt know it asked.

fc550x550red135.jpg

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Great...apparently JR wants vet leadership for this team and a backup goalie.

Actually don't have a problem with that as long as the vet is better than the McKegg's, Kuhnackl's, Sheahan's. Outside of there being no long term 3C to target right atm these would be the areas i'd expect JR to be looking at.

Last edited:

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I'm not even sure effort is the problem for Crosby right now. To me, it just looks like the guy is too in his own head and overthinking instead of letting his natural instincts dictate his play. It leads to hesitation/watching instead of just acting. Sometimes I wonder if his pursuit of a "two-way/complete game" has played a part in it.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
To try to give Letang some confidence maybe? To let Letang know the coach has faith in him? If he scores a goal there maybe it something to build off of. If we have a chance at a 3peat we do need Letang at his best.

Fire Sullivan:laugh:

Did I say fire Sullivan? I said he made a bonehead move. When do you ever sacrifice points just to "get a guy going". All Sullivan ever does is preach about personal accountability for one's play. Kessel has been playing some of the best hockey in his career as a Penguin and Letang some of his worst, so how does going with the coldest hand make any sense within the scope of this team. Winning is much more important on a macro level right now considering the hole they dug themselves out of in this game especially after all their recent struggles..

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Did I say fire Sullivan? I said he made a bonehead move. When do you ever sacrifice points just to "get a guy going". All Sullivan ever does is preach about personal accountability for one's play. Kessel has been playing some of the best hockey in his career as a Penguin and Letang some of his worst, so how does going with the coldest hand make any sense within the scope of this team. Winning is much more important on a macro level right now considering the hole they dug themselves out of in this game especially after all their recent struggles..

As I related in my last post. If I'm a coach and I want to win a Stanley cup, I need my number 1 defenseman playing at the highest level..if he was struggling with confidence and bad play, maybe i put him in the shootout. Let him know that I have confidence in him and hope he runs with it.

Reactions: EightyOne

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Also they were in 1st place this past week despite the struggles so I dunno what you mean by "the hole" since the metro isn't as strong this year. It means that they are lucky to have the opportunity to right the ship

Edit: so why not have my number 1 dman try and get his confidence going by putting him in a shootout early November against a western conference opponent when I would need him to get reps and get on it

Last edited:

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Well first of all the "hole" was referring to this game, as I explicitly said in my post. But apart from that, they've lost 6 of the last 10 games so even if I was referring to the standings that's not far off...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Well first of all the "hole" was referring to this game, as I explicitly said in my post. But apart from that, they've lost 6 of the last 10 games so even if I was referring to the standings that's not far off...

Well the metro sucks right now..the devils are playing the best hockey in our division and they just broke a 4 game winless streak. Its still early.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Well the metro sucks right now..the devils are playing the best hockey in our division and they just broke a 4 game winless streak. Its still early.

Winning a division playing .500 is no accomplishment lol. Hey everybody we are the least stinky turd in the punch bowl. yaaay

*edit: also, we are 3rd. And everyone else has played less games. gross

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Metro certainly isn't the juggernaut it was the last few+ seasons.
Best teams in it atm are the ones with the really good top end youth. NJ/CAR.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Winning a division playing .500 is no accomplishment lol. Hey everybody we are the least stinky turd in the punch bowl. yaaay

*edit: also, we are 3rd. And everyone else has played less games. gross

You think .500 will win the division by the end of year? :laugh: the pens may not win the division but they won't be .500. This isn't football

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
You think .500 will win the division by the end of year? :laugh: the pens may not win the division but they won't be .500. This isn't football

I dont expect this team to win the division.
I dont expect this team to have more than 35 wins.
I dont expect this team to make the playoffs.

Reactions: NEPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad