Pre-season thread

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen with the one timer on the PP! Hintz with one of the assists not sure who gets the other.

A goal and an assist for Heiskanen today. Both on the PP

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Mittens

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen with another goal!

An assist for Robertson as well. Believe he leads everyone in the tournament with 7 points. Not 100% sure though. Despite him being considered a bad/slow skater, he always seems to be in the right position to make plays. Defensively and offensively

3 points for Heiskanen tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen and Robertson dazzled in OT but Stars lost in a shootout. Mascherin scored in the shootout it looked like but theres no review so they don't know if it went under the bar or not so that sucks.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I can't remember who was complaining about Robertson not getting a chance to play in the Calder Cup finals last season, but in case you didn't hear, he didn't get ice-time because he showed up at 240 lbs. and completely out of shape and unable to contribute. They sent him home and hooked him up with a conditioning coach, and he's down to 200 now and looking way better.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I can't remember who was complaining about Robertson not getting a chance to play in the Calder Cup finals last season, but in case you didn't hear, he didn't get ice-time because he showed up at 240 lbs. and completely out of shape and unable to contribute. They sent him home and hooked him up with a conditioning coach, and he's down to 200 now and looking way better.

Source?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

240? He would be noticeably obese. That can't be right.

Reactions: Kcb12345
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
240? He would be noticeably obese. That can't be right.

Sounded like a lot to me too, but I'm pretty sure that's what they said. Even if it is too high, being overweight and out of shape is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why the Stars would have him join the team and then send him home early without even playing him in a game.

He might not have gained all that weight just from the end of the OHL season as well - he could have been eating poorly for a while and letting his workouts slip during the season since he'd already been drafted.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sounded like a lot to me too, but I'm pretty sure that's what they said. Even if it is too high, being overweight and out of shape is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why the Stars would have him join the team and then send him home early without even playing him in a game.

He might not have gained all that weight just from the end of the OHL season as well - he could have been eating poorly for a while and letting his workouts slip during the season since he'd already been drafted.
Yeah they did say 240, they even talked about it on todays broadcast where they think he could score 50-60goals (in the ohl) if he was a little Thinner and healthier.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
If what Vegas paid for Max is any indication, we would never be able to afford anyone of substance without including Miro as we have nothing but garbage outside of him, and we should stay the **** away from any trade including him
Good deal for Bergevin, hell both teams. That basically sets our starting roster. Karlsson is still under Ottowa management though, you never know.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Yes Jason let his fitness really go during the OHL playoffs. When he went to Texas, he couldn't keep up with the Texas players in the drills, and the coaching/training staff told him to go to Gary Roberts in Toronto and get in shape, so during the summer Robertson moved to Toronto by himself and worked with Roberts. He actually looks a lot thinner and quicker than he did during the OHL playoffs. Shapiro wrote an article about him a few days ago.

I'm actually more excited to see what he can do, seeing that he seems to be more agile while not having 30 - 40 pounds weighing him down. Hopefully he can keep his weight down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
So hopefully, at least some of those reports of horrible skating were due to him being fat.

First impression is a twinkie addition better than Vodka, but both can be deadly to a sports career.

Is there any impression that either he or AdamM have any shot at Janmarking their way all the way to the Stars this year?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
After seeing the video the Sens put out, I don’t think Karlsson makes it to camp. Feel like this might be the week, guys.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
After seeing the video the Sens put out, I don’t think Karlsson makes it to camp. Feel like this might be the week, guys.

Very similar to what the Rangers did before McDonagh and Miller were dealt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Let's see if any prospects get pulled from tomorrow's game...

Think Heiskanen and Hintz aren't playing anyways. So either Robertson or Dellandrea would be the ones to watch. Wouldn't surprise me if they had more interest in Robertson as part of the return now because of how good he has been this tournament.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Boy don’t you know the Stars have a number of players with their fingers crossed right now going please don’t let me be included that package, anywhere but Ottawa. If a deal gets done of course.

Reactions: ItsBennGreat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad