Post-Game Talk: Predators 2, Penguins 1 (SO) - 1 Point > 0 Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
1. As Mamma Kirk says, 'stupid is as Letang does'.

2. HMK looking a lot like last year's version is a good sign. Better if they build on it.

3. Sid can't buy a goal. Unless it's a shootout, I guess . . .

4. Letang is top 3 defenseman in the league . . . at 3 on 3. It's the other situations that are a problem . . .

5. Reaves deters nothing; Kuhn was there.

6. Good game Dumo.

7. We finally have a legit backup. Another game where Jarry was big when needed.

8. Good to see Rust and Jake get on the board.

9. Sully's use of Sheahan tonight was . . . disturbing.

10. Curious call to make on Geno in OT after all the non-calls.

Look, they gutted out a point. And, they are to be applauded. I just hope JR focuses less on this and more on how this game showed again that there's much work for him to do.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
At this point, I'll take 1 point. Need to get things turned around though.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Didn't think they'd get a single point in the 2nd game of these b2b's...so there's that at least.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Some questionable coaching there. Why wasn’t the kegger in the shootout to do his signature move?

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
well at least the shootout showed that Crosby can still score goals...

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Honestly, big minus to Sullivan. You know Letang is struggling and this team needed a win, so why the f*** is Kessel, who has been playing great as of late, not being given a shootout spot. We earned this loss and part of it is on this coach.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I missed the 3rd, i was too pissed off I turned the game off, had a shower and went for a walk. Watched the shootout...go figure it's Letang again costing us games.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
At least they got a point?

I'm happy with how Jarry has played in the NHL so far, if he can manage to keep getting 1 point in back to back games, the Penguins should be pretty well set this year. Even Jarry going .500 in back to back games should be plenty for the Penguins to end up with a good playoff seed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
- they were bad, and I'll include Sully in that

+ at least they weren't boring and scored more than one goal

Reactions: Kip Drordy

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Honestly, big minus to Sullivan. You know Letang is struggling and this team needed a win, so why the **** is Kessel, who has been playing great as of late, not being given a shootout spot. We earned this loss and part of it is on this coach.
I might be misremembering but I'm pretty sure Kessel is similar to Ovechkin in that they are goal-scorers... but not very good at shootouts.

Granted... Letang was a terrible choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare2904

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just knew that would happen on Tangers shot. LOLTang
Maybe Sid putting a puck in the net gets him going with Jake-Sid-Rust back for him.
Like i said, he looked a little more engaged tonight but his attention to detail defensively/clean passes is still pretty putrid.

Really no excuse for Sully to keep throwing Sheahan out there on DZ draws while he's having a poor game at the dots. Is it cuz he believes it's his only option? That Sid's slacking on the D end so he won't go to him. One things for sure, he doesn't trust McKegg. But still, throw Geno out there, maybe a player like him will get it done for you...just a thought...

Jarry's an absolute mad man and has that same even keelness about him like Murr does. I like that alot.

The Gobfather*

May 2, 2014
I will say this does the weird refusal to call penalties on Nashville surprise anybody I mean during the finals they threw fish on the ice constantly and never got penalized and they acted like it was the greatest thing known to man

SomeOldDude

May 27, 2016
VA
Why the f*** is Kessel not in that shootout rotation? Letang is playing the worst hockey in his life so Sully puts him in instead of Kessel? I am so dumbfounded at that call right now! So f***ing pissed!

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

imouttahereEdWinger

Jan 22, 2014
Kessel is in a hot mode so it's time to bench him for shootouts. Bet the thinking is to "get Letang going." So we have to shed points and make other players suffer because Letang is a bonehead.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the effort was there they did not give up and thats all what matters at this point...

Jarry is and will be a good back up

Dumo and Cole and Ruh with the decent game

I really think they have to tell letang: we were joking just play the way you used to play, enough of that"simplify" game crap...

Sid was just meh again, they are desperatly pumping his tires here at the post game...as if he needs ..

Second line should be kept forever...Geno was driving me crazy all night long, some great some pure trash, his 3 on 3 was probably Geno at worst, he did not even want to hold on puck twice, just let them go...

Rust again really good and Jake was a bit better still some dumb plays

I thought Shultz was really meh, his shooting was off and very weak on the puck...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Honestly, big minus to Sullivan. You know Letang is struggling and this team needed a win, so why the **** is Kessel, who has been playing great as of late, not being given a shootout spot. We earned this loss and part of it is on this coach.

To try to give Letang some confidence maybe? To let Letang know the coach has faith in him? If he scores a goal there maybe it something to build off of. If we have a chance at a 3peat we do need Letang at his best.

Fire Sullivan:laugh:

Reactions: farscape1

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
19 games being played:
Kessel with 22 points
Geno with 20 points
Letang with 13 points
Sidney Crosby with 13 points
Rust with 11 points
Jake with 10 points

If Sid doesnt start scoring soon he is going to be passed up by the young kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad