Pre-season predictions you made that look good now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
which thread and when

Several threads in the preseason on the Ducks board. People kept saying: "Hampus is probably gonna suffer the inevitable sophomore slump"

I kept saying no he's not. His development curve is too high.

I don't feel like fishing it out.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
When the Preds signed Ribeiro I said they could be a Western Conference Final team. Looks good so far. My witness is Viqsi from conversations

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
do u have thread handy?

In this thread I started in August, I picked the Flyers to miss the playoffs

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1727109&highlight=

In this thread I picked the Capitals over the Blue Jackets and Devils for a playoff spot where most others took Columbus.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1726023&highlight=

I believe I said Letang would get the Norris nod in the best defensemen pools and the Metro division prediction thread shows I picked the Flyers and Jackets to miss also.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Regarding Paul Stastny before he signed with the Blues. Granted he's been hurt for 8 games and could still turn it around, but it isn't looking very likely. Guy is average at best and turned a great playoff series into a nice payday.

Stastny Thread Pre-Signing

Post # 397

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Wasn't sold on the Devils.

Also: I predicted that the OP would make 350 posts telling us how bad the Flyers are.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
I predicted the Habs would win their conference.
That Bernier would prove to be an average starting goalie
That Kessel would fail to reach thirty goals and sixty points.

There's a good chance I can get 3 out 4 correct.
Bernier has been average. The Habs may win their conference. Kessel might not reach thirty goals.

The toughest prediction to reach will be Kessel staying under sixty points. That's a stretch...but still doable. Especially if Kessel keeps playing as he has of late.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I didn't implicitly say it on this forum because I didn't want to get an infraction but I said to anyone who would hear it that Colorado was going to suck this season. So far I was right.

we get this thread every year (for the past 14 years or so) and people make claim to some interesting predictions and when asked for proof we get the "Well, didn't post it but told my budies" type response
I actually said that Mackinnon wasn't all that, and the hype was overblown but yeah, I didn't actually say that Colorado was going to suck, my bad.

The fact is I predicted it, anyone who knows hockey predicted the same.

They probably wish they still had Stastny, that guy was a perfect match with Mackinnon. Varlamov while he's good is not the goalie you want if you absolutely rely on goaltending, he's not even top-5 in the league. A great part of the Avs success last season was due to Varlamov.

And don't get me started about Roy. Tremblay had a good first season too, as a coach, and look what happened.

Last edited:

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Chucky > Yak.I made the claim in about a dozen threads and to no surprise i was right.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Chucky > Yak.I made the claim in about a dozen threads and to no surprise i was right.
I actually said in these posts that I'm talking about that that Chucky isn't far from Mackinnon and I was shunned. I know they have one year difference but Chucky also missed a whole year due to injury. Nevermind Yakupov, Chucky is comparable to Mackinnon as far as I'm concerned.

One is faster and the other has the intangibles.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Regarding Paul Stastny before he signed with the Blues. Granted he's been hurt for 8 games and could still turn it around, but it isn't looking very likely. Guy is average at best and turned a great playoff series into a nice payday.

Post # 397

Well I guess it's a good thing that the Blues are only "stuck" with him for 3 more years. The short term is why his AAV is so high.

You have to give to get?

Plus making the Avs weaker in the process is worth every penny:laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
-The Jackets would miss the playoffs

-The Penguins wouldn't suddenly get significantly better with a new coach (like a lot of people seemed to think)

-The Wild would stink

I'm only right when I'm trashing teams. If I say something nice about you, you're ****ed. :laugh:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Post # 397

He's already turned it around. 14 points in his last 15 games while averaging about 18 minutes a game.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Predicted Blues would win Presidents trophy and Stanley Cup

Sticking with it

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
When the Preds signed Ribeiro I said they could be a Western Conference Final team. Looks good so far. My witness is Viqsi from conversations

Hey, the playoffs still have yet to be played. :D

I was pretty sure the Preds would be in the running for a playoff spot. I didn't expect... this. :amazed:

Also, I maintain that unless one's reasoning for predicting the Jackets missing the playoffs involved a metric ****ton of injuries, you don't get to count that. Everybody I saw who insisted the Jackets wouldn't make it weren't doing so because of depth considerations or anything like that; it was exclusively of the "well, they're Columbus and Columbus sucks, right?" or "Bob's the only reason that team does anything" variety.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Hey, the playoffs still have yet to be played. :D

I was pretty sure the Preds would be in the running for a playoff spot. I didn't expect... this. :amazed:

Also, I maintain that unless one's reasoning for predicting the Jackets missing the playoffs involved a metric ****ton of injuries, you don't get to count that. Everybody I saw who insisted the Jackets wouldn't make it weren't doing so because of depth considerations or anything like that; it was exclusively of the "well, they're Columbus and Columbus sucks, right?" or "Bob's the only reason that team does anything" variety.

:laugh:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I took Ryan Johansen in the 8th round of my fantasy hockey draft (the day before he signed)

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Let and would return to Norris form.

(I like when people say show proof)
How am I supposed to find a specific thread were I'd post this.

Islanders would make playoffs

Wrong: leafs will make playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad