Pre-season thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Karlsson is going somewhere and watching the wierdness emanating from the Sens its not going to be a great package for the Sens .

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I really want Panarin, but now with all this going on I want EK lol

Lindell - Kling
Methot - EK
Miro - John's
Polak

Damn son. FYI I just wrote those lines down in no order

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
I really want Panarin, but now with all this going on I want EK lol

Lindell - Kling
Methot - EK
Miro - John's
Polak

Damn son. FYI I just wrote those lines down in no order

That sound's pretty good, now if we can get someone to help the struggle bus that is our lack of scoring depth, we'd be good.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That sound's pretty good, now if we can get someone to help the struggle bus that is our lack of scoring depth, we'd be good.

I mean getting a Point per Game Defenseman kinda does help there. EK would guarantee having two defense pairs that can generate offense and Miro-Johns should not be completely inept either.

Reactions: ItsBennGreat

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Just watched the Robertson breakaway goal. Man, he looked slow. Derian Hatcher with bad knees slow. And this is after he dropped 40 lbs.

Stats are great for TC, elevating my hopes for a while, but I don't see how he makes it.

As to EK, we are mentally bouncing between his years of making big off season acquisitions, and legendary refusal to over pay in a trade. Which is it? Think we could have gotten Patches for what was offered in the end. Maybe they weren't sold, but still are on EK.

Some say we offered six assets, like Honka, Shore, Ottenger, an AHL forwards and 2 picks. (I will guess a first and a second in some year or another)

A first round pick since OTT has none.

Otter make sense (it was said we traded up to keep him from OTT, so they had interest.

To afford EK long term, we have to send some relatively high paid forwards, and Shore at $2.9 makes some sense there, and we replace with Hintz or someone.

I think we might have to switch Honka out to Lindell, to entice OTT, and gain the cap space we need to sign EK. OTT can say they got a top pair D to replace EK, and we got one to upgrade on Lindell.

Just MHO of how it might go down.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No points to show for it yet, but man Mascherin-Dellandrea-Robertson line is dominant together today and a blast to watch. May even have a few goals if Mascherin would start shooting the puck. 2 straight turnovers by him after some great plays they all 3 generated. He just needs to avoid the extra pass right now because he had great chances to shoot the puck.

Stars prospects look very good today. Gleason continues to be great as well hope he gets an AHL contract at least. 2 goals and an assist today. Absolute beast and both are highlight reel goals. Not gonna lie he may be good enough to earn himself a NHL spot down the line. Reminds me of Stephen Johns and is only 20 years old

Also I'm pumped about Stenqvist. Glad we get to see him stay at least a little longer

Gleason goals:

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How come Albin Eriksson and Oskar Back aren't playing in this? I missed that news whenever it was released. Not eligible or something?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yea that Gleason kid should get at least an AHL contract . Looking pretty good out there.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
If we get EK it would be cool to load up on the PP with 3 Ds just to see that looked (ex. Seguin, Benn with EK, Klinger and Heist)

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Some reflections from The Hockey News on the Traverse City tourney this year. What's really interesting to me is comparing these to some reflections from prior years, like this 2015 edition. I couldn't find the ones from 2016 or 2017.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
How come Albin Eriksson and Oskar Back aren't playing in this? I missed that news whenever it was released. Not eligible or something?

European season starts earlier, Stars always keep their young Euros over there. They bring over players for Traverse one season before they are expected to make AHL.. like Stenqvist this year.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Didnt watch but others said he looked pretty solid.

I'm curious about Phelan and Gleason. Have a feeling both are going to get signed they both were consistently good.

Phelan signed a contract with Texas in the summer.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seguin extension getting close, most likely more than Benn's 9.5M.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Lindell, Hintz/Dellandrea, Shore/Ritchie, and a 1st?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Beat reporter for Vegas says they're out too, after acquiring Pacioretty.

Sharks are apparently very interested, but I'm not sure what kind of package they could offer.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seguin's deal will be north of 10M, per Brian Lawton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad